Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All the best for tomorrow, Chicken.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
So can someone briefly explain how "laying" works, and what happens if its a draw tomoro?

If you're 'laying' the bet you are taking bets from others that think Liverpool will win. ie. you're being the bookie. So if it's a draw (or Liverpool lose) you get to keep the bets placed by these people.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
I wouldn't lay for the amounts many people are suggesting. Chances are Liverpool will win. I'd say it's about 90% certain. Maybe lay so that you get £1,000 if Liverpool f*** up, but I'd definitely leave it so that you get the majority of the £9,000 if they do what they should do.

And good luck of course, I hope they do it.

that sounds about right, for a 2 quid layout you must get something, 1k consolation or 8k the big one, lay a little then scream on the scousers, but if u need 5k you have as good as got it, what a dilema, good luck, but please dont go home with nothing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Remember the draw! Cam't you get Blackburn +1 at lots of places. That covers the draw and the Blackburn win. Surely that's a more sensible lay?

Whatever happens, whatever option you take, good luck.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Mr Chicken. Serious offer. I will give you £5100 by balance transfer for that ticket. If you can produce the ticket (delivery to Withdean address), I'll transfer the money to NSC and ask bozza to release it to you on receipt of the betting slip, providing the info is correct.

Might sound tight (as its worth 6K) but I need to back the other outcomes to ensure a small profit on each outcome.

Check in the morning. Think I have my maths right.

If not, Good luck! Genuinely wish you luck.

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
What a superb dilemna to have. My advice, (from a man who started his gambling days at 15 hanging outside Beany the Bookmakers in Holingdean and passing my 10p Win Yankee to geezers to place for me - they understood my passion), is if you have immediate access to the funds lay £3000 on Liverpool on BETFAIR. Accept whatever happens at the match and never, ever feel sorry for yourself for making the 'wrong' decision. No one wants to hear a sob story from a geezer who has won a few grand for £2. If you have no access to funds I'd personally take up the offer from Hannibal Smith above.

Enjoy the windfall whatever happens...:)

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Liverpool are in danger of failing to score for a third successive league game. This has only happened once before under Rafa Benitez, between February and March 2005.

Dirk Kuyt is the only Liverpool player to have scored in their last six games. He has score four times during this period.

Rovers have kept clean sheets in four of their last six league games.

*gulp*

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
, though I have a feeling this thread will be going gold because Liverpool haven't won. We'll see. :thumbsup:

For that comment you are an absolute dick, maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Anyways on to the bet I would lay it if you have access to the funds to guarantee a payout or take up the offer of 5k for the betting slip, never mind talk of form etc this is a 3 horse race and anything can happen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah just, lay the bet with the 5k you have lying around. :lolol:

go for glory :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
yeah just, lay the bet with the 5k you have lying around. :lolol:

1. Given the odds Liverpool are to win, you won't need anywhere near £5k.

2. It would be worth lumping on a credit card for a couple of days, if he did want to lay some off and had no other means.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Hi all

Is it better to lay £2k off on Liverpool to not win which would give me a liabilty of £760 or

Bet £1000 on Blackburn to win thereby possibly returning £10500 and covering the draw with £1000 possibly returning £4300

What a dilemma!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sorry to intrude on your thread chickenrunner, but seeing as alot of people seem knowledgeable in the subject i have a question...
Every week i do standard accumalators, but always on the slip there is the option of 4/5/6 folds and so on as well as singles, doubles, trebles etc etc. Would someone kindly just explain what each means briefly?

Oh and best of luck with the bet mate, hope liverpool get you the win:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hi all

Is it better to lay £2k off on Liverpool to not win which would give me a liabilty of £760 or

Bet £1000 on Blackburn to win thereby possibly returning £10500 and covering the draw with £1000 possibly returning £4300

What a dilemma!

It's all down to you, fella!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry to intrude on your thread chickenrunner, but seeing as alot of people seem knowledgeable in the subject i have a question...
Every week i do standard accumalators, but always on the slip there is the option of 4/5/6 folds and so on as well as singles, doubles, trebles etc etc. Would someone kindly just explain what each means briefly?

Oh and best of luck with the bet mate, hope liverpool get you the win:thumbsup:

They are bets to cover varying combinations of all your chosen events happening in addition to covering them all to happen.

Eg, assume your accumulator is for 4 football matches below:

A v b
C v d
E v f
G v h

Your standard accumulator will pay out only if A, C, E and G win.

You could also cover the trebles:

A, C, E
A, C, G
C, E, G

so if one of your selections fails then you still have some winning bets.

You could also cover the doubles:

A, C
A, E
A, G
C, E
C, G
E, G

so that if two selections fail you still have some winning bets.

You might also want to cover the singles, ie each event in isolation:

A
C
E
G

However each of these is another bet and will have to be paid for. Your 4 bet accumulator could become very expensive (but also very lucrative should it win!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway I won £62.50 last night on the Lottery Bingo at work

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Dont panic, Liverpool will win today. I like all my bets to run at the same time so never have this senairo. You could back the draw and Blackburn win as has been stated all ready just to cover yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports