Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
just heard through works whatsapp that a rumour is starting that BJ is resigning in January???? seems unlikely to me and i dint do twitter or such, anyone else hearing this?

I've heard that rumour too. The PM salary is not enough for him apparanty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes - like many others I'm no fan of the bloke (to put it mildly) but you wouldn't wish this Covid crisis on any PM.

I for one, would have wished this Covid crisis, on ANY other Prime Minister.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hospitals are not full, they are less busy than same time last year, that is a fact, how I don’t know? Perhaps because FLU rates are so low but to be honest I’m so sick of all things COVID now I don’t even have the energy to debate or argue with people on here anymore but anyone who believes anything that comes out of this clueless bunch of buffoons mouths give your head a wobble.

The problem with that analysis is that it is only critical care occupancy that is relevant. For this sector, occupancy levels are higher year on year although there is now extra capacity.

https://data.spectator.co.uk/city/nhs

Unfortunately Covid hospital admissions are rising, so capacity will reduce. Anything the Government announces this afternoon will be intended to halt this trend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I feel sorry for Boris. Everybody seems to blame everything on him as if he started passing this virus around.

This x 100.

This is a very fast moving situation. Put yourself in his shoes. He has to listen to the experts, when things change he then has to react. Everyone cries u-turn, but if things change what is he supposed to do? It’s a nightmare situation and they are doing the best they can do based on the advice they are given.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So If this is it till March, I imagine it is.

They need to give companies Billions more in support, there will be absolutely nothing left.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
This x 100.

This is a very fast moving situation. Put yourself in his shoes. He has to listen to the experts, when things change he then has to react. Everyone cries u-turn, but if things change what is he supposed to do? It’s a nightmare situation and they are doing the best they can do based on the advice they are given.

i expect, if the truth really be told, that every party leader at the time of the last election is truly glad they didn’t win the election and Boris wishes the hell he hadn’t, if ever there was an election to loose that was it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
So If this is it till March, I imagine it is.

They need to give companies Billions more in support, there will be absolutely nothing left.

just our children and grandchildren to pay for this for decades, but still what is the alternative? offer no support and see countless businesses fold, pensions, savings etc to collapse .... it’s genuinely a loose loose scenario

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This x 100.

i can't work out if you're joking or not

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This x 100.

There has been a week of Doctors far and wide condemning his Christmas relaxation and all he could do was pre-emptively shift the blame to the plebs who have a Christmas like he suggested. How many half baked U-turns is this now? Following the science, my arse. Knee jerk reacting when the science becomes overwhelming, more like.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Absolutely. ANY other party would have prevented Coronavirus, or maybe banned it.

:facepalm:

Cheltenham 2020, while Italy was pleading that we should lockdown.
Doesn't his crony Dido make money out of The festival, though?

Chelts.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You really really don't know that any other party wouldn't have done as bad. They may have done worse, a lot worse or maybe better, we will never know.
I would certainly hazard a guess that Corbyn would have done worse.

You can guess all you want, but you still don't seem to understand that it's not a political party issue. I can tell you that in my lifetime there has never been such an incompetent Government in the UK (and that's a lot of Governments of various political hues).

And it seems I am in good company.

Veteran UK politics journalist and news presenter David Dimbleby has named the current Conservative government as the worst in his entire lifetime.

Dimbleby, who is 82 years old, fronted the BBC's coverage of every general election from 1979 to 2017, as well as the Brexit referendum and Question Time. It's safe to say that he has seen his fair share of governments and prime ministers in that time, and he ranks the current crop, led by Boris Johnson as the lowest of the low.

https://www.indy100.com/news/david-dimbleby-boris-johnson-uk-government-b1767250

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
This x 100.

Absolutely!

I just cannot imagine Labour (or any other person or organisation) doing a better job of this.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This x 100.

And that’s the problem.

The government needs the capacity to think for itself. Sage is not the be all and end all of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This x 100.

Bless

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Did they make the virus? Blame those that made it, pretty sure it wasn’t Boris.

no one has said that.

bj's decisions and the timing of them has been extremely questionable,

he did choose to be pm and attempt to emulate churchill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here