Bloom needs to pull his finger out now

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
For people moaning at this post, fans have a right to point it out especially as this is a fans forum and not as you put it "an email to tony bloom". Is this forum only for posts regarding sunshine happiness and everything else brilliant and about BHA or we allowed to express an opinion that questions the club and those that run it. You'll note the original post didn't say "Bloom out" only the club need to pull their finger out, which given we just let go the keeper and centre back that were crucial to having one of the best defences in the league for the last two years, is a justified concern.

You need to question the staus quo sometimes, if we didn't we would never have got rid of Archer and Bellotti. If it's so obvious to Tony Bloom and Barber why is nobody from the club saying anything, why are we waiting around for news, why are we letting our best players go and replacing them with the choices of some executive rather than a manager. AND if the club don't like people pointing out the obvious or getting anxious, like the man said "pull your finger out and get moving" tell us some bloody news.

trust.jpg

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
DUMB and or WRONG ?

Couldnt we just learn the lessons from last pre season ? Yes ok we had a massive problem with injuries all season and were fortunate to get into the play offs, BUT, and i mean BUT, yet again we get into the play offs and we blow it because the manager cannot get the tactics right because of the pure fact his mind is distracted because he wants to leave.
My message is the same as the original post, TONY BLOOM and BARBER and BURKE need to act now, get it right and get some players on board, because otherwise we will not be in the play offs, and we will not be Premiership Ready
End of

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well clearly theres something wrong with the set up at the club, despite Tony Bloom investing many millions into the stadium and the new training facilities, Why did POYET leave halfway through a 5 year plan ???? Why did OSCAR leave after one season into a 3 year contract ?

I always find myself wondering: how did people like you express your frustrations in life before they invented the internet? Were you standing outside the Goldstone, banging on the door of the offices, demanding to know why Chris Cattlin was sacked?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well clearly theres something wrong with the set up at the club, despite Tony Bloom investing many millions into the stadium and the new training facilities, Why did POYET leave halfway through a 5 year plan ???? Why did OSCAR leave after one season into a 3 year contract ?

Disagree that there is "clearly something wrong at the Club". Much though I liked both Poyet and Garcia, Poyet brought it on himself and Oscar was the right person in many ways, possibly, but the wrong one in others.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My message is the same as the original post, TONY BLOOM and BARBER and BURKE need to act now, get it right and get some players on board, because otherwise we will not be in the play offs, and we will not be Premiership Ready
End of

Gutting really as, we've been working on our scrums and line-outs all season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
DUMB and or WRONG ?

Couldnt we just learn the lessons from last pre season ? Yes ok we had a massive problem with injuries all season and were fortunate to get into the play offs, BUT, and i mean BUT, yet again we get into the play offs and we blow it because the manager cannot get the tactics right because of the pure fact his mind is distracted because he wants to leave.
End of

ejurupaj.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
DUMB and or WRONG ?

End of

Hmmmm, your use of the phrase "Premiership Ready" (capitalised) is somewhat suspicious, I have to say.

(By the way, we weren't "lucky" to get into the play offs: we got there because we got more points over 46 games than eighteen other teams).

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
EDNA, i also wonder how people like yourself survived before the internet was invented ??? Did you go upto people who you didnt agree with shouting and poking them in their face telling them they were wrong or dumb or stupid ????????????? Or did you write poison pen letters to them ? Or perhaps you named and shamed them in big banners on roundabouts or public telehone boxes ?????

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Do you not have ANY concerns or any inklings of doubt with regard to Oscar and Poyet wanting to leave at stages of the season when promotion was still possible? None at all?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Dude, no one is calling you dumb or stupid. Just think about it rationally for a second yeah, it's May 23rd. CALM THE **** DOWN.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Do you not have ANY concerns or any inklings of doubt with regard to Oscar and Poyet wanting to leave at stages of the season when promotion was still possible? None at all?
I have
but I don't go to games, so think maybe it is wrong for me to even comment, but there is the little guy in the back of my mind saying something IS wrong
it could of coarse be me, who has been a supporter for 53 years now.
but hey ho! thats football as they say

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There are a group of apologists on here who, for some reason, like to adopt a holier than thou attitude, and regard anybody who dares raise a question or comment hinting at a negative aspect of the club or a club situation, as somehow inferior and lacking in loyalty,... some even suggest you cannot be a real fan if you dont bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Has anyone ever established whether not having a manager in place has a significant effect on players leaving or joining the club? I seem to remember CMS (I think) saying that players just get on with it, but I may have imagined it. Certainly, I have never left a place of employment because a manager had left and had not been replaced within a short period of time, and I'm not aware of anyone I know having done this either. Things may be a little bit more uncertain, but would it make you leave your job, unless the former manager was your best mate and wanted you to join him somewhere else, on more money?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There are a group of apologists on here who, for some reason, like to adopt a holier than thou attitude, and regard anybody who dares raise a question or comment hinting at a negative aspect of the club or a club situation, as somehow inferior and lacking in loyalty,... some even suggest you cannot be a real fan if you dont bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong.

blimey I find myself agreeing with you and giving you a thumbs up
I ask myself is the world about to end???????
:lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Hypothetical question for you:

Say there's a bloke who you really want. I mean REALLY want and he's absolutely top drawer but he's currently indisposed because he's got a big game to focus on and then he wants a few days to relax with the family. He's agreed to meet you in a few weeks and seems genuinely interested in the job. Remember, this bloke is the business. Opportunities to talk to someone like him don't come along very often. This could transform the club.

Do you:
a) take the risk that of waiting a week or two and really go for this bloke?
b) decide you can't wait so go for someone of a much lower calibre and reputation who's available now?

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that there might be legitimate reasons why Bloom is stalling.

Precisely this, for all you know said bloke may have agreed a Heads of Terms and said right let's get this game out of the way, a couple of weeks at Butlin's and then I'm all yours lads!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
blimey I find myself agreeing with you and giving you a thumbs up
I ask myself is the world about to end???????
:lolol:

A quick glance at NSC this morning would suggest that yes, the world does seem to be about to end.
Doomed, I tell thee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports