Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Welbeck and Lallana come under homegrown talent which is handy but more importantly they have an extensive winning mentality and tons of trophies in their cabinet and played with a whos, whos in football...... which must have given our relegation fighting players a massive boost. They have been worth every penny for that alone.

Bissouma has done less than our players since he left! I would love him to come back to us with a trophy one day but can't see Spurs winning anything anytime soon.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The timing of Biss's injury is even more unfortunate for him, Bentancur has done his ACL so Biss would have been first choice for the rest of the season. Not having a lot of luck this season.

Bad news for Spurs all round.
And, as a consequence, good news for those seeking to get above them in the PL. Worth adding that Lloris is also out for a while (6 weeks?), and Forster is a great big lump that can't get down to make saves, as he very ably demonstrated against Leicester.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder what he thinks of his decision to leave now?
As he dives like Scrooge McDuck into his massive pile of money, I’m sure he can live with it

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd definitely have him back if he was available for what we paid for him, but not as a direct replacement for Caicedo as he just isn't as good as him. Biss is a very good PL level player, whereas Caicedo is extraordinary. Would be shocked if he doesn't end his career with numerous top flight titles and Champions League titles.

I say this as a Biss fanboy who had his name on last season's shirt (yeah I know, present from my wife because I was going on about how great Bissouma is constantly for a while).

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'd love Biss back. Zaha did alright for that lot up the road after a brief dalliance with a Big 6 team.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Its pretty clear that Bissouma's confidence was totallly eroded under Conte, and when used he was being asked to play a really limited role in their midfield. Dont move out of the defensive third, dont be over elaborate with the ball, just tackle and pass the guy next to you. You saw him have a more free role in their Brentford game, and was very decent. Im sure you'll see more of the old Biss now Conte is gone and he's recovered from injury.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If we got £80m for Moises would you have Biss back for £40m?
Wages, as ever, would be the issue. We'd have to match or beat what Spurs were paying, which I guess would make him our highest earner.

While he isn't the player Caicedo is, he does have the same ability to cover the ground and get out a telescopic leg to retrieve a ball it seemed impossible to get. He is as close to a direct replacement that we could find.

It seems wildly unlikely though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here