Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If I had to bet on it, Biss is off to Man Utd. Straight swap for Matic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if he doesn’t want to go. If the move doesn’t suit him, he can choose to run his contract down and walk away, Then he can negotiate higher wages since there’s no transfer fee.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Not if he doesn’t want to go. If the move doesn’t suit him, he can choose to run his contract down and walk away, Then he can negotiate higher wages since there’s no transfer fee.

Fair point. But Brighton might want to get some value for him while they can to assist in a couple of acquisitions. I’d wish him well. He’s destined for great things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting to know how far player power (or agent's influence) extends. Say Saudi FC offer £40M, and Chelsea offer £30M, but Biss wants to stay in London and not move up to Geordieland - where does he go?
Or if Chelsea offer £40M and say, The Arse offer £30M but 50% more wages - which offer do we (or Bissouma and his agent) go for?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The situation with Trossard, Bissouma and Maupay is pretty bad and I wonder how it will be resolved. Most likely all three will leave but its not impossible that one or multiple of these players decide to leave for free next year instead. Not great from the club perspective in the financial sense.

I don't think that any of those players will leave on a free. Not one.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bissouma's future is an interesting one. As far as I'm aware(which to be honest isn't very far) the only club to show any real interest is Villa. I have Newcastle in my head too but I'm not sure if that's something concrete or something that's been suggested that I've taken as gospel.

I know there have been rumours of other, bigger clubs being interested but there hasn't been much actual movement. Are they unsure of him? Is he one of a number of midfield options for them and not their number one?

Like pretty much everyone else I would love, love, LOVE him to be with us next year and like everyone else I don't think he will be. But why no concrete interest? Will it pick up once the season is over?

As for Trossard, I think there's a better chance he'll be with us based on the same reasons [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] gives. The world cup is 6 months away. He's got himself as a regular in the Belgium squad while playing with us. He knows he's one of our key players now and will be next year with us so barring a major loss of form he's got a fantastic shot at going to the world cup. He'll put that at risk if he goes to another club. I wouldn't be surprised if he was still with us next season. Whether that's in the final year of his contract or with a nice new shiny one I couldn't say. Then again he could move. More money, or more trophies or a new league. He's a 50-50 in my book. Like Bissouma I really hope he stays.

Ally Mac I expect(hope) will be with us with a new contract.

Maupay I would have said he'll be with us with a new contract but with his recent regular demotion to the bench I'm not sure. He doesn't currently appear to be in favour with Potter. If this is Potter deciding to move on from him as a starter then we could see him being moved on.

Gross. No idea. Potter uses him fairly regularly so he could be offered a new contract. It might depend on how much Gross wants to play. He's in his 30's now, maybe he wants more game time.

Veltman. I think he'll play out his final year with us and then he and the club will decide what to do.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If we are to lose Bissouma then there is a ready made replacement who is almost identical, if a little raw.

Mohamed Camara, another DM from Mali. He's only 22 and reminds me alot of the Bissouma we first signed. He currently plays for FC Red bull in Austria, but also plays alongside Biss in the Malian national team.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
Aren’t some of us forgetting that there’s a good reason why clubs may not currently be showing an interest in Bissouma.

When that issue is resolved there is a possibility no club will touch him…

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And Groß, Veltman and Mac Allister. Pascal has a month or two left on his contract and the other two can leave next year. What to do oh wise Swede?
We have a further year option on Veltman.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting to know how far player power (or agent's influence) extends. Say Saudi FC offer £40M, and Chelsea offer £30M, but Biss wants to stay in London and not move up to Geordieland - where does he go?
Or if Chelsea offer £40M and say, The Arse offer £30M but 50% more wages - which offer do we (or Bissouma and his agent) go for?

The wages being offered are of no concern to us. Well go for the best deal for us a a club. If Arsenal are offering more in wages but less in a transfer fee it’s unlikely we’ll be accepting their offer so the wages will never really be on the table for Biss and his agent, unless they want to run down the final year of the contact and go for that offer the following summer when he becomes a free agent.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bissouma won't run down his contract. Too risky. If a decent offer comes in he will be off and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to villa and doubles his wages.

As for other players. I've had a weird feeling man city might come in for tross since he suspiciously missed the game against them. He may replace Mahrez who is off in the summer.

I think the club want rid of maupay but no one will pay the money for him.

Ali Mac will definitely stay. He's more a bottom 6 player than top 6 at the moment. But still very young.

Gross and veltman 50/50 whether they will stay.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Aren’t some of us forgetting that there’s a good reason why clubs may not currently be showing an interest in Bissouma.

When that issue is resolved there is a possibility no club will touch him…

I thought that issue is as resolved as it's ever going to be unless something new comes to light - and nobody can predict that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bissouma

Bissouma won't run down his contract. Too risky. If a decent offer comes in he will be off and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to villa and doubles his wages.

A good friend of mine is a Newcastle fan. There is lots of chat around the room about them taking Biss and Tross off us.

If Villa could double Biss’ wages, Newcastle would triple them. He ain’t going to Villa. More chance of us singing Messi this summer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A good friend of mine is a Newcastle fan. There is lots of chat around the room about them taking Biss and Tross off us.

If Villa could double Biss’ wages, Newcastle would triple them. He ain’t going to Villa. More chance of us singing Messi this summer.
Why wouldn't he go to villa? If they offer the right money then why not? Rich chairman there with ambition.

On the other hand I cannot see bloom selling to castle out of principle unless they came in with something stupid like 90m for the pair.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I thought that issue is as resolved as it's ever going to be unless something new comes to light - and nobody can predict that.

As far as I understand his current status is still released under investigation. I’m sure there’s someone on here that will be in a better position to explain but the bail act changed a couple of years ago. My understanding of this is that if the Police are not in a position to charge after a certain period of time they cannot indefinitely extend bail. The suspect will therefore be released under investigation.

None of us know what stage these investigations are at, I.e. he could still be charged without anything new coming to light.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

As for other players. I've had a weird feeling man city might come in for tross since he suspiciously missed the game against them. He may replace Mahrez who is off in the summer.

I think the club want rid of maupay but no one will pay the money for him.

Ali Mac will definitely stay. He's more a bottom 6 player than top 6 at the moment. But still very young.

Gross and veltman 50/50 whether they will stay.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

You have just stuck your finger in the air to come up with some of those predictions, especially the Tross conspiracy theory :rolleyes:

I am more worried that we may struggle to keep Caicedo who looks the real deal and is likely to end up as a World Superstar. I wouldn’t be shocked if a Top Club here or abroad made an offer we can’t refuse. Didn’t we beat United to his signature? Whomever is advising seems to have made exactly the right choice for him at this stage of his career. He could have had to wait a couple of years at United to get his chance.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
As far as I understand his current status is still released under investigation. I’m sure there’s someone on here that will be in a better position to explain but the bail act changed a couple of years ago. My understanding of this is that if the Police are not in a position to charge after a certain period of time they cannot indefinitely extend bail. The suspect will therefore be released under investigation.

None of us know what stage these investigations are at, I.e. he could still be charged without anything new coming to light.

Yeah you are right. Last update was released under investigation which means the case is still open and actively being looked at. I expect there will be another update when the investigation is finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here