Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom needs to pull his finger out now

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Well come the end of july and theres no manager in place, and the club struggling to make signings, and desperately raiding the season loan market, id hate to tell you i told you so !!!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
i personally think Tony bloom needs to rethink the employment of Barber and Burke, 2 seasons now back at this level and clearly the management of these two clearly arent up to it, get rid and get in the Chuckle Brothers, i reckon they wud do a better job !!!

3 seasons at this level. 2 of them finishing in the playoffs. Imagine what we could achieve if we employed people who knew what they were doing....:facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You really have nailed it there, great stuff. I only wish we had someone like you in charge of the Albion, not that uncaring, disinterested, absentee, lazy, tight-fisted SLACKER Tony Bloom, then we wouldn't be in such a crap position. It's an outrage to think we find ourselves, on the 23rd of May, drifting, aimlessly, without a full squad, ready and raring to go for August. To cap it all, I've just heard that the club have allowed some of the players to go on holiday. HOLIDAY? FFS, I don't pay upwards of five hundred pounds a season to watch our players pissing it up in Las Vegas and Dubai! What is going on?? Why aren't they TRAINING?

get in Edna
give to em both barrels

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
i personally think Tony bloom needs to rethink the employment of Barber and Burke, 2 seasons now back at this level and clearly the management of these two clearly arent up to it, get rid and get in the Chuckle Brothers, i reckon they wud do a better job !!!

I personally clearly think that you clearly don't clearly know what you're clearly talking about.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Well come the end of july and theres no manager in place, and the club struggling to make signings, and desperately raiding the season loan market, id hate to tell you i told you so !!!!

but I have no doubt you will though

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
For people moaning at this post, fans have a right to point it out especially as this is a fans forum and not as you put it "an email to tony bloom". Is this forum only for posts regarding sunshine happiness and everything else brilliant and about BHA or we allowed to express an opinion that questions the club and those that run it. You'll note the original post didn't say "Bloom out" only the club need to pull their finger out, which given we just let go the keeper and centre back that were crucial to having one of the best defences in the league for the last two years, is a justified concern.

You need to question the staus quo sometimes, if we didn't we would never have got rid of Archer and Bellotti. If it's so obvious to Tony Bloom and Barber why is nobody from the club saying anything, why are we waiting around for news, why are we letting our best players go and replacing them with the choices of some executive rather than a manager. AND if the club don't like people pointing out the obvious or getting anxious, like the man said "pull your finger out and get moving" tell us some bloody news.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hush now, you're embarrassing yourself.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Yeah okay no doubt Tony Bloom hasn't forgotten we need a manger sharpish and is making every effort...HOWEVER he does need to pull his finger out and stop two seasons of piss poor play off performances, losing managers each year and some of our best players. Yes he has saved us, yes we have a nice ground but its time to act like a big club instead of a little kid with flash toys.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
For people moaning at this post, fans have a right to point it out especially as this is a fans forum and not as you put it "an email to tony bloom". Is this forum only for posts regarding sunshine happiness and everything else brilliant and about BHA or we allowed to express an opinion that questions the club and those that run it. You'll note the original post didn't say "Bloom out" only the club need to pull their finger out, which given we just let go the keeper and centre back that were crucial to having one of the best defences in the league for the last two years, is a justified concern.

You need to question the staus quo sometimes, if we didn't we would never have got rid of Archer and Bellotti. If it's so obvious to Tony Bloom and Barber why is nobody from the club saying anything, why are we waiting around for news, why are we letting our best players go and replacing them with the choices of some executive rather than a manager. AND if the club don't like people pointing out the obvious or getting anxious, like the man said "pull your finger out and get moving" tell us some bloody news.

Yeah, but not a week and a half after the season has ended! The time to panic would be 14:55 on the opening day on the season and we're fielding a squad made up of ball-boys and caterers with a gibbon in the dugout.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

What would you like them to do? Issue a daily (hourly?) press release saying "We haven't appointed a manager yet, we're still going through the process"?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hello All,

I'd just like to say i think Tony Bloom and Barber need to pull their finger out now and sort out who they want as new manager and get them in place, and start signing new players and get them in place ready for the pre season. Just cant help thinking now that Upson has gone plus the players that have been released, aprt from signing Nzuzi, we could get left behind in the transfer market, certain players are available or their agents looking for moves, if its left too late until after the world cup etc, most of these players will be signed up, leaving the Berk chasing after whats left or season loan deals

Go away you Palace idiot.

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
HOLIDAY ??? AGENTS ON HOLIDAY ???? well clearly Upson and his Agent arent on holiday are they ??? they just got themselves a move to Leicester on a bumper payday, and clearly Bloom isnt on holiday, cos he has just rubber stamped the moved !!!! so if its ok to sit at your desk and say yes to players leaving, its ok to have a read through of the mountainous pile of CV of various available managers and find someone who clearly
A) has the right crediantils for the job
and
B) Actually wants to be here for more than one season

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hypothetical question for you:

Say there's a bloke who you really want. I mean REALLY want and he's absolutely top drawer but he's currently indisposed because he's got a big game to focus on and then he wants a few days to relax with the family. He's agreed to meet you in a few weeks and seems genuinely interested in the job. Remember, this bloke is the business. Opportunities to talk to someone like him don't come along very often. This could transform the club.

Do you:
a) take the risk that of waiting a week or two and really go for this bloke?
b) decide you can't wait so go for someone of a much lower calibre and reputation who's available now?

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that there might be legitimate reasons why Bloom is stalling.

Your right Redknapp wouldn't be a bad appointment. .But Clement is a disaster waiting to happen.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No one's moaning about the post, we're just laughing at the absurdity of it, and its' timing. And, in my case, the reason for it.

What would you like the club to say? "We're looking to bring in players and a manager."? I think Tony pretty much covered that in a 15-min long interview with Radio Sussex, didn't he? Not to mention the announcement of a new arrival earlier in the week...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If we are really a after the Real Madrid number two, then talks can start next week.

TK wanted to go, just like Liam and Ash.

MU has been offered a one year deal in the PL at 35 - what would you do? His is beginning to get injury prone and lots of you want Dunk in the team.

How can we be falling behind when the playoff final has not even happened yet.

Get real people and go on holiday !

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
HOLIDAY ??? AGENTS ON HOLIDAY ???? well clearly Upson and his Agent arent on holiday are they ??? they just got themselves a move to Leicester on a bumper payday

There you go then. He WUD have gone even if we did have a manager.

:facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
HOLIDAY ??? AGENTS ON HOLIDAY ???? well clearly Upson and his Agent arent on holiday are they ??? they just got themselves a move to Leicester on a bumper payday, and clearly Bloom isnt on holiday, cos he has just rubber stamped the moved !!!! so if its ok to sit at your desk and say yes to players leaving, its ok to have a read through of the mountainous pile of CV of various available managers and find someone who clearly
A) has the right crediantils for the job
and
B) Actually wants to be here for more than one season

Why would he rubber stamp a move for a player that was out of contract? ???

Again, great advice - Tony, stop ignoring those CVs on your desk and appoint someone NOW!!! :dunce: :tantrum:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hypothetical question for you:

Say there's a bloke who you really want. I mean REALLY want and he's absolutely top drawer but he's currently indisposed because he's got a big game to focus on and then he wants a few days to relax with the family. He's agreed to meet you in a few weeks and seems genuinely interested in the job. Remember, this bloke is the business. Opportunities to talk to someone like him don't come along very often. This could transform the club.

Do you:
a) take the risk that of waiting a week or two and really go for this bloke?
b) decide you can't wait so go for someone of a much lower calibre and reputation who's available now?

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that there might be legitimate reasons why Bloom is stalling.

Well said. Better to make a good decision at the right time than rush in to second best in panic. I would much prefer we were looking to sign players that the new manager has identified as targets, but we are not in a perfect world and we have to deal with what we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here