Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA January transfer watch

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Some guy in the bus queue post-Boro was saying that he'd met up with David Burke the previous night. He said (before it was announced) that Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn would be hit by FFP, and also that Boro had some special deal with Chelsea (probably a Karanka-Mourinho link) to develop players. Once you've got that link sorted, probably with the ability to do some creative accounting, then other transfers/wages become that much easier.

Hughton's well respected at Spurs. No reason why we shouldn't look to them for a favour or two. Might have one or two hidden gems not getting regular football at the moment. Obviously Townsend is out of our reach; but there could be others worth considering.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

Contrary to some opinion, you're not a fake account. You're an ignorant, ridiculous old ****, with no interest in anything except justifying previous posts, however ridiculous

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Hughton's well respected at Spurs. No reason why we shouldn't look to them for a favour or two. Might have one or two hidden gems not getting regular football at the moment. Obviously Townsend is out of our reach; but there could be others worth considering.

Wouldn't rule out a special relationship developing with Man Utd either. Lindgard's loan worked out well enough for them to loan us Wilson this season and at the moment there's no reason why similar players won't head down in future. Saying that though I would prefer if our academy could contain prospects of that standard which we can develop in house for our own longterm gain.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saying that though I would prefer if our academy could contain prospects of that standard which we can develop in house for our own longterm gain.

Give it time, it's a pretty new concept on our new found training centre.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
We , or rather CH, has blown our chances of automatic in the last month all we can really hope for is us to improve and keep going then rely on two of the top three to blow up. Although the injuries have not helped IMHO they are being trotted out more as an excuse to cover our tactical and playing deficiency, which is the main reason for our drop in the results.

What an utterly absurd comment. Do you really think Boro or Derby would be as powerful as they are at the moment with 6-7 of their starting 11 out injured long term? We have simply been very unlucky. Any team missing half of it's first team all at once is pretty likely I'd say, to experience some kind of dip in form. We went 21 games unbeaten to the huge surprise of everyone, are 4th in the league having finished 20th last year, and you're moaning about our manager. You blow my mind BG, you really do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What an utterly absurd comment. Do you really think Boro or Derby would be as powerful as they are at the moment with 6-7 of their starting 11 out injured long term? We have simply been very unlucky. Any team missing half of it's first team all at once is pretty likely I'd say, to experience some kind of dip in form. We went 21 games unbeaten to the huge surprise of everyone, are 4th in the league having finished 20th last year, and you're moaning about our manager. You blow my mind BG, you really do.

Spot on.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just in case Benfica fancy a few extra quid a cheeky bid for Nelson Oliviera currently on loan at Forest would be nice thanks Tone :)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

A very fair point though in bgs opinion only 1 of those 7 would be starting 11

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Times like this I feel that people should be vetted before being allowed internet access, to stop them being shown up as a clueless prat.

Let's see you justify your view. And don't just spew your usual bollocks of "its all about opinions" cos if you have one, prepare to back it up. I won't hold my breath as you're yet to do it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Whatever is speculated I would believe that Tone and Chris already have their wish list and will have been in touch with agents way before now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It'll be about left back first :moo:

That is the obvious as Calderon has generally been poor and Chicksen couldnt have been worse and would have provided the balls for Murphy to attack the full back and then get some crosses into the box. Chicksen although perhaps no better technically than Calderon is left footed and faster by a long way. Tactically we are trying to walk the ball into the net. We need to get the ball forward and into the box quicker to give Wilson a chance. We were doing this early season but are not now and suffering as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here