Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some over reacting here,

- five year deal so plenty time to go
- manager didn’t give him vote of confidence won’t help
- think we can see there’s better players out there such as caicedo
- he’s joined a team who didn’t need someone there, should have gone to Liverpool
- we need him to do well otherwise we lose £10m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to recall an ITK poster saying that Biss was known to be frequently late to training with us.

No idea if this is true or not, but it may be that he is having to adjust to a different coaching regime.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I seem to recall an ITK poster saying that Biss was known to be frequently late to training with us.

No idea if this is true or not, but it may be that he is having to adjust to a different coaching regime.

I heard he was always in a rush to get there on time, seem to recall the police were aware too?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Bizarre comments from Conte today. Has he signed a clone or something?

[TWEET]1570420362373992449[/TWEET]

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I've got a feeling Conte is going to absolutely ruin Bissouma. The useful think in all this is its shows others in our squad that jumping ship might not always be the best idea.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I've got a feeling Conte is going to absolutely ruin Bissouma. The useful think in all this is its shows others in our squad that jumping ship might not always be the best idea.

Yep. Bissouma can't defend anymore and Cucurella is just a poor man's Ben Chilwell apparently. Can someone sent the link to this thread and the Shed End to Caicedo, Mac Allister, Sanchez and Trossard please!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I haven’t seen him on the telly for Spurs, but it appears something is troubling him.
Perhaps he is just one of those people who take time to adapt to a change of circumstances or change of regime, or possibly there is something in his personal life that ain’t right.One could get the impression he may be a ‘ moody’ sort.
I don’t know, but I hope he gets himself together and makes the most of his talents.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I haven’t seen him on the box for Spurs, but it appears something is troubling him.
Perhaps he is just one of those people who take time to adapt to a change of circumstances or change of regime, or possibly there is something in his personal life that ain’t right.One could get the impression he may be a ‘ moody’ sort.
I don’t know, but I hope he gets himself together and makes the most of his talents.
I just think Brighton is an incredibly nice place to play. I think it's really hard for players when they leave.

Brighton is a proper family.

That's why you see players like lallana and wellbz absolutely loving it down here post big clubs.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. Maybe in a midfield 2 compared to our 3 or 4 he doesn't think his positioning is quite up to speed. There's no doubting Bissouma's strength, anticipation and tackling. It's no surprise a different manager, different teammates and tactics might ask something more/different to what he gave us.

I thought his positioning was great for us by the way. Just pointing out would could be different at Spurs. It'll happen for him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wonder if it is to do with the specifics of how Conte wants the midfield to play. Bissouma never looked comfortable in Hughton's midfield, he was often positionally poor. It was under Potter that his potential was unleashed where he was given a bit more freedom and room to roam/play. Maybe Conte wants him to do something similar to what Hughton did and it just doesn't suit him? Or maybe it's just very specific and takes time, much like it does for a lot of Guardiola's signings.

Peak Bissouma can and will run the show against midfields of greater numbers so it's not an ability issue.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bizarre comments from Conte today. Has he signed a clone or something?

[TWEET]1570420362373992449[/TWEET]

You can see how hard it must be to learn the way Conte wants his midfielders to play. Presumably Hojbjerg and Bentancur hadn't quite learned it last year when Bissouma played in a midfield that not only beat Spurs, but stopped them from having a single shot on target. Conte has given Bissouma just one start since he got there and other than that game against West Ham, he gets six minutes at the end if he's lucky. He's generally subbed on when they are defending a lead. Presumably because of his inability to concentrate on defending!?.

Spurs have conceded only once this season when Bissouma has been on the pitch. Soucek's goal for West Ham. Presumably, Conte's blaming Bissouma for not saving Dier after he was completely mugged by a lovely Antonio flick. After saying that Dier could be one of the best centre backs in the world, Conte probably doesn't want to admit that he is ocasionally a lumbering, flat-footed, ball watcher. Bissouma's fault then. Conte wants to be careful. Tactical genius Marcelo Bielsa didn't give Bis the love he seems to need and got nothing in return. He shined under both Hughton and Potter, both of whom he felt so loved by that he mentioned as being father figures.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bizarre comments given how he absolutely embarrassed their midfield just a few months ago.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Biss is someone who needs to be loved as he was by us right from the start. So called big teams don't do that. Zamora was the same when he went to Spurs and he struggled and soon moved on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here