Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Biss seems to like lifestyle , he’s not going to want to be in Birmingham..

Monaco is an outside possibility, they have apparently shown interest and £80k pw there with no tax would triple his pay and he would live in the type of environment he likes . By the sea with designer shops and beach clubs . What’s not to like .

scooter1

How soon is now?

Monaco is an outside possibility, they have apparently shown interest and £80k pw there with no tax would triple his pay and he would live in the type of environment he likes . By the sea with designer shops and beach clubs . What’s not to like .
And he wouldn’t need a car

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I wondered with all the night club stuff if his thoughts would have him wanting away from the UK and as far away from that as possible,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
At a push Villa? I'd be gutted if he went to Villa. I have no problem if he wants to move on to a European team, be it CL or EL as long as he conducts himself in a professional manner and allows us to recoup the investment and gamble we made by bringing him to the English game. We paid ~£15m(?) and I'd expect to sell for at least £30m even with 12 months left on his contract.

nah mate villa and the geordies can get fooked .....poor punctuation on my part ...soz.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I suspect Bissouma's lifestyle choices are such that the West Midlands will not appeal and even if we tried to sell him to Villa he wouldn't be all that interested. He needs to go somewhere he can play in European football, and in a location that offers enough, er, entertainment to keep him and his entourage interested. So while West Ham isn't an entirely fanciful prospect, Arsenal would no doubt appeal much more, and Monaco would appear to be a perfect fit.

As for getting a decent return on our investment, I believe we have a bloke called Tony Bloom in charge of the club, who knows what's what when it comes to making a few bob.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

...and mostly French-speaking

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I suspect Bissouma's lifestyle choices are such that the West Midlands will not appeal and even if we tried to sell him to Villa he wouldn't be all that interested. He needs to go somewhere he can play in European football, and in a location that offers enough, er, entertainment to keep him and his entourage interested. So while West Ham isn't an entirely fanciful prospect, Arsenal would no doubt appeal much more, and Monaco would appear to be a perfect fit.

As for getting a decent return on our investment, I believe we have a bloke called Tony Bloom in charge of the club, who knows what's what when it comes to making a few bob.

Spot on. It’s the “entourage” that’s the problem.

Does he have any/many kids?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Spot on. It’s the “entourage” that’s the problem.

Does he have any/many kids?

There was a little boy with him during the end of season stuff.
Not sure whether it was his kid or one of his entourage.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I mostly meant that if Villa or Newcastle want him for 25-30M given circumstances, he’ll probably have already heard Arsenal, and various other clubs bigger than them would like him on a free and will hold out. Nobody ‘sideways’ is going to offer both 40M plus AND enough money to tempt him into jumping a year early to a less appealing destination. Also suspect biggest clubs will think they can offer him enough difference next year to make it a better deal for both sides than doing the business now including a huge fee. Cut out the Brighton middle man. Only the sideways clubs will feel they need to snap up a player from little ol’Brighton a year early so we loose out. His agent would love a bidding war next summer. Court case and other things just a sense I get this might be beyond even the glorious Tony B. to win at this hand. Other current difficult contract situations sure have the faith but Bissouma feels somehow different.

Love it if I’m proved wrong and he either re-signs or we get a big fee this summer!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I mostly meant that if Villa or Newcastle want him for 25-30M given circumstances, he’ll probably have already heard Arsenal, and various other clubs bigger than them would like him on a free and will hold out. Nobody ‘sideways’ is going to offer both 40M plus AND enough money to tempt him into jumping a year early to a less appealing destination. Also suspect biggest clubs will think they can offer him enough difference next year to make it a better deal for both sides than doing the business now including a huge fee. Cut out the Brighton middle man. Only the sideways clubs will feel they need to snap up a player from little ol’Brighton a year early so we loose out. His agent would love a bidding war next summer. Court case and other things just a sense I get this might be beyond even the glorious Tony B. to win at this hand. Other current difficult contract situations sure have the faith but Bissouma feels somehow different.

Love it if I’m proved wrong and he either re-signs or we get a big fee this summer!

The danger for Biss in staying with us for another year, is that he might not get the game time he wants. We already have replacements for him that need game time themselves. Therefore the big clubs might not be as interested in him next year. A way around this would be to offer another year on his contract and a commitment from him to see the year out and a guarantee from BHA that we will let him go.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The danger for Biss in staying with us for another year, is that he might not get the game time he wants. We already have replacements for him that need game time themselves. Therefore the big clubs might not be as interested in him next year. A way around this would be to offer another year on his contract and a commitment from him to see the year out and a guarantee from BHA that we will let him go.

if Biss stays he will get plenty of game time, he is our Best Central Midfielder by some way, as long as his performances remain good he will get picked plenty.

Jimmy Grimble

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I know it's a bit pedantic, but let's get facts straight: There was no court case. A court case would require the police to have evidence of a crime, which they haven't found in 6 months since the allegation was made.

On the potential for letting his contract run down, I often wonder how much the potential for a career-ending injury plays on a player's mind when entering their final months. Since he's been at BHA, he'll have seen Izquierdo's career more or less finished due to injury and also Moder get an injury that'll keep him out for the best part of a year. He could continue on his current circa 1.5m for another year and take the risk in return for the financial rewards available to free agents, or take a guaranteed 15-20m more career earnings, possibly with a transfer-fee release clause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here