Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool v Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
could Razak be out because we have exceeded the number of loan players in a squad? Reyes, Mattock, Vokes?
You're allowed five in a matchday squad I think. More than thta anyway as we've had all them in and Assulin too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think in a two man midfield this can be a problem. TBH in the Portsmouth game I thought we missed Razak, or Sparrow, or JFC even.
We didn't miss anyone once Vicente was on.

It's difficult to see Blackpool getting anything from this game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
We didn't miss anyone once Vicente was on.

It's difficult to see Blackpool getting anything from this game.

dont be too confident, they are at home on a shit pitch which probably wont suit us and are a very good side. This is not going to be easy at all.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Given the respective managers I suspect that little is more certain than that the two LuaLua boys will be facing up to each other at some point before 5pm

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
dont be too confident, they are at home on a shit pitch which probably wont suit us and are a very good side. This is not going to be easy at all.

This, I'm surprised Vicente is starting tbh, I reckon he'll struggle to last 90 mins and the pitch won't suit us...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has made three changes for the Seasiders' game against Brighton and Hove Albion this afternoon.

Neal Eardley, Keith Southern and Kevin Phillips start in place of Craig Cathcart, Ludovic Sylvestre and Lomana LuaLua.

Team: Gilks, Eardley, Evatt, Baptiste, Crainey, Ferguson, Southern, Taylor-Fletcher, Ince, M Phillips, K Phillips

Subs: Cathcart, Martinez, LuaLua, Dicko, Bednar

Read more: Viewing a thread - Exiles matchday thread Pool v Brighton

We might have to be aware of Neal Eardley. Steve Claridge rates him and he provided the cross for the Kevin Philips goal at the Amex. Crainey is also dangerous.

Scouting Report for Blackpool (A)

Blackpool did the double over Liverpool last season.

With numbers:

1. Matthew Gilks
5. Neal Eardley
15. Alex Baptiste
6. Ian Evatt
3. Stephen Crainey
16. Barry Ferguson
4. Keith Southern
23. Matt Phillips
12. Gary Taylor-Fletcher
36. Thomas Ince
9. Kevin Phillips
SUBS
20. Craig Cathcart
31. Martinez Angel
32. Nouha Dicko
35. Roman Bednar
38. Lomana Tresor LuaLua

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
According to Wazza Aspinall, the pitch is quite a good surface.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Good team, great bench to come on and grab a needed goal or two. Not an easy game today, it will be hard to get 1 never mind 3 points, but I think we may just win this one.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Noone will be key - Vicente will put balls through to the goal line and Noone needs to get on them and knock them back towards the edge of the box for Ash or CMS or Vicente or...... to knock them in

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The starting line up and bench tells us that Gus will be absolutely livid with a draw.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This, I'm surprised Vicente is starting tbh, I reckon he'll struggle to last 90 mins and the pitch won't suit us...
You're both clueless, 3-1 easy victory for the mighty seagulls. I've put the family silver on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here