Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom speaks...

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Listening to him (which I have never really done so closely before) it seems to me he has not got the charisma of a tough talking , business minded large company type CEO

What like Ken Bates?

I don't agree at all, leadership is far more complex than that. Steve Jobs for example was very successful at Apple and he wasn't what you'd call a tough talking, autocratic business character!

If he wasn't good at what he does he'd not have the millions he's pumped into this club. He's the visionary and he employs a senior management team who's job is to follow that vision, he's clear about what he wants and his management team are delivering it.

Last season was about compliance to FFP, success on the field of play and moving a step closer to being PL ready - when you measure how successful we've been against those objectives you have to call it a job well done.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't think I believe that. Players say a lot of things. When managers lack discipline, it usually filters through to the team. That's when you see a rash of reckless decisions (Sunderland under PDC) resulting in a terrible disciplinary record on the pitch.
We had three reds last season. One for two nothing yellows, one rescinded and one error by Leo.

Plus we came sixth. Team spirit was good and there were no dissenting voices throughout the season...aside from Kaz and he's a plank.
Doesn't fit for me.

TK and Bruno scrapping during the game at Sheff Weds?

Andrews and Martinez having to be separated during the warm up on Sunday, after the coach threw a ball at the player's back.

Constant bitching between Greer and TK?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Steve Jobs for example was very successful at Apple and he wasn't what you'd call a tough talking, autocratic business character!

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

That's some mighty powerful stuff you've been smoking

Having listened to the interview, I can't see much discrepancy between Naylor's account yesterday and Bloom's. There are obviously differences of emphasis but many of the salient facts are the same. Although Bloom does sound pissed off that he has to go through the whole process again

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

That's some mighty powerful stuff you've been smoking

Having listened to the interview, I can't see much discrepancy between Naylor's account yesterday and Bloom's. There are obviously differences of emphasis but many of the salient facts are the same. Although Bloom does sound pissed off that he has to go through the whole process again

That was my take too and if anything added more credibility to Naylor's article. It seemed the events aren't in.doubt but the emphasis on who was right, wrong, reasonable or unreasonable differed. As you would expect in any break up. It's only human

I think Blooms sounds more likely tbh

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
TK and Bruno scrapping during the game at Sheff Weds?

Andrews and Martinez having to be separated during the warm up on Sunday, after the coach threw a ball at the player's back.

Constant bitching between Greer and TK?

You have a fair point here, not everything has looked rosy.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Pretty much every manager not employed in the Premier League will have seriously considered applying.

Cardiff has Tan. Fulham's owner is trigger happy. Reading is going into financial meltdown. QPR could well be embagoed from December.

Norwich, Wigan ( not available ) and albion are surely the most attractive posts.

Ooh, got a horrible shiver down my spine that Adkins might apply.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

I have to agree.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ooh, got a horrible shiver down my spine that Adkins might apply.

He will. Or he already has. I imagine.

He'll want an exit ramp from Reading if their finances are as bad as reports hint at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here