Boris johnson as the p.m

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Fair point. When I say "natural politician", I probably mean "natural cabinet minister".

agreed. london mayor is not a toothless or politically irrelevant appointment though far from it. if it was a cabinet post it would be a f***ing biggy.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
He's more a figure head than a politician.

currently, if thats your interpretation of the role. and i think thats a provincial one. its really not a 'figurehead' role at all. funny how everyone on the left wanted a return to centralised london government and now a torys in charge he is a figurehead hahaha.

he has been a very successful politician though, and in that success has been some weathering of some pretty bad storms, the mark of a successful politician.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Absolutely not, the man is a buffoon

Mayor of London is the perfect role for him.

seriously you think its a joke appointment for an intellectual lightweight? thats a scary view if you have access to a polling card.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as an indicator of the paucity of intellect and talent in politics - and perhaps the depths to which we have sunk in our adoration of "celebrity" - the concept of Boris as PM just about says it all :(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He seems to have too much heart for the job imo. Politicians need to be more dead inside than him.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
as an indicator of the paucity of intellect and talent in politics - and perhaps the depths to which we have sunk in our adoration of "celebrity" - the concept of Boris as PM just about says it all :(

i wish i was as thick as most elected members of parliament. most would wipe the floor with us, there may be a lot of wallies but very few genuinely stupid people. that tends to be the electorate and people like us commentating.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He's not a natural politician. I imagine he would be a disaster running the country and would kop lots of unwarranted flak because he's not slippery enough.

The Mayor of London office is a great post for a principled person with a bit of passion, their head scewed on, and for whom you wouldn't trust with the purse strings. It's why Livingstone and Johnson have both made pretty good Mayors, IMO.
You expect to be taken seriously mentioning principled person in the same breath as Livingstone.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You expect to be taken seriously mentioning principled person in the same breath as Livingstone.

why is he not a buffoon? giving money hand over fist to a crook to advise him on black issues, who was raised by an all white family in an all white town 250 miles away from london. gleefully revelling in the destruction of white communities in inner london, hobnobbing with the IRA who were bombing his own city, the list is endless. its frightening that provincial English people which this doesnt affect would prefer him over a very well educated intellectual with Britains best interests at heart, because of some vague idea that one colour party is cooler than another colour party.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Depends on whom he were to surround himself with.

The problem we have with The Tories, (and Labour) is that both the Cabinet, and Shadow Cabinet is chocked full of career Politians who are so up themselves it's untrue, and who know nothing of life outside the Westminster bubble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not getting into a debate over the rights and wrongs of Livingstone, but for what it's worth, I think he is quite a prinicipled man. I'll give two examples:

1) he put his career on the line over the congestion charge. How many ministers of any party would have the stones to do something like that.
2) he quite rightly refused to back down when that little prick at the Standard kept hounding him, resulting in Livingstone comparing him to an SS guard.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
why is he not a buffoon? giving money hand over fist to a crook to advise him on black issues, who was raised by an all white family in an all white town 250 miles away from london. gleefully revelling in the destruction of white communities in inner london, hobnobbing with the IRA who were bombing his own city, the list is endless. its frightening that provincial English people which this doesnt affect would prefer him over a very well educated intellectual with Britains best interests at heart, because of some vague idea that one colour party is cooler than another colour party.
Ssshhh!! you're not allowed to point this out !

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
i wish i was as thick as most elected members of parliament. most would wipe the floor with us, there may be a lot of wallies but very few genuinely stupid people. that tends to be the electorate and people like us commentating.

They're all shysters and Livingston and Johnson are no different

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not getting into a debate over the rights and wrongs of Livingstone, but for what it's worth, I think he is quite a prinicipled man. I'll give two examples:

1) he put his career on the line over the congestion charge. How many ministers of any party would have the stones to do something like that.
2) he quite rightly refused to back down when that little prick at the Standard kept hounding him, resulting in Livingstone comparing him to an SS guard.
So how was the reporter "hounding" him ?? this is a transcript of the exchange , the london mayor , basically refusing to talk to london's only evening paper
Oliver Finegold: "Mr Livingstone, Evening Standard. How did it ..."

Ken Livingstone: "Oh, how awful for you."

Finegold: "How did tonight go?"

Livingstone: "Have you thought of having treatment?"

Livingstone: "Have you thought of having treatment?"

Finegold: "Was it a good party? What does it mean for you?"

Livingstone: "What did you do before? Were you a German war criminal?"

Finegold: "No, I'm Jewish. I wasn't a German war criminal."

Livingstone: "Ah ... right."

Finegold: "I'm actually quite offended by that. So, how did tonight go?"

Livingstone: "Well you might be, but actually you are just like a concentration camp guard. You're just doing it 'cause you're paid to, aren't you?"

Finegold: "Great. I've you on record for that. So how did tonight go?"

Livingstone: "It's nothing to do with you because your paper is a load of scumbags."

Livingstone: "It's reactionary bigots ..."

Finegold: "I'm a journalist. I'm doing my job."

Livingstone: "... and who supported fascism."

Finegold: "I'm only asking for a simple comment. I'm only asking for a comment."

Livingstone: "Well, work for a paper that isn't ..."

Finegold: "I'm only asking for a comment."

Livingstone: " ... that had a record of supporting fascism."

Finegold: "You've accused me ..."

After the words "You've accused me" there is a gap on the tape followed after five seconds by a sound indistinguishable other than its being a male voice.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
They're all shysters and Livingston and Johnson are no different

thing is mate they arent. there are i am sure many good, smart people in government on all sides. there are some shysters, cnts and self serving arseholes like any job where you get to be in charge of people it attracts pricks. but there are a lot of people who want to help our country and society. in britain no one understands that, its a me society and if someone isnt looking after YOU personally they arent worth a wank. its our society that has problems not necessarily our politicians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here