Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
There's no doubt the commentator was an idiot but there are big car factories that do close for 2 weeks, particularly JLR. I had a software client in Birmingham until last year and there was a two week period where you couldn't arrange meetings because anyone who was married to a JLR employee would be off on holidays.

Yes, yes I know but according to BG, they all go to Birmingham City.
Other pastimes and indeed football clubs are available in the area

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
The commentator was a clueless dick who hadn’t done his homework on the Albion

I wondered if he had previously been employed by Birmingham, as he seemed to know their player's names better than ours?
He also took every opportunity to praise every little thing they did.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who actually scored the 4th goal? And what actually happened for the 4th - saw the other 3.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Aww going to have to disgree with you.....and I know I'm right. :) Big Jurge will be a revelation this season.......ok not a 25 goal season but I can see a solid 10 goals and assists. He is a beast and just needs game time......feel free to bounce this but you have to admit you do hope I am right on this one.
Last season most of us were waiting and hoping to see anything that the recruitment team saw in him. Maybe he needed a system that suited him? Very early days but there does appear to be an improvement. Hopefully we'll see similar from Alireza.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
burn very good .

Can easy see him CB or comfortable at LB . Better on ball than had remembered . Positive

Agree ... remember when he was at Brum and he was turd but today very assured, good range of passing and not at all 'Bambi like'. Think he could do well

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Jurgen looked happier, Trossard looks a good buy and overall encouraging but Premier league opponents with a high press will really test that system ... anyone with a heart problem best take along a friend who knows how to use a defibrillator.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Did anyone else think we changed formation in the second half? Seemed like Locadia was playing deeper and Trossard had more of a free role.
Definitely 3-4-3 in the first half which im sure would become 5-2-3 against better opposition, and loved the interchanging of the front 3, but the second half seemed more like 3-5-1-1 to me, more so when Murray was replaced by Andone.

Looked refreshing anyway after the turgid performances last season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought Dunk was fortunate not to have ended up in hospital after smashing into the post when he scored our third.
Lucky it was Duffy.

Commentator said “clash with the keeper” obviously thinking Stockdale was the post

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Looked refreshing anyway after the turgid performances last season.

Couldn’t agree more. Brilliant to see some tactical fluidity. Hugely encouraging performances from March, Montoya, Burn, trossard and Locadia. Got my mojo well and truly back

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes, yes I know but according to BG, they all go to Birmingham City.
Other pastimes and indeed football clubs are available in the area

But it was the commentator that insinuated that.

Not BG.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
But it was the commentator that insinuated that.

Not BG.

Either way it conjured up images of some black and white bygone era Harry Enfield sketch with a load of cloth capped car factory working stereotypical brummies downing tools Saturday lunchtime as the factory whistle blew and heading off to 'the match' en masse via the local boozer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I cannot understand the view that Burn had a good game. I thought that against a very poor championship side he was adequate but slow and clumsy and was fortunate to get plenty of space on the left to get forward which he wont get in The Premier. Very impressed with Locadia and Trossard but disappointed with Alzate after all the hype he didnt get into the game.

Either you're a) being purposefully contrary, b) can't actually see what's going on in a football game or c) both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here