Substitutes
28 Kingson
20 Cathcart
23 M Phillips
09 Harewood
10 Ormerod
16 Varney
44 Beattie

Blackpool F.C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

English League Championship 2010-2011 Table - statto.com

Blackpool are still contendors with a defence as bad as Leeds. These opponents should suit the Albion but their players in bold are capable of upsetting any team in this league. And I think they have some other useful (=irritating) players. How can Holloway's heart stand the strain?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We're not going to win all 10 remaining games so a draw here would be a good result. That said I reckon we are meeting them at a good time and Holloway will likely have them coming forward in droves and leaving huge gaps behind. Wouldn't be a huge surprise for us to come away with all 3

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We struggle on bad pitches so a draw wouldn't be a bad result.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would be happy with a point

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yup a point against Blackpool will be good, with wins against Derby and Forest to follow it up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Latest team:
Blackpool
01 Gilks
03 Crainey
06 Evatt
15 Baptiste Booked
20 Cathcart
12 Taylor-Fletcher
14 Sylvestre
16 Ferguson
23 M Phillips (Dicko - 78' )
36 Ince (Bednar - 72' )
38 LuaLua (K Phillips - 66' )
Substitutes
05 Eardley
31 Angel
09 K Phillips
32 Dicko
35 Bednar

These opponents should suit the Albion but their players in bold are capable of upsetting any team in this league. And I think they have some other useful (=irritating) players.

Not Ince who is the in-form striker in this league at present or Taylor-Fletcher who managed to score goals in a relegated side last year ???

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have just found this page:

Global football scouting services, professional scouting reports - IMScouting

I think Cathcart might be their Adam who is meant to pass and long and accurately to their forwards when their midfield plan becomes a cropper. There are £millions on getting to the Premiership, and we ought to be looking for at least a draw. The will be harder games to follow. Holloway is capable of springing a surprise. How will he react to two successive defeats after a good run of results?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Since when was a list of a team's last line-up and two sentences even Steve Claridge could manage to put together a 'scouting report'?

Its a start. Part One. Their are links anyway. Blackpool got to the play-offs with 70 points.

English League Championship 2009-2010 Table - statto.com

It won't be enough this year. After 38 matches they had 51 pts. English League Championship 2009-2010 Table - statto.com

Neal Eardley might have to be watched if he can put the ball on the head of Kevin Philips.

Blackpool - Reports: Eardley doesn't travel to Hull

I have not seen Blackpool play this year and I can't remember last season.

Full backs:
Blackpool 2-2 Birmingham match report Both full backs score for Blackpool - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Full Backs

Fair enough, it's a decent effort. Tell me what Blackpool's style of play is and who they rely on to pull it off (rather than just highlighting their goal threats) and I'll be more impressed!

I think I would have to watch them for real. This is just journo stuff. Claridge rates Eardley:

Scouting report: Neal Eardley, Oldham Athletic | Football | The Guardian

This might be a kiss of death. Full backs are hard to judge. I always thought that Ross Johnson would make it as a pro, but, alas, no.

PS: I think Blackpool play 4-3-3. That's how West Ham beat them. They played 4-4-2 and just picked off their mistakes. Like West Ham played at the Amex.

Crainey and Eardley both played a part in Kevin Philip's goals at the Amex.

Crowds about 12,000 in a 16,000 capacity stadium. Albion allocation: 600.

Last edited:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Definitely a tough game and one where a point would be terrific. Blackpool should be up for the game and we will likely need Brez to have one of his good days together with strong officials. I would like CMS to start for this one.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
According to the Press today (alright,it was the Sun),Robbie Fowler is to make his debut alongside Kevin Philips.The oldest duo to play at Blackpool since Little & Large!:lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to the Press today (alright,it was the Sun),Robbie Fowler is to make his debut alongside Kevin Philips.The oldest duo to play at Blackpool since Little & Large!:lolol:

Is that Robbie Fowler who told Blackpool to do one last week after they offered him £90 a week (yes, ninety pounds per week - just the one zero. No more) and a maximum £1K per match (pro rata to the number of minutes played)? And they were being serious (supposedly).

Presumably they had seen him in training before making the offer...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here