Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Birmingham City v Brighton And Hove Albion 15.00 KO St Andrews

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
No idea. Connor Roberts (RB), Matt Grimes (CM), Bersant Celina (AM) or Oli McBurnie (CF) likely. Swansea need to sell players and have hard time offloading expensive wages so we might have to sell some players..

More likely looking at an Atalanta player since yea Potter should know these players.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's only a friendly so wouldn't read too much into it but positives to take from the game. Quite liked the look of the formation, thought Burn did ok alongside the ever present Duffy and Dunk, Locadia is looking sharp and Trossard looks to have a lot about him. Only slight niggle was a few bits of ropey defending, Birmingham probably should have scored at least 1 - but that sort of thing will be hopefully ironed out given the formation is new to us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Locardia finding better space staying closer to the central attacker.
Trossard dangerous roaming free across the front line..
Burn venturing forward on the left.
March as a wing back.
Alzate with the potential to break through

Downside? Defensive frailty seriously worrying but when your centre back scores two it's hard to complain..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought he looked good today. Great touch and looks like he’ll create chances.
He looked good going forward, but played several sloppy balls losing us possession too. Hopefully he'll iron those out (they weren't in his highlights video).

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No idea. Connor Roberts (RB), Matt Grimes (CM), Bersant Celina (AM) or Oli McBurnie (CF) likely. Swansea need to sell players and have hard time offloading expensive wages so we might have to sell some players..

i was thinking more about atalanta...

:wink:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I would like to see Clarke on for Burn who has looked slow and clumsy and I would like to see how Clarke does. in 3 at the back. Trossard playing wide right this half.
Thought Burn did very well. Good with the ball, deceptively quick. Received loads of awful passes in 1st half but that's not his fault. Looked great in the cup games last season too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That was a very easy watch!
Starting to see what he's doing now, ol' potter, the difference being the speed in which the ball goes forward. Didn't read too much into the three at the back, that'll be reserved for lesser opposition, but the forward movement looks promising. Also, I'd forgotten the amount of missed chances in the championship. That is really the only difference between the top six of the championship and the bottom six of the premier league.....finishing

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Locadia's ball retention and link up play excellent I thought, took his goal very well. Trossard a real livewire, three assists and always looking to get on the ball. Burn looked comfortable and assured on the left of that 3. Montoya and Solly effective getting up and down.

I'm liking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Comfortable performance. Yes, against a side who will struggle in The Championship but we've beaten what was in front of us with an experimental formation, no first choice left back and Gross having a bit of a rest.

Stockdale though.... :eek:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yes very promising. Brum were absolute dog turd but we looked good on the ball and the positives were Big Jurge, Big Burn, tiny tross, and the system we played. We all know it won't be that easy in The Premier league but we scored 4 goals and looked good......whats not to like?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't read too much into the three at the back, that'll be reserved for lesser opposition
But there are no lesser opposition in the PL. Three at the back is a style he likes, so I assume we'll see a fair bit of it.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
How is that as traditionally the car factories and allied businesses closed for 2 weeks when the children broke up from school. The workers are forced to take their holidays then hence this weekend being classed as the busiest travel get away weekend of the year. So he is perfectly correct.
This isnt 1975 though. Car factories aren't the significant employer in the region they once were. So the statement was pointless and irrelevant.

A bit like the comment that there are quite a few teams in the Birmingham area.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here