Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If Villa (or for that matter Newcastle, or even Everton if they stay up) offer us a fee that is acceptable, and double or treble his wages, he'll go, with or without your blessing!
And whether we like it or not, all three of those clubs have a much higher profile than us; a seson or two with them would enhance his reputation, and increase his value - for him just a stepping stone to an even bigger club (if that move doesn't happen straightaway).

His rep is already enhanced to big 6 level. He doesn’t need an unnecessary move to get big 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
"Other than a huge bank balance and house" - end of argument!

No you are wrong. He will get at least as much money at, say, Arsenal. End of argument

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He's probably already set up for life financially. I think he will only go for Top six or Top European (or an outside chance of Newcastle, if they commit to throwing mega bucks at getting top six over the next couple of years). Of course his salary will double, triple or whatever but I really don't think that he will make any sort of interim move simply for Money :shrug:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
His rep is already enhanced to big 6 level. He doesn’t need an unnecessary move to get big 6

Like most people on here, I doubt he'll be playing for us next season, but would be disappointed if he ended up at Villa or Newcastle.
I can see Man U or Arsenal as a possibility, but wouldn't actually discount Man City as a possible destination.

But if he were to stay next season, with Caicedo, Mwepu and Mac (and new signing Moder at Christmas) we will have one of the strongest midfields in the premier league

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Like most people on here, I doubt he'll be playing for us next season, but would be disappointed if he ended up at Villa or Newcastle.
I can see Man U or Arsenal as a possibility, but wouldn't actually discount Man City as a possible destination.

But if he were to stay next season, with Caicedo, Mwepu and Mac (and new signing Moder at Christmas) we will have one of the strongest midfields in the premier league

This is exactly how I see it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Players have all the power now - certainly with only a year left. I like Biss but he very much seems the sort who might do a Ryan Fraser and go on strike which very much forces our hand around an offer we may or may not have wanted to accept. There is no way he signs a new contract as described.

The great thing is this isn’t as big an issue as I thought it might be prior to the emergence of Caicedo.

Based on what ?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
He's probably already set up for life financially. I think he will only go for Top six or Top European (or an outside chance of Newcastle, if they commit to throwing mega bucks at getting top six over the next couple of years). Of course his salary will double, triple or whatever but I really don't think that he will make any sort of interim move simply for Money :shrug:

Newcastle are already top 6 if you start on 1 January 2022. They were 2nd before losing to Liverpool.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The situation with Trossard, Bissouma and Maupay is pretty bad and I wonder how it will be resolved. Most likely all three will leave but its not impossible that one or multiple of these players decide to leave for free next year instead. Not great from the club perspective in the financial sense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As sad as it will be to see Biss go, this is our model and we need to get the greatest value from him. If we get ‘only’ £30m we’ll have made a £15m profit on a player who has given us great service. However, the most valuable outcome will be another example of a player that’s come to us who has then developed into a top class player and who we haven’t stood in the way of in terms of going up the next step. Ben White being the other great example.
This model helps us attract talented younger players through the World who want to break into an EPL team and cement their place as a first team regular and potentially get a move to a top 6 team.
The challenge for us is to identify the right targets and conclude the deals. £4.5m for Caicedo is looking an absolute steal, and done right under the noses of our next opponents.
So, yes, it will be a loss when Biss goes but frankly we need to just accept that this is part of our progress as a brilliantly run club.

I really hope one or two posters that have been contributing to this thread read this, and try their hardest to understand what you've written.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The situation with Trossard, Bissouma and Maupay is pretty bad and I wonder how it will be resolved. Most likely all three will leave but its not impossible that one or multiple of these players decide to leave for free next year instead. Not great from the club perspective in the financial sense.

Bissouma will be off, plenty of suitors for him.
Trossard could go to a club with bigger budgets, but would probably have to settle for far less playing time in return for more money. Would he really want to do that in a World Cup year?
Maupay: not sure too many PL clubs will be coming in for him.

Stumpy Tim

Trossard could go to a club with bigger budgets, but would probably have to settle for far less playing time in return for more money. Would he really want to do that in a World Cup year?

It wouldn't shock me to see Maupay head to a decent French team

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Brentford is the most likely destination for Maupay. But there's also clubs not playing in the PL.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It wouldn't shock me to see Maupay head to a decent French team

Italy for me, strikes me as a man that likes to try new cultures / experiences

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

And Groß, Veltman and Mac Allister. Pascal has a month or two left on his contract and the other two can leave next year. What to do oh wise Swede?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And Groß, Veltman and Mac Allister. Pascal has a month or two left on his contract and the other two can leave next year. What to do oh wise Swede?

Yup, forgot about Mac for a moment but same situation there. When it comes to Gross and Veltman the situation is probably a little bit different, there's no real money the club could lose and they're unlikely to believe a bigger club could be in for them. No idea what will happen to Gross, decision is probably in his hands, but I think Veltman will extend his contract with another year or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here