Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apart from dancing away on his own with his children and away from the rest of the squad in his final home match for us, I thought he was lethargic and disinterested for his final months with us too. I put it down to the court case and a possible big money move, but maybe his motivation has gone now he has 'arrived' and has a full bank account. He was superb for us for much of the time, but as I dislike Spurs, I'm not that bothered he has lost his mojo. Always sorry to see a player injured though (unless it's Wilf tomorrow).
There was no court case. He was under investigation along with someone else, and then released without any charge.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Definitely have him back, but not going to happen.

In Arsenal or Liverpool team he'd flourish.

Or Spuds under a different manager/ system

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Has looked lethargic and over weight the few times I've seen him play for Spurs this season.
Wish him well though and hope he can find his football again after the op.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has looked lethargic and over weight the few times I've seen him play for Spurs this season.
Wish him well though and hope he can find his football again after the op.
I'm not sure you can pin 'looked lethargic' on any individual Spurs player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't care about Spurs but Yves certainly a shadow of his former self, wouldn't be surprised if we've seen the best of him at ours with the news of his OP.
Is he though?

I'm not calling that until such time as he's out of the clutches of Conte.
The manager isn't exactly Mr Football and I'd wager, up to 6p, Biss isn't out of shape, lethargic, going down hill, he's just been Conted, much like 9 other players who kick off each Spurs game.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Is he though?

I'm not calling that until such time as he's out of the clutches of Conte.
The manager isn't exactly Mr Football and I'd wager, up to 6p, Biss isn't out of shape, lethargic, going down hill, he's just been Conted, much like 9 other players who kick off each Spurs game.
We'll see, but he's got rehab to deal with now in addition to restrictive coaching.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There was no court case. He was under investigation along with someone else, and then released without any charge.

Not entirely true. He was taken off bail but it was pending further investigations (sorry can't recall the specific legal term). So the case hasn't been closed but didn't get anywhere either.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, going back rarely works out well.

That said, Zamora and Murray returning to their spiritual home didn't work out too badly. I think Murray had even learned how to clap our needy fans.
We do seem to be a club that buck the trend on the never go back theory, at least at player level.

Andrew Crofts, Steve Sidwell, Elliott Bennett, Peter Ward, Dean Wilkins and even Dean Hammond all had decent enough second spells at the club too.

Managers its not quite so good in the case of Mullery and Adams, the least said about their second spells the better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, going back rarely works out well.

That said, Zamora and Murray returning to their spiritual home didn't work out too badly. I think Murray had even learned how to clap our needy fans.
Nothing wrong with a return although both of the above had quite a gap between their departure and return.

Bissouma was loved at the Albion, and was a key part of the Albion upgrade masterminded by Potter.

Conte has not been starting Bissouma, and given Kane - Son-Kulusevski are a nailed-on front 3 and he loves the Hojbjerg / Bentacur axis then Biss is destined to be the 20 min sub enforcer.

He is better than that, a superior player than the likes of Longstaff at Newcastle. He would be a good acquistion for the Toon.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Not entirely true. He was taken off bail but it was pending further investigations (sorry can't recall the specific legal term). So the case hasn't been closed but didn't get anywhere either.
In April he was released under investigation, which means he would have been free from any bail conditions that were set but the police were still looking into the matter. Then as per @Bodian post above he was told he would face no further action towards the end of June 2022.

The other person arrested with him had their bail extended when Bissouma was told he'd face no further action but not much else has been reported since as the story no longer makes the headlines no it doesn't involve a PL footballer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here