Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom in pledge to fans - 6 Aug 14

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
this is the same board who offered Barnes less and let him go for peanuts
and what ever you say or think about him he scored goals
something we lack now

Strictly speaking - no. Certainly a different CEO in at the time and, in terms of the playing side, a different Director of Football/Head of Football Operations as well

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yep - who knows - but I think Poyet was certainly very keen to bring in CMS who he promised he was going to 'build the team around'. Bloom has come out and said this recently (how Poyet let him down by telling him one thing and then not playing to his strengths). The Peterborough Chairman has also said that Poyet pretty much 'hypnotized' CMS into signing for us and if Barcelona had come in for him, he would have still signed for us (or something along those lines)

this is the same club/ board /chairman/manager who bought Baldock for 1.5m and played him on the wing

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep - who knows - but I think Poyet was certainly very keen to bring in CMS who he promised he was going to 'build the team around'. Bloom has come out and said this recently (how Poyet let him down by telling him one thing and then not playing to his strengths). The Peterborough Chairman has also said that Poyet pretty much 'hypnotized' CMS into signing for us and if Barcelona had come in for him, he would have still signed for us (or something along those lines)

Was Poyet replaced by an animatronic double or something? If it was him, the signing of CMS and losing of Murray to make way is the most bizarre decision he has ever made by a long, long way. Since day one Poyet has banged on and ON about slow, patient, steady build up play. CMS is the complete antithesis of Gus's entire footballing ethos. It makes'a no sense.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Strictly speaking - no. Certainly a different CEO in at the time and, in terms of the playing side, a different Director of Football/Head of Football Operations as well

but we had the same chairman ..............who the hell is in charge

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Was Poyet replaced by an animatronic double or something? If it was him, the signing of CMS and losing of Murray to make way is the most bizarre decision he has ever made by a long, long way. Since day one Poyet has banged on and ON about slow, patient, steady build up play. CMS is the complete antithesis of Gus's entire footballing ethos. It makes'a no sense.

100% agree - the way we have played since bringing CMS in has made absolutely no sense at all in terms of getting the best out of him (although think Poyet was trying to ship him out after a year or so - when he nearly went to Norwich and we brought in Dobbie as a replacement)

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
The truth is undoubtedly somewhere in the middle. But from a players' perspective, when your bosses keep delaying contract negotiations and rearranging meetings at short notice you usually know what they're getting at. I sympathised with GM at the time because of that, and have never understood the vitriol he's received for making a decision based largely on where he wished to live. The way things have turned out though, the appears that that anger was duly misplaced. But then again, it wouldn't be the Albion if everything went swimmingly would it?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Could be wrong but as I understand it Bloom said to Poyet "is Glenn worth what he is asking as we will pay it". The answer was NO from Gus. As a result its Poyes greates mistake*

*Probably speaking as a Brighton fan I couldnt give a **** about the Mackems

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be very fair to Bloom, he did not sack Hyypia. He had just left for Oz having endorsed Hyypia before leaving when Hyypia resigned. His handling of Hyypia's reign still baffles me, I am looking forward to some sort of explanation at the next fans forum.

Hughton has to be given a chance to fix things at the end of the season, but I must admit I am worried by what I have seen so far. What on earth has happened to the confidence we saw after Hyypia left under Jones and at the beginning of Hughton's reign? All very concerning and we are lucky that there are some really crap teams in this division.

This. In fact thats the ONLY question I really need answering. We were DOWN under Sami. Dead and ****ing buried. I have seen enough football to know a relegated side and that was it. It baffles me to this very day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could be wrong but as I understand it Bloom said to Poyet "is Glenn worth what he is asking as we will pay it". The answer was NO from Gus. As a result its Poyes greates mistake*

*Probably speaking as a Brighton fan I couldnt give a **** about the Mackems

That is repeated time & time again but there is no proof, that is what actually happened. It probably did but Cloughie also posted something that I heard about the bosses messing Murray around for months before. I know when we played at Bournemouth, Murray came over near the fans whilst warming up and was asked if he had been offered a new contract yet. He looked very resigned and said no. That was 22nd January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here