A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is amazing.
Well done Bobby!
He has a chance, isn't Kepa (usually) 2nd choice?!

(I'm finding it almost unbelievable that we have a former youth teamer now in the full Spanish squad. We've come a long, long, long way).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Spain have always had great keepers in abundance. Although this is great news, it would be unbelievably incredible if he went on to establish himself there.

Whereas he has an actual chance of becoming England number one.

Not with Southgate in charge.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have really missed a ****ing trick here, given our record with goalkeepers since Seaman.

I think Spain have pulled a trick.

Much questioning over why he is ahead of others. I think they've seen the potential and decided to promote him before Blighty get their paws on. Not that England would notice these things...

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if he did feature. Great opportunity for him, whatever the circumstance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Spain have pulled a trick.

Much questioning over why he is ahead of others. I think they've seen the potential and decided to promote him before Blighty get their paws on. Not that England would notice these things...

For that reason I wouldn't be surprised if he did feature. Great opportunity for him, whatever the circumstance.

They have some good keepers but its not like when they were bathing in them some years ago. Valdes and Casillas stopped, Reina is too old, Asenjo never quite turned into the monster keeper people thought, Rico is on the bench for PSG, Kepa on the bench for Chelsea, Adrian on the bench for Liverpool, Pau Lopez is so-so over at Roma...

Rob Sanchez is one of quite few both playing and performing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They have some good keepers but its not like when they were bathing in them some years ago. Valdes and Casillas stopped, Reina is too old, Asenjo never quite turned into the monster keeper people thought, Rico is on the bench for PSG, Kepa on the bench for Chelsea, Adrian on the bench for Liverpool, Pau Lopez is so-so over at Roma...

Rob Sanchez is one of quite few both playing and performing.

I'm hoping they play him. They've obviously seen something there. They've got three matches coming up none of which are against the best sides. He's got a real chance here.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
He's got a kick like an exocet, which is a great alternative to the slow passing build up catches out all those pressing teams, ole.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Seriously talented keeper.
I hope we give him proper money now , as presumably he’s still on his old contract.
Otherwise another club will pinch him.

EDIT: New contract was signed a few weeks ago!

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Great news:clap2:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Its nice reading Spanish newspapers who are heaping the praise on him. None of them seem to think this was a bad call, so thats really nice to see.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Its nice reading Spanish newspapers who are heaping the praise on him. None of them seem to think this was a bad call, so thats really nice to see.

It's great they are for sure. I have seen a lot of Spanish fans questioning who he is though (err watch some premier league games amigos) so I hope he gets his chance in the next round of games and shows them he's MFing Big Spanish Bobby Bob Sanchez!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Best get ourselves looking for a new keeper...

This isn't an opinion that I thought i'd ever hold, but i'm not sure that those three clubs can afford to buy a player from us.

Barca have something like 1.3bn euro debt. The Spanish football economy like a lot of leagues is imploding and even the clubs with Champ league income will have to seriously curb their expenditure.

The flight of players to to relative financial security of the PL will continue and gather pace in the summer in my view

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
His Wiki page says he is 6ft 6in............ really

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
His Wiki page says he is 6ft 6in............ really

He's fairly tall...

...and gives lovely cuddles.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Great news for Bob and the club. I am a bit surprised the football super power Spain don't have other established or young keepers who would be considered for their squad at the moment before him, especially being a rookie and a recent mistake that cost the game against Leicester. Otherwise he's been excellent though.

It's all about tying him down for the future. One competitive cap and he's Spain's for good. Expect it to happen.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking at it, I dont think he could have played for England.

The criteria for eligibility to represent a home nation is:

A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.
— Home nations agreement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports