Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting query

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Any chance of a pic of the slip posted on here? Not that i'm calling you a liar.:ohmy:

I know some people are wierd but why would I lie when if Liverpool lose or draw I would lose 9k?

I have checked with the bookies and they wont pay out as it stands (thought I would ask anyway). they said as it stands I would have won £ 6k ish.

I'm going out now so will have to sort it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Anyway - the main point is congratulations!

Now you have to decide how much you want weighted on each outcome.

Obviously your current position is:

Liverpool win - £9,000
Liverpool don't win - £0

You basically have a sliding scale you can adjust between those two numbers, eg...

Liverpool win - £6,000
Liverpool don't win - £3,000

Thanks Bozza I will give it all some serious thought.

I owe you a drink whatever because spurred on by your free money post I put £50 on Brighton at the same time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Best of luck buddy - f*** i hope lpool win for ya hey what a weekend if u win 9k and the albion win at home!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is your bet with Ladbrokes? I got a call from a colleague saying that someone is 1 team off winning £10,000 and the team is playing tomorrow. You won't get anything for 12 out of 13 from Ladbrokes, trust me! Good luck tomorrow with Liverpool, though I have a feeling this thread will be going gold because Liverpool haven't won. We'll see. :thumbsup:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Is your bet with Ladbrokes? I got a call from a colleague saying that someone is 1 team off winning £10,000 and the team is playing tomorrow. You won't get anything for 12 out of 13 from Ladbrokes, trust me! Good luck tomorrow with Liverpool, though I have a feeling this thread will be going gold because Liverpool haven't won. We'll see. :thumbsup:

Nice try, No!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Thanks to all that wished us luck - Hope some Karma spreads to you all.

If I win I will give some to good causes and wisely, I'm sure there must be a fund for sinful women I could contribute to

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, I hope this thread will be going gold because Liverpool DO win.

Ordinarily I couldn't give a toss if Liverpool win, lose or draw. But tomorrow I'll be hoping they deliver nine grand in Chicken Runner's direction.

Good luck mate :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well done with those predictions, definitely try and lay some of that off on Betfair better safe than sorry!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks to all that wished us luck - Hope some Karma spreads to you all.

If I win I will give some to good causes and wisely, I'm sure there must be a fund for sinful women I could contribute to

Mate u know what that good cause should be - keep 2.5k or there abouts and get a 5 / 6 yr season ticket at Falmer - a charity we all love is the Albion!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Whilst Bozza's advice is sound, we are not all multi millionaire IT experts, so remember in order to lay on Betfair you will need to have (a) the money 'in the bank' with Betfair, or (b) have originally placed the bet with Betfair.

If this is with Ladbrokes then you will need to deposit money with Betfair. So if (say) you want to lay Liverpool for £3000 (i.e. what you will win if they draw or loose), at 1/3 you will need £1000 in the Betfair kitty to do this.

If you can't get hold of this kind of money then you are in for an exciting afternoon tomorrow.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
You can currently lay Liverpool @ 1.39 on Betfair.

At the moment, it's £9,000 if Liverpool win, absolutely nothing if they don't.

If you lay Liverpool for £5,000, it will cost you £1950 so you're left with a position where Liverpool win you get £7050, Liverpool lose you get £5,000 less the Betfair commission (5%?).

If you want more or less the same money no matter what, lay Liverpool for £6,500 and you'll get £6465 if they win, £6,500 less BF commission if they don't.

Whatever you do, I'd recommend laying some of it off - it's unpredictable Liverpool. Make sure you walk away with something and that way you can relax and enjoy the game. F**k it we can all relax and enjoy the game!!! :lolol:

Imagine how you'll feel if they draw!!!

PS Can someone please double check my figures?!?!?!?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Get f***ing hammered tonight, Scousers will walk it 3-1.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here