Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn priced out of move for Poyet

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Micky Adams is a good league one manager so perhaps would suit them ?

He was a disaster the last time he was here. If he can avoid walking out yet again, he may get the chance to have another go next year with Port Vale.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its a non story, Gus will only move on for the prem and Blackburn wont be going there for a very very very very very very long time.

Gus wouldn't go there in a million years would he?

Nobody thought Freedman would have gone to Bolton, or Holloway to Palace but they did.

Funny world football and nothing would surprise me if enough £'s were waved under someones nose.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nobody thought Freedman would have gone to Bolton, or Holloway to Palace but they did.

Funny world football and nothing would surprise me if enough £'s were waved under someones nose.

Bolton have at least got a decent infrastructure with the Reebok stadium. It's not quite the same.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Why would Gus even consider going to a club that only got 5000 fans on Saturday. He's not stupid, he knows he's got a good thing going here.

Bolton have at least got a decent infrastructure with the Reebok stadium. It's not quite the same.

£'s dear boy. Money talks.

Freedman went on record 4 days before he moved saying he would not leave Palace as "The job is half done and I don't leave things half done". Freedman was a legend at Palace, much more so than Gus is here (at present) so to winkle him away he must have been offered shit loads of moolah.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It's not just that, the manager has built your entire team based on his style. If you lose that manager, you have to start again, and replace players. Obviously not all players are changed when a manager changes, as that's not practical, but what's the point in letting Gus spend several million on players, and spend a couple of years getting them to gel, to then let him leave for £2? Madness.

Swanseas transition from Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup discredits this theory if you get the right replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Talkspite matey has meeting with Blackburn bloke, slurps up all the shite and alludes to anyone prepared to listen that Gus is off.
Top notch journalism.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You're still an idiot if you would let Gus go and get Rhodes in return.

And now you're just repeating yourself.

At LEAST half of NSC users would have done that swap two weeks ago when many were questioning Poyet.

They'll be another backlash next month if we don't secure decent signings and/or find some consistency.

My opinion hasn't changed for a while: I don't WANT Poyet out, but I wouldn't be THAT bothered if he left.

His tactics are highly questionable, and we haven't improved this season despite the extra players/investment.

So, yes, I would welcome one of the hottest young Championship strikers in return, thanks.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
None story this one for me. I doubt that Blackburn have even approached us and I am pretty certain that Gus would not be interested. He has a good job here with (apparantly) little interference from the board he is seemingly shaping the club as he wants. He would not get that at Blackburn. Stories like these are put out by the owners to say to fans look at what we asre trying to do only money stopped us when in reality this was never likely to happen.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Stories like these are put out by the owners to say to fans look at what we asre trying to do only money stopped us when in reality this was never likely to happen.

If they thought that story would impress (now eyeing up Adams, Taylor and SOD) then they are even bigger fools than I thought

its a non story, Gus will only move on for the prem and Blackburn wont be going there for a very very very very very very long time.

On paper they have as strong a squad as anyone ... I can see them making the play offs unfortunately

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
£2m? Surely the manager is the most important member of the team, and hardest to replace - why are they so cheap?

my thoughts exactly.......poyet 's got to be worth 5million surely......he's always said he's here for the long term anyway so the ekky thump wallers can f*** off .

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
barring the very odd exception, there is no loyalty in football apart from us, the fans. Simple. Get used to it. Gus will leave when it suits him.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's not just that, the manager has built your entire team based on his style. If you lose that manager, you have to start again, and replace players. Obviously not all players are changed when a manager changes, as that's not practical, but what's the point in letting Gus spend several million on players, and spend a couple of years getting them to gel, to then let him leave for £2? Madness.

Swanseas transition from Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup discredits this theory if you get the right replacement.

Exactly. Another example would be Peter Taylor taking over from Micky Adams.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Phil Brown seems to go after every job that comes up. Could see Blackburn being his chance. Both parties seemingly unwanted. End of the night, take what's on offer kind of deal.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Statistically speaking a manager is not actually THAT important to a team's success, as long as they are not complete jokers.

Research over the last 30 years shows 90% of where a team finishes is pretty much in line with where they would sit if divisions were settled on each side's wage budget.

Not to say I want Gus to leave, he has been great, but I would probably rather 'sell' Gus and keep Bridcutt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, and we haven't improved this season despite the extra players/investment

That's not true though is it? The results may not have improved but for the most part the performances have. We were hanging on in games last year, this year we should have put them to bed. I agree re the HOME tactics though, sometimes he has me pulling out what little is left of my hair with the negativity.

If Gus can get a decent target man,at last, we will improve dramatically on last season imo. There has been immense frustration at quite a few results this season, as we should have won, but we are so close to being a really good side that bringing in a new manager would almost certainly set us back a few steps. I certainly wouldn't ship Poyet out to bring Rhodes in, though I think your tongue may have been in your cheek with that remark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here