Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
World class midfielder with 100+ PL games for Brighton, helping the club staying up in the league and reaching new the best league position in the history of the club.

Wind your neck in, you humourless weirdo.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Biss is a great player, but we look to have planned for his exit so well. & there's money in the bank if we do need someone else.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our position with Bissouma makes for an interesting comparison with Villa and David Luiz.

He's in the last year of his contract and Villa had c£20m on offer from Arsenal but turned it down. You'd imagine he'll either move in January for peanuts or walk away for nothing next summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our position with Bissouma makes for an interesting comparison with Villa and David Luiz.

He's in the last year of his contract and Villa had c£20m on offer from Arsenal but turned it down. You'd imagine he'll either move in January for peanuts or walk away for nothing next summer.

Probably don't have an equivalent replacement and if their current form continues they'll almost certainly need (no demand) a new manager soon too. If he helps them stay up the hit they'll take on his price will probably be worth it.

Oh no, hang on they are going for Europe this season, ignore my comment above :lolol:

Shins

Aug 13, 2015

Maybe they would have more open to the sale had they had a solid start to the season. With little time to replace like for like, I expect they thought holding on to him and helping against a a potential relegation fight to be better value than selling?

We did our business early in the summer with confidence that we would do well without Biss. By doing it early also takes out the potentially difficult stick or twist financial decision Villa have had.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Probably don't have an equivalent replacement and if their current form continues they'll almost certainly need (no demand) a new manager soon too. If he helps them stay up the hit they'll take on his price will probably be worth it.

Yeah I think Villa's current predicament has made that decision for them. If we were struggling and looking like we were facing a relegation battle, I think we might have kept hold of Biss too.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not looked at it too much, but Biss hasn't set the world on the fire since his Spurs move. Not sure if he's had much game time yet?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Our position with Bissouma makes for an interesting comparison with Villa and David Luiz

:lol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not looked at it too much, but Biss hasn't set the world on the fire since his Spurs move. Not sure if he's had much game time yet?

at the moment I think he has gone from big fish /small pond to small fish/ocean

That may change but, however well we are doing, we simply do not have the depth of talent Spurs have, here he was a given to play unless injured, and then would be straight back in the side. He is now very much an off the bench player who will find it hard to make a starting place his own. Even with injuries to the starting 11, Spurs have other players at similar levels to Biss

He must have known that before signing, so presumably he is happy to try and force his way into the team. If he thought he would be an automatic starter then IMO he was badly advised. Its entirely possible this move wasn't in strictly football career terms, the best for him

I wish him well, but I think there is a reasonable chance that he will to some extent stagnate on the Spurs bench

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
at the moment I think he has gone from big fish /small pond to small fish/ocean

That may change but, however well we are doing, we simply do not have the depth of talent Spurs have, here he was a given to play unless injured, and then would be straight back in the side. He is now very much an off the bench player who will find it hard to make a starting place his own. Even with injuries to the starting 11, Spurs have other players at similar levels to Biss

He must have known that before signing, so presumably he is happy to try and force his way into the team. If he thought he would be an automatic starter then IMO he was badly advised. Its entirely possible this move wasn't in strictly football career terms, the best for him

I wish him well, but I think there is a reasonable chance that he will to some extent stagnate on the Spurs bench

He started his first game on Wednesday against West Ham. He picked up an early yellow which seemed to inhibit him but he looked a shadow of the player he was for us.

Early days of course but if it doesn't work out for him perhaps we can get him back on a reduced fee as the Caicedo replacement.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Don't worry he will come good, it is early days for the lad, and we will all know when he does because we will hear the MOTD commentators comment on the Spuds fans and their new song for him "Bissouma"

Sigh

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Not surprising. There is no way Villa would be able to accept £20m for him.

#FreeSideshowBob :jester:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I watched the Spurs v West Ham game and I have to say that he looked a shadow of himself. More misplaced passes than in half a season with us. What I think may be the issue is that Spurs are so compact that he has little room to operate in. We play a far more expansive style and therefore we were more reliant on his athleticism and defensive attributes when we lost the ball. His body language wasn’t as confident.
We sometimes forget the impact of Graham Potter on our player’s confidence and outlook. His attitude to mistakes and being part of life. That’s why players love him.
Can you imagine making a mistake in a Conte team. He’ll send you to the reserves for a couple of months!
I hope he sees his way through it, but I’m not sure that Biss’s strengths will be seen fully in a Conte compact team formation.
Let’s get him back next season for a knock down price.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I saw a bit of the Spuds game the other night and it looked like Biss was partly responsible for West Ham's equaliser. Joe Cole was laying into him a bit in the post-match analysis, effectively saying "He has to realise he's at a big club now [no disrespect to #TeamsLikeBrighton] and can't be making mistakes like that."

Peak Bissouma will improve Spurs though – just needs a bit of time, I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here