Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
tbh I dont know how gross will get into our 11 as it seems like potter likes to play with a lot of pace up top, also very impressed with Dan burn

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I too thought Burn was great. He seemed to get better in the second half or perhaps it just seemed that way as he had more of the ball.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Encouraging display.

Trossard looking good again, loving him and March on the left.
Good turn and finish from Locadia.
Burn did well, Duffy and Dunk adapting well to a 3.
Midfield a concern, Propper very clumsy and some awful touches. Alzate seemed nervous and played like it.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Well that was good. Enjoyable to watch. Attacking intent. Moving the ball well. Wing backs were more prominent 2nd half. A good understanding of the formation. We were really rather flexible 2nd half. The 3 central defenders looked solid against good opposition. Trossard was instrumental and looks a great signing. March played well. It's the first time I've seen Alzate, looked tidy. Roll on Valencia.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
burn very good .

Can easy see him CB or comfortable at LB . Better on ball than had remembered . Positive

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand the view that Burn had a good game. I thought that against a very poor championship side he was adequate but slow and clumsy and was fortunate to get plenty of space on the left to get forward which he wont get in The Premier. Very impressed with Locadia and Trossard but disappointed with Alzate after all the hype he didnt get into the game.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
First pre-season action I've watched and I'm encouraged.

Massive health warning that I'm not getting carried away and Brum looked very ordinary. They gave us lots of space to play and in that sense it was nothing like a PL game.

However, I was impressed by the understandings that Potter has already built up between players, with a nice fluidity in interchanging positions and playing the ball into the channels and around the corner at a much quicker tempo than we have been used to. Locadia, Trossard, March and Montoya all looked to be relishing the freedom that Potter has given them. Liked the way we pressed and looked fitter than Brum, despite them needing to be a week ahead of us pre-season. Whether we can realistically play with that freedom in the PL remains to be seen. There will be more goals and more entertainment than last year. Low bar, mind.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here