Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bloom fans forum

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
No, you're right. The training facilities at falmer were just what an aspiring Prem team should have to put up with. No doubt they really helped with our injury situation last year too.
Let's just train in a field. What could go wrong?

'Train in a field' which is not far from where we were a few years ago. Recently we have been slumming it at the uni amongst other places and we still managed to win Lge 1 and reach the play offs in style months later. So, we were doing ok......yes??? Suddenly TB proposes a new training ground. Great, how much? £20 million quid matey. Why? Why do we need to spend £20 million on a training facility when we had been overachieving with nowhere near that?!?! Surely if you wanted to get rid of cash so quickly then build one half as good (still infinitely better than the current set up), invest half of what you have left in the squad to play in your lovely new ground and bank the rest for rainy days or suddenly available star players.

Lancing just smacks of expanding the property portfolio and looking to generate future income by training, coaching and nurturing young talent to sell them for a large profit, because let's be honest, with the lack of investment in THE FIRST TEAM SQUAD we will be in the Rymans selling kids to the prem.

Just doesn't sit right with me

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Moron! All of these sides have been in the Premiership!! We on the other hand have not!

Calm down. They have been and have returned like Palace, our turn will come one day just like the other yo yo clubs but no need for name calling. If you can't debate a topic then don't bother replying.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'Train in a field' which is not far from where we were a few years ago. Recently we have been slumming it at the uni amongst other places and we still managed to win Lge 1 and reach the play offs in style months later. So, we were doing ok......yes??? Suddenly TB proposes a new training ground. Great, how much? £20 million quid matey. Why? Why do we need to spend £20 million on a training facility when we had been overachieving with nowhere near that?!?! Surely if you wanted to get rid of cash so quickly then build one half as good (still infinitely better than the current set up), invest half of what you have left in the squad to play in your lovely new ground and bank the rest for rainy days or suddenly available star players.

Lancing just smacks of expanding the property portfolio and looking to generate future income by training, coaching and nurturing young talent to sell them for a large profit, because let's be honest, with the lack of investment in THE FIRST TEAM SQUAD we will be in the Rymans selling kids to the prem.

First thing first: There is no Rymans league any more.
Secondly: The training facility does not count towards FFP. Buying TEN MILLION pounds worth of player does.
We had injury crisis after injury crisis last year. We needed better facilities. And now we have the best in the country.
Look at where having an academy of stature has taken Southampton.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So what your saying is there is no hope?

The best case scenario is we would have to accept being a club like Stoke or West Brom , always looking over our shoulders. The Premier League is basically 3 mini leagues within one division and we would yoyo between the bottom two mini leagues.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

At last someone who knows what there talking about! I salute you sir!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Secondly: The training facility does not count towards FFP. Buying TEN MILLION pounds worth of player does.
We had injury crisis after injury crisis last year. We needed better facilities. And now we have the best in the country.
Premiership training facilities! Div 1 squad! Wake up please!!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The best case scenario is we would have to accept being a club like Stoke or West Brom , always looking over our shoulders. The Premier League is basically 3 mini leagues within one division and we would yoyo between the bottom two mini leagues.
I rest my case even you have little or no ambition where Albion are concerned! Best case scenario please!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

The premier league, then.....Selling 70% of their players? Losing a fantastic manager? Almost certain to come down?

Sorry I don't follow. Is this our 'One Club, One Ambition' at work? 'Get them young sell them on' seems more realistic

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I rest my case even you have little or no ambition where Albion are concerned! Best case scenario please!!

That is the best case scenario.

Once or twice a decade, a run-out in That Other European Cup.
Once or twice in a lifetime, an increasingly meaningless FA Cup final appearence.
The rest of the time mud-wrestling with Stoke and Villa, and watching famous people beat us silly.
It's not dead, but it's sure not heaven.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If we get into the Premier League we'll be in a perennial struggle with 12 other clubs trying to avoid relegation. Any clubs that look like they could have a go and make a dent in the top 8 have their best players cherry picked by the top 4 to put them on par with the rest of the "have nots"

This is an excellent point and genuinely why football is shit nowadays.

When I was a kid teams like Norwich, QPR, Nottingham Forest, Blackburn, Derby, Ipswich and Aston Villa all had seasons genuinely challenging for the title. (some succeeded!)

Sure, the big clubs were there or thereabouts most of the time, but smaller clubs had a realistic chance.

Last season Southampton had an outstanding season, playing terrific football. If that squad had been kept together, with maybe one or two additions, they might genuinely have competed for a top 4 spot.

But no, their squad has been pillaged of their star players and they will struggle to stay up probably.

Face facts, football is shit now.

Unless you support one of about 5 teams you will never win anything.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I am realistic in how high we can go because the top 8 clubs in the Prem are effectively a closed shop and you can thank Sky for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here