Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris johnson as the p.m

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i fail to see what is bonkers about keeping one of the worlds leading cities competitive and fit for business.

Totally agree. Which is why the time taken to build an airport in the Thames is a no go when contrasted with the time taken to upgrade Heathrow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes but zac goldsmith is standing down and he's gonna be the Tory candidate to replace him. At least that's what I've heard.

Zac has alluded to forcing a by-election, this is all. Equally Boris has stated he will see out his London term which will see him run the capital until after the next election. If Boris is a man of his word then he will not be in a position to go for the leadership immediately after the next election. Personally I think you will see him go back on his pledge to Londoners and stand at the next general election.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Totally agree. Which is why the time taken to build an airport in the Thames is a no go when contrasted with the time taken to upgrade Heathrow.

hanging your hat on eventually everyone in britain growing up and all agreeing to just get on with things rather than use these projects as massive, emotionally charged, political football, is prehaps why we need a radical alternative that people havent had decades to formulate arguments against. we are fighting the british people when it comes to infrastructure, we are as thick as shit in this country, we will all be in awe of some shit office block built by bloody qataris, but anything of any practical use brings out the pitchforks.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Apart from his crazy idea to build an airport in the Thames what ideas are actually his? The impression I have is that he heads up a team of advisors which tell him everything he needs to know and tell him at the right time so he does not forget. A friend of mine spoke to him a while back and asked him about a few of his policies and he did not seem to have a clue and kept saying 'got to stick up for Londoners' as a response. He seemed lost without his team. As I say, a figure head.

And it was livingston that created Boris Bikes... It was Livingston who initially said YES for the Olympics to come to London...

Boris doesn't have any ideas... he is just the face... the goons are behind him...

Both have positives and a lot more negatives... However Boris as PM... I feel that this is more likely than a lot will believe however he will be be fine...UNTIL the shit really does hit the fan with something... so no thanks...

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You expect to be taken seriously mentioning principled person in the same breath as Livingstone.

Well i would certainly take that seriously. Ken Liingstone has done far more for London than Boris ever did, and if people don't believe he is principled, it is because they believe what they read in the papers - viz all the stuff about the Evening Standard elsewhere in this thread. I would agree that he went too far in the "guard in a nazi Concentration Camp" episode, but to say he was provoked is an understatement. Quoting that exchange in isolation and out of context is at best naive and at worst dishonest.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He is a lot more calculating and clinically opportunist than the image he presents. His false bonhomie might work on the world stage for a while but where will he go with the first conflict or crisis?...it doesn't bear thinking about.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's a bonkers idea when you already have an airport struggling with only two runways and plenty of space to build another runway(s).

the people of Harmondsworth and Sipson might have something to say about that, and all the while they do it will be neither cheap or quick. then theres the endless judical reviews once the good brughers of Pimlico, Chelsea and South Kensington realise they are sat under the flight path. agree that Boris island is bonkers... but if they got the private funding in place it might happen rather quickly. bit like Boris as PM really, bonkers, you cant take it seriously, but you're not quite sure if it will happen.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
i wish i was as thick as most elected members of parliament. most would wipe the floor with us, there may be a lot of wallies but very few genuinely stupid people. that tends to be the electorate and people like us commentating.

Agree with this. Reading through this thread there is very little intelligent reasoning just expletives and stereotyping which both the Daily Mail and the Mirror would be proud of. We get the politicians we deserve.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
You don't think the genial buffoon bit is actually an act ? It may be amusing - but I am not sure that what you see is what you get.

He's obviously a smarter cookie than he looks, and he does put on a likeable buffoon facade, but when it comes down to content he does seem to say what he thinks which is refreshing. I'm not sure the likes of Cameron et al. know how to handle him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do you have to be an MP to be PM? You can be a minister or a member of the cabinet without being an MP ...

no they dont. i recall quite a few 19th century PMs where lords. though the monarch rules by act of parliament, i reckon they'd have something to say if she/he didnt offer it to the leader of the largest party in the commons as is the convention now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here