SouthCoast
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5280235 said:
You expect us to score three, THREE, goals!? :mad:

we are due a few goals in both nets..

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't see this being a 0-0.

I want to see a convincing Albion performance and will be interested to see how they bounce back after Leicester game. Will be good to see them dig deep and show some team spirit rather than getting on each others backs, especially if they go a goal down.

A rousing performance would be good to instill some confidence especially ahead of the live TV game but I'd settle on a jammy 2-1 win for the Albion - with the winner finding the net off Ashley Barnes backside.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
1-1

Ince for them, CMS us

12,787 with 1089 BHA

Even though the other day we had only sold 350 tickets ???

2-0 to the Albion - but whoever scores first WILL win, if anyone wins of course - Blackpool are as good as us at coming back to win from a losing position. Them losing Phillips is good for us, but Ince is a very good player who we need to keep under control.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
In my dream last night we lost 7-6, but that seems quite unlikely to me.

Not too convinced on the thread title, but it could become the new tradition.
Blackpool 1 - 1 Brighton & Hove Albion
(Dicker, Ince)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blackpool v Brighton & Hove Albion

Saturday 27th October 2012 - Kick off 3.00 pm
Bloomfield Road, Blackpool
NPower Championship

Football Ground Guide: Bloomfield Road, Blackpool FC

*** run of the mill Championship game. Better thread than normal with images. Improving. Still not great though. The method of inserting images has now changed.

Match Day Thread - Blackpool v Brighton message board.

Going by the 78-79 promotion season bad spell, I expect Gus to persevere with the same side (like Mullery did), (not the one with Dobbie and Orlandi, that nearly took Ipswich apart on the left*, but in the end fired blanks) and the usual team will fight their way out of their temporary drought. Teams will be cagey if not outright defensive against us, or else they might come a cropper like Burnley did. If we win all our games in Lancashire this season, it would help. Who is the best of the Lancashire contenders?
I think Bolton, Blackburn and Blackpool are all ahead of Burnley so to expect a win would be beyond expectations.

Forecasted starting XI (never ever got one correct)

Kuszczak
Bruno El-Abd Greer Bridge
Bridcutt Crofts Hammond
Buckley Mackail-Smith Barnes

Subs:
Ankergen, Dunk, Lualua, Dobbie, Orlandi, Calderón, Dicker

Orlandi (for Hammond) and Dobbie (for Barnes) to come on at 68 minutes even of we are winning 1-0.

With both teams going through a bad spell, 1-1 is really a banker score and almost worth a bet.

Blackpool have Matt Philips who qualifies as a goalscoring midfielder which despite out glut of midfielders we have not actually got one that has a record of putting the ball in the back of the net. Vicente looks the best bet but he is injured and Dobbie only has a goalscoring record for Blackpool last year.

Charlie Austin scores a lot of goals for Burnley, but he is not expected to defend like Ashley Barnes, So I think Barnes ought to push forward more and only defend at opposing corners. I'd sooner Macca comes deeper.

I think a good bet is the Bridge - Orlandi - Dobbie triangle on the left to score with Macca and Buckley causing problems on the right. Before, the Leicester match, I could not think of a way we could get goals. But that was a blip. There are goals all over the Albion side, except we have not got a prolific goalscoring midfielder that can curl one in from just inside the box. All our midfielders are capable, but they do not do it often enough. (I keep coming back to the Matt Sparrow goals against Southampton.)

*In the West Stand you could not see so clearly how Orlandi and Dobbie and Bridge were causing Ipswich and their coloured full back problems: alas Lualua mucked it up a bit. Leicester did the same thing to us with their goal (seen on the lowlights). We are better than Leicester (I think) as not only are we dangerous on the left (if our players are fit) but we have Buckley on the right (if he starts this afternoon) and Vicente to come back sometime. But this depends if Macca shoots on target.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just watching Dobbie's interview, he's not the liveliest bloke you'd ever meet.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Even though the other day we had only sold 350 tickets ???

2-0 to the Albion - but whoever scores first WILL win, if anyone wins of course - Blackpool are as good as us at coming back to win from a losing position. Them losing Phillips is good for us, but Ince is a very good player who we need to keep under control.

we had 950 sold yesterday ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here