Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bent off to Derby County on loan?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He had a great game last night and gives 100% unlike Bent. It was cold and raining so faked an injury. Bloody glad the useless over paid donor has gone. We need players fighting and giving 100% and not some past the sell by date ****.

Bent is younger than CMS and has goal scoring record that CMS could only dream of, all achieved in a tougher division. I appreciate effort and commitment is desirable but so too is ability, something CMS is sadly lacking in key elements of his game.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bent is younger than CMS and has goal scoring record that CMS could only dream of, all achieved in a tougher division. I appreciate effort and commitment is desirable but so too is ability, something CMS is sadly lacking in key elements of his game.

Good point.

Can I add that we lost another effective goalscorer 3 years ago who often 'didn't look interested'. Very good at his job though.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Would be a big loss if it happens but he did say he wanted to play games and I am not sure how many he would do so at Derby as scoring goals has not been a problem for them.
I have given up on CMS who just runs around in a headless chicken mode.
Maybe someone told him Hughton was coming...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty sure Hughton tried to sign CMS for Norwich. Might be a good for CMS to play for a manager that actually believes in him

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Catch a Falling Star

Can't say I'm too bothered our whole squad needs reavaluating - sign some permanent players rather than rely on loans.

Make sense for Derby to sign him in case Chris Martin gets injured. Not sure it makes sense for Darren Bent of he wants game time to resurrect his twilight career. No player has ever done that! Return to top flight football.

Derby fans would prefer Glen Murray, McCormack, or Gestede and I don't blame them.

It Bent wants to return to PL football, he is going to have to put in exceptional displays at Championship level. Derby might be a good choice for him if he really is good enough ???

It may very well depend on our new manager if he wants to stay here.

The nearest Albion comparison I can think of goes back to a younger Willie Irvine in the third tier in 1971-72. He came on loan as well before being signed permanently. Bent seems to run into space better than O'Grady and seems a more useful player to me, worth the wages of Macca and O'Grady combined if he can stay fit.

I think Elliott Bennett would be more useful as we lack pace.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just seen a bit on SSN with McLaren laughing off the Bent rumour, so wouldn't read too much into this rumour.

Good. I see Hughton has said he has not given up on signing Bent, but Palar$e now might be after him... in which case, I would bid for Muzza.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bent going to Palace. Imagine any Brighton fans with his name on their shirt :lol:
#mugs

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Apparently didnt last night he was very constructive in his running and dragging defenders out of position.

I thought he did okay at Fulham but nothing more. However, he did win the ball back, after a poor first touch, and play a superb ball through for Bennett for the penalty.

However, we looked a lot better in last 10 minutes with a focus up front in O'Grady. Not CMS's fault as he's not that type of player and doesn't necessarily mean they can't both start but it did show what we've lacked all season, except for a few games from Bent.

I really don't see us getting Bent back and, in fairness, I'd rather we went for a striker that we'd have a realistic chance of signing permanently, even if it's on loan for the rest of the season.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Seems the article was spot on then. He has signed For Derby on loan for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here