Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bent off to Derby County on loan?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If he does, I'm going to bash someone up, so you'd better tell the police or you'll be an accessory to crime!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Would sooner sign Murray on a two year deal, to keep us up this season and get promoted next.

What other options are there Chubba Akpom from Arsenal on loan?

Warnock let Murray go on loan.
Its going be Pardew now, and he might figure in his plans, so I doubt he will be sold in January

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Could be Derby willing to pay more of his wages or looking to sign him when they get promoted. If we get Hughtkn perhaps he will go after Chris Martin from Derby assuming they were at Norwich together.

Just checked wiki they were but Martin was out on loan quite a lot

I would be astonished if Chris Martin went on loan just to accomodate Bent, Martin starts most games for Derby , 16 goals this year and a Scotland international...... no way

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With the money we are paying Bent (£22.5k a week I heard) we could sign a centre forward who was committed to us. Don't get me wrong, I like Bent as a player but would rather Murray back any day off the week on a contract.

Agreed. By all accounts he was not up for it V Reading when we went 2 down. Although perhaps that is harsh and the injury was real.

Maybe with a different approach O'Grady & Baldock can start scoring.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray, Wood & Vaz Te off the top of my head plus that's what a scouting department is for.
Many have said on here Wood hated his time here anc wouldnt come back. We apparently tried for Murray in the summer but CPFC and our valuations were miles apart. Vaz Te gets on the bench for WHA could we afford him as David Gold would probably want all his wages paid. I would break the bank for Murray but then I am not TB.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Many have said on here Wood hated his time here anc wouldnt come back. We apparently tried for Murray in the summer but CPFC and our valuations were miles apart. Vaz Te gets on the bench for WHA could we afford him as David Gold would probably want all his wages paid. I would break the bank for Murray but then I am not TB.

Can you go back to the early pages of this thread and unclick the multi quote you put on my post please BG as I keep getting notifications as a result, even though you're not quoting it. Thanks.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ha ha, pull your knickers up.

TBH he is the right sort of player for us at this time. 100% effort, 100% of the time. Yes, not the greatest technically, but more than makes up for it, especially in occupying the opposition's defenders... he might even score soon! ;-)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
TBH he is the right sort of player for us at this time. 100% effort, 100% of the time. Yes, not the greatest technically, but more than makes up for it, especially in occupying the opposition's defenders... he might even score soon! ;-)

By that logic we may as well try to buy Alex Revell back :facepalm:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
TBH he is the right sort of player for us at this time. 100% effort, 100% of the time. Yes, not the greatest technically, but more than makes up for it, especially in occupying the opposition's defenders... he might even score soon! ;

for a striker though 100% effort is totally pointless without goals ... and he just hasn't got them in him ... maybe given a longer stint at L1 but Championship is a no no

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Could be Derby willing to pay more of his wages or looking to sign him when they get promoted. If we get Hughtkn perhaps he will go after Chris Martin from Derby assuming they were at Norwich together.

Just checked wiki they were but Martin was out on loan quite a lot

Are you seriously suggesting that Derby might loan out Chris Martin, the division's second top scorer? Seriously?

Bent would be to add competition up front for them, not so they can loan out their top scorer.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TBH he is the right sort of player for us at this time. 100% effort, 100% of the time. Yes, not the greatest technically, but more than makes up for it, especially in occupying the opposition's defenders... he might even score soon! ;

for a striker though 100% effort is totally pointless without goals ... and he just hasn't got them in him ... maybe given a longer stint at L1 but Championship is a no no

I choose to be a bit more positive about our players (unless it's Kemy!).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you seriously suggesting that Derby might loan out Chris Martin, the division's second top scorer? Seriously?

Bent would be to add competition up front for them, not so they can loan out their top scorer.
No people were asking how he would figure at Derby with what they had already. We could help them overcome that problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here