BHA January transfer watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes we lost it when we lost Bong and CH was happy to rely on LR and IC. This was his achillies heel.

And you wouldn't be happy to rely on Rosenior at left back, even though he is proven in that position at Premier League level?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is the obvious as Calderon has generally been poor and Chicksen couldnt have been worse and would have provided the balls for Murphy to attack the full back and then get some crosses into the box. Chicksen although perhaps no better technically than Calderon is left footed and faster by a long way. Tactically we are trying to walk the ball into the net. We need to get the ball forward and into the box quicker to give Wilson a chance. We were doing this early season but are not now and suffering as a result.

Do you not realise when literally everyone on this forum says you're wrong (when it is rare that people agree on things), that it might be you who is wrong. What part of we tried to get a left back but couldn't get the right deal don't you understand? Would you rather we'd brought in anyone at left back, even if they weren't good enough? We were doing okay with Calderon (and you show how clueless you are by suggesting Chicksen who is very poor) before March got injured. Even then we almost won at Derby (where he missed most of the game) and QPR. We've since had a really difficult run of games with up to eight players missing. It's not rocket science why we've had a poor run.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And you wouldn't be happy to rely on Rosenior at left back, even though he is proven in that position at Premier League level?

No I wouldnt because he was more valuable to us in right midfield. Ok to help out during a game or even perhapd 1 or 2 games but knowing how long Bong was going to be missing he was not the answer, even without him getting injured, which nobody could have foreseen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No I wouldnt because he was more valuable to us in right midfield. Ok to help out during a game or even perhapd 1 or 2 games but knowing how long Bong was going to be missing he was not the answer, even without him getting injured, which nobody could have foreseen.

Kept out of the BG bashing and I will again now. Speechless.

Yoda

English & European

Who was there that was a REALISTIC option to bring in that would've IMPROVED our squad, than someone who has played a number of Premier League games in that position that we already had. Note the KEY words in CAPITALS.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who was there that was a REALISTIC option to bring in that would've IMPROVED our squad, than someone who has played a number of Premier League games in that position that we already had. Note the KEY words in CAPITALS.

Zeki Fryers at CPFC. Pocognoli at WBA who apparently didnt want to come to us so perhaps enough effort wasnt made to get him. I dont know.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It all depends on how much TB coverts promotion. We have two weeks before our next league game and cannot see much action before that

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Nick Blackman please. I reckon £7-8m he's ours. V good player.

Or Borja Gonzalez from Atletico/Elche.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Two quality strikers another right back and a very very fast winger

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Zeki Fryers at CPFC. Pocognoli at WBA who apparently didnt want to come to us so perhaps enough effort wasnt made to get him. I dont know.

If, as you say, you don't know, why do you feel the need to come up with a negative comment like "perhaps enough effort wasn't made to get him?" In my view, that shows your deep-seated desire to criticise the club, even though you know next to nothing about any particular subject.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

Bring back thumbs down.
Nothing to do with losing several key players then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Marshall is a good technical player, but he hasn't got the pace or trickery to be an out-and-out match winner like Kazenga and March. I really think a lot of people underestimate just what those two did for us this season. The majority of teams in this division don't have any match winners, so to have two made us really strong. We've now got to somehow make sure we have at least one in our team for the rest of the season. Marshall would be a good signing, but I don't see him single-handedly turning draws into wins.

Noone is more interesting. I didn't particularly rate him when he was here before because he always seemed to mess up the final ball, but he does have pace and the ability to go past a man, which potentially makes him a more effective replacement for March. And I would hope he has improved his final ball now he's a more experienced player.

100% agree

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If, as you say, you don't know, why do you feel the need to come up with a negative comment like "perhaps enough effort wasn't made to get him?" In my view, that shows your deep-seated desire to criticise the club, even though you know next to nothing about any particular subject.

I thought exactly the same thing but it's not worth asking. How someone can say in the same post that the player didn't want to come to the club as far as they know and then turn that round to blaming the club is beyond me. His other option is a Palace player and I find it hard to believe they're going to want to help our promotion push even if the player wanted to come to us.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd like to see 2 or 3 new signings in January but having lost £10m last season and just stayed within FFP rules if we were to splash too much cash in January surely we'd be likely to fall foul of the FFP rules whether we get up this season or not. Is Tony going to keep bailing us out year after year?

Surely we have to start operating with a view to balancing the books even if it means promoting some of the Development squad instead? I know clubs like Bournemouth flouted the rules but I care about what our club does not what the others do. Look what's happening at Bolton for example. Maybe we should start involving players like Harper & Tilley into the squad now and just hope that when our injured players return we can still push for the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports