Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham match is NOT sold out

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I don't follow the process closely, but it all strikes me as a bit strange. If someone had tried to buy last night they'd have seen "sold out", and they might not come back to check again.

Wanting to sell small quantities at a time makes sense, because...

a) It can create the illusion of scarce supply, which will motivate some to commit to a purchase.
b) From a stadium match-day management perspective, it must be easier to have people concentrated together rather than dribs and drabs spread out, should the game not sell out (this one surely will, however).

...but you'd think there'd be some sort of auto "list some more seats" thing that happens each time an existing block sells out. It shouldn't need someone to manually list a few more, if that is what is happening, as the process falls down at night and over weekends if people are not monitoring things.

Yeah I agree, should defo be more automated. I looked last night, sold out! Went back on lunchtime because I was going to buy the 4 game 'pack', that was sold out but individual ticks were available for Brum! Confused...com :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
But there was over 1000 spaces in the away end - wait til Leeds!

There certainly wasnt 1000 empty seats down there, they just didnt use their full allocation - so we had an extra block back. Probably about 100 empty seats in their area, with another 100 taken out for segregation. The 1901/box expansion isnt done yet either, so thats another 100 or so people not in yet.

Attendance on Friday was 26,594

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
b) From a stadium match-day management perspective, it must be easier to have people concentrated together rather than dribs and drabs spread out, should the game not sell out (this one surely will, however).

I don't think that makes any difference, Barnsley was by no means sold out and people in the South just moved around as much as they wanted even though a block and a bit (I think) were never put up for sale. I don't get this releasing in dribs and drabs, makes no sense to me at all

There certainly wasnt 1000 empty seats down there, they just didnt use their full allocation - so we had an extra block back. Probably about 100 empty seats in their area, with another 100 taken out for segregation. The 1901/box expansion isnt done yet either, so thats another 100 or so people not in yet.

Attendance on Friday was 26,594

They gave back one block, which I think holds about 650, so their total allocation was about 2350 of which nearly 800 were empty. Add this to the attendance and a couple of hundred extra for segregation and we are just about on our current official capacity.

EDIT: Based soley on the official away attendance

Probably - preferred the old way as then its the "real" attendance. Id say about 500 STHs didnt turn up though, Family area looked about 20% empty and was a few empty in the South and WSL (North end).

Those in the WSL north end are always empty. They even were for Donny and Palace last year.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
There seems to be a 'tickets sold' gate, and an 'actual attendance' gate. Would love to think there will be a full to the gunwales, 'actual' not a seat to be had game in the near future. Prob won't happen, as even if ALL tickets are sold, there will be a small percentage of 'unable to attends' for whatever reason...

Now half a dozen in the WSL, but even stranger, the 4 match packs are showing as sold out. Has someone actually bought one of these?

Why on earth can all the tickets that are available be simply put on sale. If someone wants a 4 game pack, then fine, take the from the current availability.

This is spoiling out seat count downs!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You can now put tickets up on the exchange even if it's not sold out yet - I have already put my Ipswich tickets on it.

You can put the tickets on the exchange, but the club won't offer them for sale until they have declared the match as 'sold out'.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
AFAIK they are not. It is the middle tier, AKA 1901 club that are having seats added.

Really, I'll have one of those then. Got pissed of standing at the back of the north and fancy going upper class. Just wonder if there is a waiting list for those seats?

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Really, I'll have one of those then. Got pissed of standing at the back of the north and fancy going upper class. Just wonder if there is a waiting list for those seats?

over 500 on it six months back, part reason that stadium is going fast track to capacity

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There seems to be a 'tickets sold' gate, and an 'actual attendance' gate. Would love to think there will be a full to the gunwales, 'actual' not a seat to be had game in the near future. Prob won't happen, as even if ALL tickets are sold, there will be a small percentage of 'unable to attends' for whatever reason...

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe we now announce the attendance as tickets sold, whereas last yr it was bodies through turnstyles. Apparently there is always 2 figures. We've kind of been forced into changing how we announce our attendances as clubs like Palace were too embarrassed to give the (a lot lower) bodies through turnstyle figure. Arsenal another prime example. Someone said all prem teams are doing it now - we had no real choice but to follow. Annoying thing is our average attendance last season wouldve been about 2k higher if we'd counted as tickets sold!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here