Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Perhaps we'll come up with a Slovenian or Ukrainian wonder-kid, there are loads of them on FM. ???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We will sign absolutely no one unless they are loan players

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Such a shame we lost key players like kaz and solly ,solly was on fire at times

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If, as you say, you don't know, why do you feel the need to come up with a negative comment like "perhaps enough effort wasn't made to get him?" In my view, that shows your deep-seated desire to criticise the club, even though you know next to nothing about any particular subject.

I dont want to criticise the club I would love nothing more than to be sitting at the top of the table looking down on the others. When I said about the effort put in to get Pocognoli who was told he had no future at WBA whether it was an enquiry he said no, which had to be due to wages, as he had no prospect of playing and we accepted that or whether we went and pushed him further saying if we are promoted we may go after him
full time for next season, which may have convinced him to sign for us on loan.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I dont want to criticise the club I would love nothing more than to be sitting at the top of the table looking down on the others. When I said about the effort put in to get Pocognoli who was told he had no future at WBA whether it was an enquiry he said no, which had to be due to wages, as he had no prospect of playing and we accepted that or whether we went and pushed him further saying if we are promoted we may go after him

And maybe we did say all that, and he still didn't fancy it, and maybe, he reckons he can get a move to a bigger club in this window, and maybe, he's just an idle twunt who is willing to rot in the stiffs, and see out his contract. You see, none of us on here know, so to surmise it's the club not trying hard enough is really insutting to CH, Tony Bloom and Paul Winstanely. It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than speak up, and confirm it.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

I would be very surprised if HE said no due to wages. When a player goes out on loan he remains on the the payroll of his parent club and is paid in full as per his contract. The parent club will then recover an agreed level of costs from the club he joined. They only time I'm aware of this being different was when Pompey loaned out Nugent and the was paid directly by the new club as this was the only was he knew he would be paid for certain

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was intended as a question more than a statement of fact. Perhaps we had a set limit and criteria and wouldnt budge, who knows but it just seems strange that with the numbers of registered footballers we couldnt get one better than Calderon, even on a short loan. Nobody knows why he turned down a loan to us, unless we were not really interested and it was paper talk.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
We , or rather CH,has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

BG, I do sometimes wonder whether you are just genetically different from the rest of us. Or as surely must be the case ...posting and waiting for the balloon to go up!
Sometimes I find myself entirely agreeing with you, and other times like this, when we could be from different planets.
But whatever, I've never considered you to be a defeatist, so if you really have given up on a top two, that's rather sad. Me, I'm still looking at winning this league. :bhasign:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not a defeatist but we have to rely on getting results and 2 of 3 blowing up and I think the best chance is it will be Derby and Hull. I do firmly believe that CH was entranced in his idea that LR or IC could cover Bong and we have lost out as a consequence. I also believe he judged this wrong, as I have said many times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am not a defeatist but we have to rely on getting results and 2 of 3 blowing up and I think the best chance is it will be Derby and Hull. I do firmly believe that CH was entranced in his idea that LR or IC could cover Bong and we have lost out as a consequence. I also believe he judged this wrong, as I have said many times.

'Many' is a bit of an understatement

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Pretty sure Rosenior could have covered for Bong more than adequately.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

If the transfer window is closed, of course we rely on the squad we already have. The alternative is blow the transfer budget on emergency 30d loans. FSS, you really need to be removed from this forum.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Yet again, on a subject about which you know absolutely nothing, you create a rambling scenario that is totally hypothetical. The same fictional scenario about which you chose, in that earlier post, to put a negative slant on the club's efforts.

I can only interpret that as an anti-club agenda.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Please can you provide examples of every goal that Calderon has been directly responsible for since Bong's injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not catergorise every goal for instant recall any more I used to be a walking directory of goals and games but now just judge as the game is going or at half time and full time when recapping on that particular game. I think that generally he has been a liability and every team recently has realised and attacked us down his side. Middlesbro, Ipswich spring to mind. Wolves couldnt attack eitrher wing although DS had about 4 decent saves to make,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We've conceded most down the other side.

Is this because teams attack us down their right until they reach our box then cross it as Bruno tends to give their winger too much room ro control it. He is good getting forward and defending out side of our box but poor once they get in or near the box as he tends to stand off

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We've conceded most down the other side.

We seem to have lost more attacking impetus with Calderon as left back...at times there seems a reluctance to pass him the ball...certainly LR was more than good cover ..who would have guessed that we would have lost 2 left backs to serious injuries ...hopefully the gaps been plugged with Ridgewell.....BG says CH was entranced ...it seems to me the poster might be fixated ...our inability currently to put the ball in the net is our downfall

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here