Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackburn priced out of move for Poyet

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think story first appeared on twitter when a journalist said he'd had lunch with someone in the Blackburn hierarchy and said they were going after a young manager who would surprise fans then hash tagged it #bhafc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's not true though is it? The results may not have improved but for the most part the performances have.

Currently 2 points better off than last season after the same number of games.
4 places better off
3 points better off when comparing fixture to fixture and replacing promoted/relegate teams
1 point better off when ignoring promoted/relegate teams
Taken 5 points more from the three teams we've played twice than we took off them last season.
Scored 9 more goals than same point last season.
Conceded 2 less goals than same point last season.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think story first appeared on twitter when a journalist said he'd had lunch with someone in the Blackburn hierarchy and said they were going after a young manager who would surprise fans then hash tagged it #bhafc.

Wasn't that found out to be some 10 year old kid making the whole thng up?

Smithy24

Sep 1, 2009
I can't see Gus choosing to go anywhere other than a top half Premier League side, and even then, only once he is certain he can't take us any further. Even the idea of him going to Blackburn is ridiculous, why would he?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
What annoys me is the independent think the only reason gus will not go is the 2m.
They think Blackburn are a prize catch and he would be there if it were not down to cash.

Quite frankly I think Freddie star has as much chance of boning Kate Middleton thank gus being the venkys next spank monkey !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can only see them doing a Pompey the way they are going about things and deservedly so!

Why deservedly ?

From where I'm sitting, Blackburn fans have been SHAT on from an almighty great height. They didn't ask for the Venkeys to take over the club, they were lumbered with them. Within the space of a couple of years, those chicken farmers have come in and completely RUINED what was previously a stable Premier League club. They've turned a once-proud club into a laughing stock.

I feel very, very sorry for the fans of BRFC.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Why deservedly ?

From where I'm sitting, Blackburn fans have been SHAT on from an almighty great height. They didn't ask for the Venkeys to take over the club, they were lumbered with them. Within the space of a couple of years, those chicken farmers have come in and completely RUINED what was previously a stable Premier League club. They've turned a once-proud club into a laughing stock.

They have spent over 11 million on new players in this division.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They have spent over 11 million on new players in this division.

Good for them.

They sold Samba (12m), Kalinic (£6m), Jones (£17m), Nzonzi (£3m), Bunn (£1m) and Yakubu (£1m).

Would you want them owning the Albion ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let him go! Bag the 2 million and re appoint him next week when they have sacked him/changed their minds/ totally forgotten they appointed him in the first place.
:lolol:

Don't understand why Rovers fans haven't run these idiots out of town. Could be doing another Pompey.
It's just not possible. You have no legal rights against them, and since they're from India, you have no way of emotionally forcing them out either.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I certainly wouldn't ship Poyet out to bring Rhodes in, though I think your tongue may have been in your cheek with that remark.

I'd rate Rhodes at £5m+ - and a very useful addition to the current squad. And I'd be happy with £5m compensation if Poyet left.

Would be one of football's unlikeliest deals, mind...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Swanseas transition from Martinez to Rodgers to Laudrup discredits this theory if you get the right replacement.
That's just one success story, it doesn't always work out. We'd need to get someone in for less than £2m, and it'd still be a huge risk.

Exactly. Another example would be Peter Taylor taking over from Micky Adams.
But he only stayed until the end of the season (I don't blame him), so that was hardly the kind of long term success we're after.

Last edited:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Why deservedly ?

Agreed. Not only that but "football" has deserted them, with most fans of other clubs and pundits alike, condemning Rovers fans protests against Kean. Very few people seem to have taken the time to look into the whole story, regarding Kean's role with Venky's.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
This is such a non-story it isn't even really generating much activity on NSC. If it was a genuine possibility this board would be in meltdown mode. As others have commented, this is just a rumour most probably propagated by Blackburn to try and convince their fans that the club is looking at top candidates for the managerial position. I doubt if the Albion have even been contacted by Blackburn and the £2million figure quoted was just randomly made up by whoever started the rumour, cough.. Shebby Singh.. cough. Even if there was a shred of truth in this nonsense I cannot think of many more less appealing places or clubs than Blackburn at this current time and in particular compared to the Albion at the moment and doubt Gus would even give it a second thought.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are various issues here:

1. The Blackburn budget. They've already sold £40million of what talent they had and the only hope that lingers is entirely down to Jordan Rhodes - a player they couldn't afford to buy in the first place. Anyone coming in would want to bring in players to improve the squad; Gus would probably want to take Bridcutt and Buckley but that would cost the thick end of £10 million, so never going to happen.

2. Venkys. Clueless, e.g. foisting whoever they fancy as a coach onto the hapless manager.

3. Gus himself. Probably done enough already to attract a genuine Championship promotion contender, or bottom third Prem club capable of bouncing back at the first attempt. There was a time when job like Leeds, Forest, Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn would have been seen as career progression. Nowadays they're a step backwards.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Small club ,small town that got lucky with a rich backer,don't matter a toss what they did 100 odd years ago,i would imagine Gus can see the bigger picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here