Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When you consider what he has saved us in terms of having to go into the market to get a decent PL keeper (£15m - £20m + :shrug:), plus his growing value as an asset, he must be top of Tony's Christmas card list.

All told, it must be approaching half of what it cost to build the Academy

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Bono estente, epethethethethethe Bob Sanchez. Scorchio!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst this is great news, can someone fill me in on the likelihood of him having to self isolate on returning to the club?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Has anyone suggested a chant for him yet?

Hopefully 1 will emerge before we are allowed back in to the satdium.

Singing big Bobby Sanchez plays for Spain,
Singing big Bobby Sanchez,
Big Bobby Sanchez,
Big Bobby Sanchez plays for Spain.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Yet another tick in the box for Potter for me. Brave, brave decision to drop Ryan and play Sanchez, but his commitment to younger players is paying off.

Absolutely! Great to see those 'Spring Chickens', Danny & Adam given their chance on saturday.

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
That's great news! In full anticipation of Gareth Southgit's continuing myopia with respect to our players...

I was stood next to Southgate at Minneapolis Airport. I had my Brighton scarf on (it was minus 16 outside at the time and I'd just walked in) and he looked at me, looked at the scarf, looked at the badge, and never said a bloody word!

He was sat in front of me on the way out too. Drank mineral water and watched Wyscout videos on his laptop for the whole journey. Yawn...

He was very approachable though and always happy to talk to people, but it was the ignoring of the Seagull which irked me. :annoyed:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
England have really missed a ****ing trick here, given our record with goalkeepers since Seaman.

Joe Hart was very good for a few years, as was Paul Robinson. David James had a solid spell as well. I know we like to pretend all English goalkeepers have been Scott Carson since Seaman, but it's not true.

Henderson, Pope, Johnstone, McCarthy, Pickford and even Ramsdale have our National goal well stocked for a while. Sanchez is looking brilliant but Southgate can't start considering Brighton players now, not with his well established anyone-but-Brighton stance.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Great news for Bob and the club. I am a bit surprised the football super power Spain don't have other established or young keepers who would be considered for their squad at the moment before him, especially being a rookie and a recent mistake that cost the game against Leicester. Otherwise he's been excellent though.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
More than a simple "added bonus". The ability he has to control his own box (a recent example of failing to do so notwithstanding) has probably prevented him being asked to save a fair few shots that Ryan would have ended up needing to face. That helps give the defenders less work to do, fewer opportunities to get beaten, and thus greater confidence. Cannot be underestimated the value that Sanchez has brought since coming in IMO.

I'm sure some stato somewhere will run an analysis at the end of the season that will show that Sanchez was a significant part of saving our season (assuming we stay up).
Cannot be underestimated? The pundits curse

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
England have really missed a ****ing trick here, given our record with goalkeepers since Seaman.

England have also missed a trick by not playing Dunk, Webs or Lamptey.

Southgate is a clown. Dunk would be amazing for England. His loss... obviously Mings is superior.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Singing big Bobby Sanchez,
Big Bobby Sanchez,
Big Bobby Sanchez plays for Spain.

Just use the Many Ryan Socceroo/hates Palace song, but replace Socceroo with Scorchio. Sorted.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Spain have always had great keepers in abundance. Although this is great news, it would be unbelievably incredible if he went on to establish himself there.

Whereas he has an actual chance of becoming England number one.

He has as much chance (if not more of a chance) of becoming Spain number 1 as he does at becoming England's number 1. You conveniently ignored the list of English goalkeepers currently ahead of him, but he's made the Spain squad. What does that tell you about the state of their current crop of goalkeepers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here