Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom needs to pull his finger out now

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I Really cannot believe some of you lot, somebody posts something that you dont like, and all yo do is ridicule and heckle people, calling the palace fans etc, well all i would like to say is everybody has the right to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not, thats your problem not mine !!!!

And i really do wonder why so many fellow supporters i speak to at games say they do read but will not post on here

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
HOLIDAY ??? AGENTS ON HOLIDAY ???? well clearly Upson and his Agent arent on holiday are they ??? they just got themselves a move to Leicester on a bumper payday, and clearly Bloom isnt on holiday, cos he has just rubber stamped the moved !!!!

Bloom has rubber stamped nothing, Upson is out of contract and therefore free to move wherever he wants.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Hello All,

I'd just like to say i think Tony Bloom and Barber need to pull their finger out now and sort out who they want as new manager and get them in place, and start signing new players and get them in place ready for the pre season. Just cant help thinking now that Upson has gone plus the players that have been released, aprt from signing Nzuzi, we could get left behind in the transfer market, certain players are available or their agents looking for moves, if its left too late until after the world cup etc, most of these players will be signed up, leaving the Berk chasing after whats left or season loan deals

Process is well under way as it was nearly two weeks ago, do you really want to get the wrong manager in quick sharp, these things take time. Secondly Tb said that he had to wait until the FFP meeting ( which i believe is today) to see what our financial state will be before the transfer budget is agreed. I have no doubt we will be signing some quality this summer. I have a sneaky feeling we had the best out of Matt Upson last season, good luck to him

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What would you like them to do? Issue a daily (hourly?) press release saying "We haven't appointed a manager yet, we're still going through the process"?

Yes, of course, just to show the world that we are panicking!

I am sure all is under control at AMEX towers. Messrs Barber and Bloom had a worse situation to deal with last year, and we did ok.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
HOLIDAY ??? AGENTS ON HOLIDAY ???? well clearly Upson and his Agent arent on holiday are they ??? they just got themselves a move to Leicester on a bumper payday, and clearly Bloom isnt on holiday, cos he has just rubber stamped the moved !!!! so if its ok to sit at your desk and say yes to players leaving, its ok to have a read through of the mountainous pile of CV of various available managers and find someone who clearly
A) has the right crediantils for the job
and
B) Actually wants to be here for more than one season

You just get better and better.

Bloom: "Will you PROMISE, cross your heart & hope to die, to be here for more than one season?"

Candidate: "Errr.....um....yeah, sure, that's, um, yeah, no problem"

Bloom: "Great! When can you start?"

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Fair enough it is early days, but there are a couple of points of concern already and regardless how long it is after the season finished the club could say a bit more to reassure fans. Especially given;

a) We've just lost our manager and it hasn't clearly been explained. Implications and rumours so far being that lack of fiance played a part.
b) We lost our manager early last year and faffed around for ages, I'd like to think we could have learnt a lesson from that being it wasn't that long ago.
c) Our team was renowned for having a strong defence but struggled to score goals, we've just lost two key elements of that strong defence which would at least on papaer suggest we maybe signifcantly weaker in defence and still not be able to score goals. That's not the hall mark of a playoff chasing team, the opposite in fact.
d) For the second year running we seem to have someone other the first team manager buying players, thats odd and it needs clarifying. If it is director of football or an executive making these decisions why have the club not said that they've appointed someone to do this.

It is still only May, two weeks after our last game, but wherever we are in the season those questions need answering. I don't care whether they're obvious to Tony Bloom or not, people pay a lot of money to support this club, the most expensive outside the premier league and I think they're entitled to answers on some very basic questions, or to be anxious if all there is is silence.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
d) For the second year running we seem to have someone other the first team manager buying players, thats odd and it needs clarifying. If it is director of football or an executive making these decisions why have the club not said that they've appointed someone to do this.

:facepalm:
What exactly do you think David Burke's job title is?

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Said it once

Yes and u were wrong then as well
All of last season everyone was saying oscar needed time to mould the squad to his style, if we don't get a a new manager in place soon then we will be able to use that same excuse next season, is that a good thing in your opinion?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Well clearly theres something wrong with the set up at the club, despite Tony Bloom investing many millions into the stadium and the new training facilities, Why did POYET leave halfway through a 5 year plan ???? Why did OSCAR leave after one season into a 3 year contract ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I Really cannot believe some of you lot, somebody posts something that you dont like, and all yo do is ridicule and heckle people, calling the palace fans etc, well all i would like to say is everybody has the right to an opinion, whether you agree with it or not, thats your problem not mine !!!!

And i really do wonder why so many fellow supporters i speak to at games say they do read but will not post on here

The responses are indicative, with an equal and opposite appropriateness, of how dumb your original and subsequent posts were.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For people moaning at this post, fans have a right to point it out especially as this is a fans forum and not as you put it "an email to tony bloom". Is this forum only for posts regarding sunshine happiness and everything else brilliant and about BHA or we allowed to express an opinion that questions the club and those that run it. You'll note the original post didn't say "Bloom out" only the club need to pull their finger out, which given we just let go the keeper and centre back that were crucial to having one of the best defences in the league for the last two years, is a justified concern.

You need to question the staus quo sometimes, if we didn't we would never have got rid of Archer and Bellotti. If it's so obvious to Tony Bloom and Barber why is nobody from the club saying anything, why are we waiting around for news, why are we letting our best players go and replacing them with the choices of some executive rather than a manager. AND if the club don't like people pointing out the obvious or getting anxious, like the man said "pull your finger out and get moving" tell us some bloody news.

But then the clique wouldn tbe allowed to close ranks and blow smoke up each other.

I disagree with the original poster. We'd all like to see a manager in now and players signed not leaving but no panic.

The sarcasm and closing of ranks does get a bit tiresome though.

Orginal poster entitled to his opinion regardless of the fact he is wrong

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
:facepalm:
What exactly do you think David Burke's job title is?

Fair enough but I don't remember the club saying that he was now responsible fro all of our signings. Obviously I missed that, because I would have been annoyed and concerned about that at the time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fair enough it is early days, but there are a couple of points of concern already and regardless how long it is after the season finished the club could say a bit more to reassure fans. Especially given;

a) We've just lost our manager and it hasn't clearly been explained. Implications and rumours so far being that lack of fiance played a part.
b) We lost our manager early last year and faffed around for ages, I'd like to think we could have learnt a lesson from that being it wasn't that long ago.
c) Our team was renowned for having a strong defence but struggled to score goals, we've just lost two key elements of that strong defence which would at least on papaer suggest we maybe signifcantly weaker in defence and still not be able to score goals. That's not the hall mark of a playoff chasing team, the opposite in fact.

It is still only May, two weeks after our last game, but wherever we are in the season those questions need answering. I don't care whether they're obvious to Tony Bloom or not, people pay a lot of money to support this club, the most expensive outside the premier league and I think they're entitled to answers on some very basic questions, or to be anxious if all there is is silence.

aha some sense at last

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well clearly theres something wrong with the set up at the club, despite Tony Bloom investing many millions into the stadium and the new training facilities, Why did POYET leave halfway through a 5 year plan ???? Why did OSCAR leave after one season into a 3 year contract ?

Poyet was sacked, or did that little nugget escape you?

So because you don't know precisely what's happened, you've convinced yourself that something is going horribly wrong? Has it not occurred to you that, certain issues notwithstanding, the club is on top of the situation and prioritising dealing with your apparent anxieties?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The sarcasm and closing of ranks does get a bit tiresome though.

Orginal poster entitled to his opinion regardless of the fact he is wrong

As, quite plainly, are the rest of us.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Poyet was sacked, or did that little nugget escape you?

So because you don't know precisely what's happened, you've convinced yourself that something is going horribly wrong? Has it not occurred to you that, certain issues notwithstanding, the club is on top of the situation and prioritising dealing with your apparent anxieties?

one small point he wanted to go long before he was sacked

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Fair enough but I don't remember the club saying that he was now responsible fro all of our signings. Obviously I missed that, because I would have been annoyed and concerned about that at the time.

He's not. As has been explained a million times before, his staff do the analysis and research into players and then present a list to the manager, ceo and chairman based upon specifications that they've previously decided upon. They then then decide who to attempt to sign. The manager and assistant manager are welcome to suggest any potential signings they like but, as was the case with Oscar, the list may not be achievable.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hello All,

I'd just like to say i think Tony Bloom and Barber need to pull their finger out now and sort out who they want as new manager and get them in place, and start signing new players and get them in place ready for the pre season. Just cant help thinking now that Upson has gone plus the players that have been released, aprt from signing Nzuzi, we could get left behind in the transfer market, certain players are available or their agents looking for moves, if its left too late until after the world cup etc, most of these players will be signed up, leaving the Berk chasing after whats left or season loan deals

Press Conference Tuesday 6pm (Monday is a Bank Holiday) when Paul Clement will be unveiled as the new Manager. Have a relaxing weekend with this knowledge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here