Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I mostly meant that if Villa or Newcastle want him for 25-30M given circumstances, he’ll probably have already heard Arsenal, and various other clubs bigger than them would like him on a free and will hold out. Nobody ‘sideways’ is going to offer both 40M plus AND enough money to tempt him into jumping a year early to a less appealing destination. Also suspect biggest clubs will think they can offer him enough difference next year to make it a better deal for both sides than doing the business now including a huge fee. Cut out the Brighton middle man. Only the sideways clubs will feel they need to snap up a player from little ol’Brighton a year early so we loose out. His agent would love a bidding war next summer. Court case and other things just a sense I get this might be beyond even the glorious Tony B. to win at this hand. Other current difficult contract situations sure have the faith but Bissouma feels somehow different.

Love it if I’m proved wrong and he either re-signs or we get a big fee this summer!
Tony has already won - even if Bissouma leaves on a free next summer.

A top player for a relatively cheap fee and relatively low wages for 2-3 of his better seasons.

And just from here we either get Bissouma for 1 more season on low wages for his ability or we get a fat fee.

And even better, 80%? of our transfer fee outlay for him has already been amortised away in the accounts.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That was Lamptey.

Which one :moo:

F0B05B6C-C22B-4A3A-AF48-3AB1ECFB0C0B.jpeg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looks like he’s deleted all of his Brighton pics from Instagram. I think he did the same in Jan when we rejected bids for him.

He waved goodbye to the fans on Sunday. He thinks he’s one of the best midfielders in the EPL. He was about to join one of top EPL teams (apparently). He is off…just a question of where.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He waved goodbye to the fans on Sunday. He thinks he’s one of the best midfielders in the EPL. He was about to join one of top EPL teams (apparently). He is off…just a question of where.

Villa, a top EPL team? Blimey. When were they last a top team? When Ron Saunders was manager?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Looks like he’s deleted all of his Brighton pics from Instagram. I think he did the same in Jan when we rejected bids for him.

He deleted everything from his instagram in the wake of the nightclub incident, I assume so people would not have the opportunity to make abusive comments on the pictures. I doubt it was anything to do with rejected bids. As of now he still has a pic of him at the end of season awards.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He deleted everything from his instagram in the wake of the nightclub incident, I assume so people would not have the opportunity to make abusive comments on the pictures. I doubt it was anything to do with rejected bids. As of now he still has a pic of him at the end of season awards.

He’s all over insta anyway as he’s being tagged by Spurs, Arsenal, Monaco and Villa fans :D

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I really hope he goes to Monaco. It would suit his style , and they’ve just sold a midfielder for big money so would make sense.
If it’s in the UK I stick with Spurs. They’ll have the money after CL qualification. Arsenal will spend big on a striker I would think.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Sorry? In which games did he "almost down tools"? How do you do that anyway? Did he almost not make a tackle, or almost not pass to another player, or almost not shoot wildly over the bar?
I hate the narrative that he did not try for us this season from one or two posters, because they are wrong.

I agree, he was immense up at Leeds

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I’m not convinced it’s all about the money with Biss , he’s no doubt had opportunities to negotiate an increased contract to push him up to £50k ish per week but he hasn’t . He’s currently one of the lowest paid first team starters I’m estimating on around £30k per wk which was the salary I suspect he joined on .

why do you pretend to know what the players earn?

a money obsessed, classless nerk,..........................

and you're american, you say?

Last edited:

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
He’s our Best Defensive Central Midfielder. I like it when we play less defensively.

Even attacking teams need defensive players, especially a defensive midfielder who can win the ball and drive forward with passes or dribbling.

For examples, see literally every good attacking team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If Spurs were to sign one player I would hope it’s him.

He’s worth at least 40 million, teams need to stump that up to even start talking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here