Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it's the 3rd time I've posted this now - the chant HAS to be this... ("Spanish Bob...")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0uJfhywW8

Edit: perhaps:

Spanish Bob - He's our keeper, he's our hero
[Saves a worldy?]*, then just carries o-oon...

* anything better to sound more like "yo te quiero"...?

That would be an amazing chant.

Maybe 'lets in zero' instead of saves a worldy?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Really pleased for him. Played past all my expectations when he first came in. He’s been amazing.

Yet another dual-nationality player England have slipped through. We could make a decent first 11 out of them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Really pleased for him. Played past all my expectations when he first came in. He’s been amazing.

Yet another dual-nationality player England have slipped through. We could make a decent first 11 out of them.

Why do people keep talking about this dual nationality thing? Is it just because he has lived here long enough? Or is one of his parents / grandparents English?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I reckon I was one of the first to call it after pointing out Ryan's goals conceded compared to xG against this season were terrible. It wasn't so much that he'd been dropping clangers, but that he'd only been making the regulation saves and not the sort of top-drawer saves that you occasionally need your keeper to make to win games - and Sanchez has made a few of them. The fact that he dominates his box far more is just an added bonus.

More than a simple "added bonus". The ability he has to control his own box (a recent example of failing to do so notwithstanding) has probably prevented him being asked to save a fair few shots that Ryan would have ended up needing to face. That helps give the defenders less work to do, fewer opportunities to get beaten, and thus greater confidence. Cannot be underestimated the value that Sanchez has brought since coming in IMO.

I'm sure some stato somewhere will run an analysis at the end of the season that will show that Sanchez was a significant part of saving our season (assuming we stay up).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
More than a simple "added bonus". The ability he has to control his own box (a recent example of failing to do so notwithstanding) has probably prevented him being asked to save a fair few shots that Ryan would have ended up needing to face. That helps give the defenders less work to do, fewer opportunities to get beaten, and thus greater confidence. Cannot be underestimated the value that Sanchez has brought since coming in IMO.

I'm sure some stato somewhere will run an analysis at the end of the season that will show that Sanchez was a significant part of saving our season (assuming we stay up).

I don't disagree. It's stuff like that that can go unnoticed - you'll rarely see the keeper claiming crosses to completely snuff out an attack on match highlights. Has anyone produced a YouTube of Sanchez claiming crosses yet?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Has anyone produced a YouTube of Sanchez claiming crosses yet?

"It's one small step for Bob...one giant leap for Mat Ryan."

sports3-3.jpg

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Why do people keep talking about this dual nationality thing? Is it just because he has lived here long enough? Or is one of his parents / grandparents English?

He is eligible for UK citizenship, as he's lived here so long, he'll either have Indefinite Leave to Remain or EU Settled Status. He couldn't be a dual national though, as Spain doesn't allow it - he'd have to relinquish his Spanish citizenship to do so.

Separately, his surname is Lynch Sanchez - the "Lynch" being his father's surname. I don't think we know anything further, but it doesn't sound like a very Spanish name...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
FIRST DRAFT

Our goal-ie comes from Sunny Spain
Eeees Bob from Espana!

We’ll never lose another f**king game
With Bob from Espana!

He does-n’t play in League One anymore
Now he---'s with the Albion!

And he’ll nev-er let opponents score
It’s Bob-by we adore!

[Was going to be "We kinda liked the Aussie we had before / But it's Booby we adore"]

Yes. Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent!"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yes. Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle & the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent!"

I'm sure that New York-based fan can pull it off....

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Very likely, although whilst I'm not sure he is yet at the level to keep for a team challenging for international honours, I would point out that my key word is 'yet'.

If I was in Spanish team selection I'd tie him down. If I was Southgate I would have been playing him in the next match....

Can we agree Potter called something correct here...... ?

Mason Mount is a much better keeper surely?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here