Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talks like a fan, good interview.

Rodriguez WAS an Oscar target.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It sounds like he feels he has been let down by Oscar. Brighton and Hove Albion is in a safe pair of hands, we are so lucky to have Tony as a supporter.

Dec 29, 2011
Oscar did ask for players to be signed - but either clubs refused to sell, players didnt want to move or wages were too high. The club did what he asked but for whatever reason, they werent able to be signed.

Money not a "consideration" when looking to appoint a new manager, TB wants the best manager possible.

And rightly so. A good [expensive] manager can get a shit team promoted from this league, while a shit [cheap] manager may struggle to get a good team out of this league. Moreover, the wages of managers are less than players, so an 'expensive' manager may not even earn THAT much.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Talks like a fan, good interview.

Rodriguez WAS an Oscar target.

He's listens to the question carefully, thoroughly thinks through the answer (he's probably already thought ahead of the sort of questions he'd get), and gives the answer clearly and succinctly.

So nothing like a fan at all, really

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
"Quite a few" new players to come in.

TB seems to pretty much dismiss that Naylor article yesterday as a load of crap, and some of it certainly appears to be.

Also comes across (to me), that as communication was a big issue, he will be looking for the new manager to be a good communicator and probably English, despite him saying about foreign applicants.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Very good interview and I am happy with everything he says apart from being happy with David Burke. In my opinion, he failed to bring in the right players last season and has to be accountable.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Odd that ... must have come through loud and clear at the interview
Not really. Easy to see how they rated his football credentials so highly that they were willing to give him time to improve his communication skills in English. Shame it never happened.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's almost as if Naylor's article yesterday only presented a very skewed version of the story. Who'd have thought it?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Top Man Tony, I knew all the bullshit being spouted would be cleared up when we got to hear from him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
"David Burke is doing an excellent job"
"Rodriguez was one of Oscar's main targets"
"Players Oscar wanted were unavailable"
"Wants best manager for the job. He will be aware of our budgets and meet the staff" before deciding to take the job.
"Looking at all type of managers, some English, some foreign, some played here, some not"
"No time scales re new manager. Player recruitment carrying on David Burke and Nathan Jones. Probably won't bring in new players until new manager appointed"
"Budget not set quite yet for next year. Vote on FFP taking place in 10 days which may have a bearing on the division and our budget for next year"
"All massively disappointed with play-off defeat. It is how we react to that."
"We need to get our new manager in, bring quite a few new players in and I for one cannot wait for the new season. We have a lot to look forward to"

Very interesting and pretty candid really.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Had this vision of Oscar watching TV and writing down the list of players he would like on a piece of paper and handing it Tony, while saying "these will make me 'appy" and walking off. When Tony looks at the list it has Messi, Ronaldo and Rooney on it.

I'm sure that's not the case but what ever happens I trust Tony to get another good manger. From the playing side of things he done well so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here