Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think he should stick with Steele. First goal he had no chance, second one was a belting shot and perhaps his positioning wasn’t ideal but it was hardly a howler or anything. Can’t chop and change just because he’s let in a few goals.

RdZ as we know is big into assessing in training and will rotate/drop based on effort and performance at Lancing as much as match performances.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
‘Clearly hasn’t worked’.

That’s a big jump from watching a few minutes during a warm up.
It’s an opinion not fact… think I’m allowed that without it being a big jump, it also was a combined 30 mins so hardly him not engaging for a few mins.

Secondly he seriously looked like he couldn’t care less…. I’d at least expect him to be joining in the warm up (as Steele does when he is on the bench). Very much reminded me of how Maupay was behaving in those last few games before he left.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s an opinion not fact… think I’m allowed that without it being a big jump, it also was a combined 30 mins so hardly him not engaging for a few mins.

Secondly he seriously looked like he couldn’t care less…. I’d at least expect him to be joining in the warm up (as Steele does when he is on the bench). Very much reminded me of how Maupay was behaving in those last few games before he left.

Watching them pre match at home, he never looks interested but not to say he isn’t !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching them pre match at home, he never looks interested but not to say he isn’t !
I think you're right. Sometime fairly soon after he took over from Maty somebody put six pictures of him on NSC, in the manner of Fry's Five Boys chocolate bar wrappers captioned (something like), 'Happy', 'Sad', 'Angry', 'Anxious' and a couple of others. And all the pictures were the same. That was when he was a hero of course, and that was considered a good thing - now he's not so highly rated by some that implacability is now taken as 'doesn't care'.......................

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Sanchez is a good keeper. If anyone looks at the stats for the last 3 seasons, they'd see he's pretty consistent and he pretty much saves what he should save, I wouldn't say they are excellent but they're good. On the surface it does seem a little harsh but perhaps neither him nor JS are RDZs type of 'keeper.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sanchez is a good keeper. If anyone looks at the stats for the last 3 seasons, they'd see he's pretty consistent and he pretty much saves what he should save, I wouldn't say they are excellent but they're good. On the surface it does seem a little harsh but perhaps neither him nor JS are RDZs type of 'keeper.
TBH, whatever we need to spend money on, I wouldn't have put GK at the top of the list. Rushworth is doing very well in League1. Maybe he needs a season in the Championship next (although Sanchez didn't).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here