Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom speaks...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why do the facts suggest TB isn't good at keeping managers. He had Gus for over 3 seasons, who left because we hit his ceiling (and whatever other truths are out there), and we've then had OG who lasted a year. Not really sure this says he's not good at keeping managers in today's climate.

If we lose another next summer, I might start agreeing with you.

Then again: what if we got a manager in now who swept us to the title in record time, with a huge points haul, and was then (inevitably) the target of bigger clubs?

I don't think that would be a failure on Bloom's part. Poyet leaving wasn't a failure by the Albion despite all the unsavoury elements: it was a reflection of his success at the club that other clubs would be interested in him, surely?

Likewise Garcia can hardly be said to have failed, even looking at the last result. Two managers appointed by Bloom, two relative successes. Failure would be appointing men who achieve nothing on the pitch and are sacked for that reason, usually mid season.

Bloom's track record really doesn't cause me concern so far.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I think we can be certain that you'll be saying the same about the new one when he arrives, seeing as you've said it about every manager we've had since you first joined NSC. Maybe you should start a "new manager out" thread now, get the ball rolling :lolol:

And guess who I said should have got the job ? The man you has just been made manager of the year Tony Pulis, check out the thread and you'll see I was right back in August

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Unsurprised - he wasnt open with the media either. Also notable that he wasnt a "hands-on" manager and liked to delegate tasks.

Somewhat backs up those that suggested Jones was doing the main work.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ, don't even joke. We need someone with a brain.

:thumbsup:

4ytydeny.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The first one stayed for 3 and 1/2 years, steering the club away from a relegation, winning the division and then getting the club into the play-offs. How can anyone interpret that as anything other than a minor miracle, in this day and age?

The Garcia episode has certainly been disappointing (although the footballing target of top 6 was achieved), but it is difficult to detect a "trend" based upon a single instance.

Actually you have made a fair point about Gus being here 3 and half years.

But how much of that was under the Barber and Burke set up. A season? So Gus lasted a season with it, Oscar lasted a season with it. That's my concern.

I have every confidence that Bloom will chose yet another great manager, I have less confidence that they will like working with the set up we currently have. I think it needs some change.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And guess who I said should have got the job ? The man you has just been made manager of the year Tony Pulis, check out the thread and you'll see I was right back in August

Well stop the clocks, everyone, send Ernest up to the Amex at once. We're saved.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think it is also a bit indicative that Oscar alone has left. Even the Spanish coaches remain with the club. Perhaps Jones is as much the architect of the top 6 finish !!! Not sure that is a healthy thought on this site.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Better than Alan Shearer obviously, but I think Holloway's fairly settled at Millwall tbh.

Holloway is the scarecrow pre-Oz.

We're after the post-Oz model.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it is also a bit indicative that Oscar alone has left. Even the Spanish coaches remain with the club. Perhaps Jones is as much the architect of the top 6 finish !!! Not sure that is a healthy thought on this site.

I can't see the Spanish guys staying. Depends on the new manager & whether he tends to bring his own team with him, but I'd imagine there could be some contracts being paid up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe it was Oscar neither being in his office nor answering his phone on transfer deadline day.

That would be "difficult to communicate with" I imagine.

Oooo. Is this supposition or a little hint here?

Hardly the actions of someone who had a whole list of realistic targets and wanted to be involved in transfers. Definitely the actions of a slightly sulky head coach. I am now AMAZED that Naylor got away with printing that article.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Jones and Burke are to blame you fool....for everything!!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Oscar liked to delegate..."

I heard he didn't coach players directly, and barely spoke to some of them from one week to the next. Shocking, really.

Hardly the actions of someone who had a whole list of realistic targets and wanted to be involved in transfers. Definitely the actions of a slightly sulky head coach. I am now AMAZED that Naylor got away with printing that article.

OK, I'll try asking you - what in the Bloom interview has shown there were factual innaccuracies in the Naylor piece?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I f**king love Tony Bloom, btw.

Candid, honest, real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here