Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ever Brighton away support for a night game? (excluding cup final replay)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Was at the 'Palace' 1-0 game,was at Rushden 3-1 but one of the best night away game for me was Leicester Coca Cola cup 0-2 October 1994. Brighton fans kept in so they started an impromtu 'Conga up and down the terrace singing 'Seagulls sh1t on Foxes....great night.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aldershot, round about 74. Mainly for the time spent with family during the trip. It was still all a bit of a mystery to me then. But magic nevertheless.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
One I most enjoyed in recent times was Bristol Rovers away. On the brink of another nail in our League One relegation coffin 1-0 down at half-time, I remember their fans giving us loads of shit about getting relegated etc, then the supertrio of Gary Hart, Lloyd Owusu and Calvin Andrew combined to save our arses and pluck a 2-1 win to keep our survival hopes alive. Pasties and cider flying everywhere when we were all doing the Lloyd Owusu staying up jig thing. Also remember it was the same day Arshavin scored 4 at Anfield when Arsenal drew 4-4 with Liverpool, they were talking about how important Arshavin was to Arsenal's future on 5Live in the car home :lolol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Away at Blackpool, midweek during a fuel strike in 2000ish, Rogers and OGH. 2-0 away win. I effing loved that one :)

I think there was a rail strike as well.

................anyhows, I didn't and stil don't go to many games but I went for that one as it was a challenge ............. loved it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Was at the 'Palace' 1-0 game,was at Rushden 3-1 but one of the best night away game for me was Leicester Coca Cola cup 0-2 October 1994. Brighton fans kept in so they started an impromtu 'Conga up and down the terrace singing 'Seagulls sh1t on Foxes....great night.

Wasn't that when they had an outbreak of THE PLAGUE in Leicester?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Wolves away at start of season in 89. We did Sheff U away on the Saturday (lost 5-4 after being 3-0 down then 4-3 up) and then beat Wolves 4-2 at Molineux.

We turned up 10 mins late after a mad dash from B'ton and missed our first two goals! But the biggest cheer of the night was when we were filtering out. Liverpool 9 Palace 0 over the tannoy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Away at Blackpool, midweek during a fuel strike in 2000ish, Rogers and OGH. 2-0 away win. I effing loved that one :)

I think there was a rail strike as well.

There was. I'd been really clever and arranged a business trip in Lancashire so I could go straight to the game ... and then the train strike was announced. Was doubly gutted when I heard the score.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Night game at Reading's Elm Park around 75-76 when we won 3-1 ( I think) had a fantastic atmosphere too. We had trouble finding a parking space and ended up missing the very early first goal. We took a lot of fans to that one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Night game at Reading's Elm Park around 75-76 when we won 3-1 ( I think) had a fantastic atmosphere too. We had trouble finding a parking space and ended up missing the very early first goal. We took a lot of fans to that one.

Forgot that. That was a good one (I think we won 3-2). Wardy was on fire and scored a goal after turning a Reading defender inside out - think Nobby scored two. Robin Friday was superb for Reading too - cracking match. And we had bricks chucked at the Seagull Special afterwards - happy days

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Forgot that. That was a good one (I think we won 3-2). Wardy was on fire and scored a goal after turning a Reading defender inside out - think Nobby scored two. Robin Friday was superb for Reading too - cracking match. And we had bricks chucked at the Seagull Special afterwards - happy days

Ah so I have seen Robin Friday play, didn't realise he was playing for them, I do remember it as a very tense end to end game with two entertaining sides which makes the 3-2 score line sound more like it, I do remember being very nervous during the game.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Biggest support must surely have been at Chelsea replay. Best - hard to choose from all of these. Each one has its own memories noise in the cases of Derby, Forest, etc and the noise/goals/result in the case of the wins. I remember the Leicester League Cup was the only only game I watched where everyone in the away 'side' stood on the seats for the whole game.

Even before my time, how many is it estimated that we took to Highbury for the Rotherham FA Cup replay ?
If 'Sussex by The Sea' was 'ringing out around the ground' there must have been quite a few. (Although the same as Chelsea - with cash entry at the turnstiles and no segregation, we will never know).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
How come no-one's mentioned the 1-0 win at Selhurst in 2005? That was the best night game atmosphere I have witnessed. It was like a return to the old days.

That was a wonderful night against all the odds we won, and I remember the surge when we scored, followed by a few Palace fans running at us from their end and soon changed their minds when they saw another surge of fans ready to chase them onto the pitch.

The hate in their eyes when we came out was just a delight to see.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Interesting you don't want to include the cup final replay, I thought our support was rubbish that night

You are joking, right? If you watch it on video we completely and utterly OUTSING United at the end, even though they have just won the FA CUP and we have been stuffed. Even the commentators mention it. Magnificent support. And much better than the first match because we had the entire end of the stadium, whereas in the first game the bottom tier behind the goal was for 'neutrals' which of course meant it was United.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The Forest & Derby away games of the seventies bring back memories. For younger readers it should be pointed out that in the days of mass vandalism, neither of the two trains that failed to get to the game had a single scratch on them. We were and still are the best behaved supporters in the land.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One I most enjoyed in recent times was Bristol Rovers away. On the brink of another nail in our League One relegation coffin 1-0 down at half-time, I remember their fans giving us loads of shit about getting relegated etc, then the supertrio of Gary Hart, Lloyd Owusu and Calvin Andrew combined to save our arses and pluck a 2-1 win to keep our survival hopes alive. Pasties and cider flying everywhere when we were all doing the Lloyd Owusu staying up jig thing. Also remember it was the same day Arshavin scored 4 at Anfield when Arsenal drew 4-4 with Liverpool, they were talking about how important Arshavin was to Arsenal's future on 5Live in the car home :lolol:

Ah yes - the same Calvin Andrew who played a massive part in our great escape and very much helped us to stay in Lg 1. Had we got relegated there's next to no chance we'd have started life at the Amex in the Championship and prob no way we'd be here today in the Champs with so many STH. Palace fans like to forget this FACT yet harp on about free agent Glenn Murray getting them promoted. Some would argue they are both JUST as important, yet palace loaned us Andrew... :clap2::tosser::bhasign::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here