Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn priced out of move for Poyet

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
my thoughts exactly.......poyet 's got to be worth 5million surely......he's always said he's here for the long term anyway so the ekky thump wallers can f*** off .

I thought the compensation was £2M per season left on his current contract.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Like I said before Blackburn must RUE the day they binned off Allardyce.

He comes with a GUARANTEE of premiership survival. It wont be pretty but its nailed on you will stay up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£2m compensation for a manager is A LOT. It would basically be paying up his contract, I imagine, or his contract + some extra.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
£2m compensation for a manager is A LOT. It would basically be paying up his contract, I imagine, or his contract + some extra.

It is just sooooooo easy to make up rumours and the papers are full of it at the mo. This rumour originated from Sportsmole - nuff said. I don't believe BHA have even been approached.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like I said before Blackburn must RUE the day they binned off Allardyce.

He comes with a GUARANTEE of premiership survival. It wont be pretty but its nailed on you will stay up.

Allardyce was binned soon after they arrived because the Venky's wanted their own patsy in the hotseat. There's no way Allardyce would have put up with the complete circus they turned that club into, or happily waved his best players away while the owners were making laughable, grandiose statements about pushing for the top 4 (whilst giving the manager a £5m January transfer budget with which to achieve it).

The Venkys wanted a weak man at the helm who'd just be grateful for the job and wouldn't make any waves for them. Exit Big Sam, hello Keane.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes perfectly correct Easy.

I remember when they said £5m. I was hooting with laughter was that fees and wages or just fees. Even so its very Dr Evil £5 MILLION pounds.

Did no one tell them Chris Sutton was £5m in about 1994

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed. It was £5m, and the rest of this top 4 squad would have to be assembled via the loan market.

They said this quite seriously.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£2m? Surely the manager is the most important member of the team, and hardest to replace - why are they so cheap?

I don't know but maybe it was a compensation figure agreed between Poyet and Bloom, which is written into his contract?

Similar to the £7m transfer fee written into Demba Ba's contract?

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I don't know but maybe it was a compensation figure agreed between Poyet and Bloom, which is written into his contract?

Similar to the £7m transfer fee written into Demba Ba's contract?

When Gus signed his current long term contract, I remember him saying it was important to him that if the club decided to sack him, they'd have to compensate him substantially for it, and conversely, if he decided to walk out, he (or by extension, the club he went to) would have to do the same for the Albion.

The important thing, as far as he saw it, was that it represented a serious commitment on both sides, and therefore helped to encourage stability in the management of the club.

It's possible that there's a fixed compensation figure written into the contract, but I'm guessing that it's a rough estimate based on the time left on his contract and his presumed wages (and not based on any actual information provided by Gus or the club).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Gus signed his current long term contract, I remember him saying it was important to him that if the club decided to sack him, they'd have to compensate him substantially for it, and conversely, if he decided to walk out, he (or by extension, the club he went to) would have to do the same for the Albion.

The important thing, as far as he saw it, was that it represented a serious commitment on both sides, and therefore helped to encourage stability in the management of the club.

It's possible that there's a fixed compensation figure written into the contract, but I'm guessing that it's a rough estimate based on the time left on his contract and his presumed wages (and not based on any actual information provided by Gus or the club).

Yep, that all sounds perfectly feasible to me.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Why deservedly ?

From where I'm sitting, Blackburn fans have been SHAT on from an almighty great height. They didn't ask for the Venkeys to take over the club, they were lumbered with them. Within the space of a couple of years, those chicken farmers have come in and completely RUINED what was previously a stable Premier League club. They've turned a once-proud club into a laughing stock.

I feel very, very sorry for the fans of BRFC.

Never mentioned fans mate.

I don't even blame the clubs... Fundamentally, the blame lies squarely at the door of the FA and Prem bosses. If they continue to allow these buffoons to come in and rip these clubs apart then something is drastically wrong IMHO.

What will it take to stop this from happening to another club?

We are so lucky to have Tony Bloom but things could have been so different for us. The FA should never have let The Goldstone to have been sold before we had a new home and that was over 15 years ago, and yet still they haven't learned any lessons!

A big club will die soon and something needs to be done to try and prevent this from happening, but it won't!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never mentioned fans mate.

I don't even blame the clubs... Fundamentally, the blame lies squarely at the door of the FA and Prem bosses. If they continue to allow these buffoons to come in and rip these clubs apart then something is drastically wrong IMHO.

What will it take to stop this from happening to another club?

We are so lucky to have Tony Bloom but things could have been so different for us. The FA should never have let The Goldstone to have been sold before we had a new home and that was over 15 years ago, and yet still they haven't learned any lessons!

A big club will die soon and something needs to be done to try and prevent this from happening, but it won't!

Sure, and I don't disagree with any of that. But you said you could see them doing a Pompey, and deservedly so. Maybe the Venkys "deserve" it, but its a horrendous price to pay for the fans there.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sure, and I don't disagree with any of that. But you said you could see them doing a Pompey, and deservedly so. Maybe the Venkys "deserve" it, but its a horrendous price to pay for the fans there.

In my book, suffering a defeat is tough on the fans but that fact is, it happens. Clubs go through good and bad cycles of luck. At the moment BRFC are on a slide that is mostly of their own making. The fans get very little opportunity to get a say in how to halt that slide.

Big clubs have slipped down the leagues in dramatic fashion before and others will suffer the same fate again. Do you sympathise with all of those fans or just look at it as an opportunity for another club to have a good spell for a while?

The way the Venkey's have run the club so far speaks volumes for the clubs current league standing and i won't be losing sleep over it on behalf of their fans. Apologies if you think that's harsh mate.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Blackburn have inherited the joke club crown recently possessed by Leeds & Newcastle. Aston Villa however appear to be making a concerted effort to knock Blackburn off of their lowly perch.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Blackburn have inherited the joke club crown recently possessed by Leeds & Newcastle. Aston Villa however appear to be making a concerted effort to knock Blackburn off of their lowly perch.

Would re-appointing Steve Kean beat off Villa's grand efforts?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a complete mess Blackburn are now, Jack Walker would turn in his grave at this

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Would re-appointing Steve Kean beat off Villa's grand efforts?

It would be a potential match winner for Blackburn to help them retain the Clown Club trophy however lets not forget that Villa have a Carling Cup Semi final home leg against 4th division opposition to lose after which Lambert will be sacked and Villa will be in the same market as Blackburn for joke managerial appointments, it's going to go down to the wire this one and whilst those two are battling it out you can't ignore a late challenge from one of the dark horses such as Birmingham or Leeds who seem hellbent on winning back the Clown Club trophy they value so highly in Yorkshire.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
It would be a potential match winner for Blackburn to help them retain the Clown Club trophy however lets not forget that Villa have a Carling Cup Semi final home leg against 4th division opposition to lose after which Lambert will be sacked and Villa will be in the same market as Blackburn for joke managerial appointments, it's going to go down to the wire this one and whilst those two are battling it out you can't ignore a late challenge from one of the dark horses such as Birmingham or Leeds who seem hellbent on winning back the Clown Club trophy they value so highly in Yorkshire.

Not sure Villa are in quite the same league as Blackburn, not just literally but in the way they've been run lately. Until the recent horror run of form, a decent number of the Villa fans were in favour of what Lambert/Lerner were doing: bringing in promising younger players through their academy and from lower league clubs, giving them a chance in the Prem, and trying to balance the books. But they've been found out horribly recently, and I agree that Lambert's on what my Scottish neighbours would call "a shoogly peg", even if they turn it around against Bradford in the second leg.

Blackburn's owners, on the other hand, couldn't have made a bigger chicken's arse of things if they tried, and they (though not the fans) have had it coming to them. That said, they've got some very handy players, and I'd happily take a point at Ewood in a couple of weeks. Even if they've appointed Su Pollard as manager by then, which they probably will have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here