Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom fans forum

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
These threads always make me smile,seeing the rose tinted specs brigade faithfully defending the obvious problems at the club as regards player recruitment and on the other side who question the clubs ambition.
Surely the investment in the stadium and training ground shows the ambition ?
From what I and most others see the only problem is David Burke, he's not doing the job he's paid to do, that showed last season and is doing so again now.
Sack him and replace him with somebody who can actually sign a player or two.

Well done.

I have said this for months and all I got was abuse, being called a bed wetter etc.

The whole point of having a recruitment team is to know who 'might' be available and what their 'approx' price may be. Also if they would consider coming to you.

We have been told that we are ready at any time to sign players, so where are they? How come we never know the value of a player? Why are we still haggling over Ward? We have taken FFP to incredible levels and all I see is good manager after good manager leaving due to our lack of 'decisiveness' in the market.

Shiny stadium, great, cat 1 training, great where are the fu**ing players to excite to make us feel happy on a Saturday??!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hi Palace troll :wave:

Until someone comes along and is will to spend as much as or more than the top four clubs, no other team is going to be perminently breaking into that closed shop any time soon (including Palace). Spurs and Everton can't do it, and how long have they been established for?

If you want to support a team with that sort of ambition, follow one of them (Man City is probably your best bet for glory)

It could almost be a clone of the banned palace troll TaxiRitchieUK.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
Shiny stadium, great, cat 1 training, great where are the fu**ing players to excite to make us feel happy on a Saturday??!![/QUOTE]

Are you volunteering to get your cheque book out to pay for the players? If not then just say thank you to the bloke who does write a cheque for a new ground and if he wants to run the team as self financing with the biggest support in the division then that is up to him. Would I like Bloom to do a Jack Walker (but with us, a club with a big fan base)? Yes I bloody would. Do I demand it? No, as its not my money.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
These threads always make me smile,seeing the rose tinted specs brigade faithfully defending the obvious problems at the club as regards player recruitment and on the other side who question the clubs ambition.
Surely the investment in the stadium and training ground shows the ambition ?
From what I and most others see the only problem is David Burke, he's not doing the job he's paid to do, that showed last season and is doing so again now.
Sack him and replace him with somebody who can actually sign a player or two

This is the problem, not David Burke, but those who have no clue what he does and what he should be doing differently (if anything) or if anyone else had been in that position during his spell, if they would have been any better.

It seems like someone clutching at straws and looking for fault and someone to blame because we arn't able to spend like a club with parachute payments and they must find a scapegoat for this and others have just jumped on the anti David Burke bandwaggon without any real proof that he is doing a bad job or hasn't done or already doing what he is being accused of failing to do. They have a very niave attitude to the transfer dealing of any professional football club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe David Burke would have done himself a favour by being on the panel tonight? (apologies if this has already been suggested).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
First thing first: There is no Rymans league any more.
Secondly: The training facility does not count towards FFP. Buying TEN MILLION pounds worth of player does.
We had injury crisis after injury crisis last year. We needed better facilities. And now we have the best in the country.
Look at where having an academy of stature has taken Southampton.

Says who?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Shiny stadium, great, cat 1 training, great where are the fu**ing players to excite to make us feel happy on a Saturday??!!

Are you volunteering to get your cheque book out to pay for the players? If not then just say thank you to the bloke who does write a cheque for a new ground and if he wants to run the team as self financing with the biggest support in the division then that is up to him. Would I like Bloom to do a Jack Walker (but with us, a club with a big fan base)? Yes I bloody would. Do I demand it? No, as its not my money.[/QUOTE]

Where have I asked for us to break the bank for players?

We have sold Bridcutt, Barnes and Ulloa.

We have lost Upson, Orlandi, Lopez, Lingard, Rodriguez, PIG, Hoskins, Andrews for one reason or another.

We have banked millions and spent next to nothing and certainly not bought any stand out players (except Stockdale).

If having the shiny stadium and training ground means we will be self financing by selling our better players then I stand by my point.

I, like thousands of our fans come to watch good players playing good football and doing their best, I don't come to marvel at the shiny ground with the flashing advertising boarding!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Are you volunteering to get your cheque book out to pay for the players? If not then just say thank you to the bloke who does write a cheque for a new ground and if he wants to run the team as self financing with the biggest support in the division then that is up to him. Would I like Bloom to do a Jack Walker (but with us, a club with a big fan base)? Yes I bloody would. Do I demand it? No, as its not my money.

Where have I asked for us to break the bank for players?

We have lost Upson, Orlandi, Lopez, Lingard, Rodriguez, PIG, Hoskins, Andrews for one reason or another.

We have banked millions and spent next to nothing and certainly not bought any stand out players (except Stockdale).

If having the shiny stadium and training ground means we will be self financing by selling our better players then I stand by my point.

I, like thousands of our fans come to watch good players playing good football and doing their best, I don't come to marvel at the shiny ground with the flashing advertising boarding!![/QUOTE]

Transfer window isn't over yet - wait and see if we get players in and who and a fee paid isn't an indication of how they will fare. Bridcutt was a free, became our player of the season and was sold to Sunderland for a decent amount. Will Hoskins was brought for a guestimated £500k, and was injured a lot and left for nothing.

The choice is numbers and average players in early or wait and get the best players we can, even if it takes a lot longer

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I, like thousands of our fans come to watch good players playing good football and doing their best, I don't come to marvel at the shiny ground with the flashing advertising boarding!![/QUOTE]

This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe it's in the translation but what I read in the Argus from Bloom sounds like waffle and what Sami says sounds like regurgitated Bloom waffle. Not very encouraging, on the playing side at all IMO.

Maybe it's in the translation but what I read in the Argus from Bloom sounds like waffle and what Sami says sounds like regurgitated Bloom waffle. Not very encouraging, on the playing side at all IMO.

So you have based your assessment on the interpretation of the Argus rather than listening to it yourself ? The same Argus which has been widely castigated for it's reporting on transfer activity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

So you have based your assessment on the interpretation of the Argus rather than listening to it yourself ? The same Argus which has been widely castigated for it's reporting on transfer activity.

You beat me to it. Icy Gull, you are forming an opinion based on someone else's opinion, rather than listening for yourself.

I also noticed that those who listened on the radio, said the panel all sounded gloomy and downbeat, yet, at the forum in person, I saw the smiles, facial expressions and body language of those involved, which came across as far from downbeat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You beat me to it. Icy Gull, you are forming an opinion based on someone else's opinion, rather than listening for yourself.

I also noticed that those who listened on the radio, said the panel all sounded gloomy and downbeat, yet, at the forum in person, I saw the smiles, facial expressions and body language of those involved, which came across as far from downbeat.

Fair enough, I hope you are right. Lacking confidence is not something I want to do. I have felt really enthusiastic about the last three seasons at the Amex, I am pretty downbeat about the upcoming one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough, I hope you are right. Lacking confidence is not something I want to do. I have felt really enthusiastic about the last three seasons at the Amex, I am pretty downbeat about the upcoming one.

Sadly, you and the majority of our fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here