Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bent off to Derby County on loan?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could be Derby willing to pay more of his wages or looking to sign him when they get promoted. If we get Hughtkn perhaps he will go after Chris Martin from Derby assuming they were at Norwich together.

Just checked wiki they were but Martin was out on loan quite a lot

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I would agree but TB is reluctant to buy players in January as he doesnt think you get VFM due to being desperate and selling clubs know that.

Well it's quite simple really, buy some decent players this January and/or get more loan players of the calibre of Bent, or else see what VFM relegation works out to be.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should've gone for Murray when Reading got him. We should defo go for him in Jan. Much better suited to our style of play IMHO, although, of course, that may well change.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He never looks like a man with the heart for a battle. And that is what we will need.

Indeed. Who else thought that it was quite convenient to get injured when 2-0 down at home? Call me cynical but that just smelled of Bent thinking to himself: "nah, can't be bothered with this".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed. Who else thought that it was quite convenient to get injured when 2-0 down at home? Call me cynical but that just smelled of Bent thinking to himself: "nah, can't be bothered with this".

I said the same thing. I also saw him 'hiding' behind a defender when we had a corner against Millwall.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Stupid move for Bent. What he wants is first team football. With Russell and Martin where is Bent going to play?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I called it his get out clause when he went off

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would agree but TB is reluctant to buy players in January as he doesnt think you get VFM due to being desperate and selling clubs know that.

He's also quite reluctant in the summer, what's the excuse then?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
BensGrandad;6736403 What other options are there Chubba Akpom from Arsenal on loan?[/QUOTE said:
Now that would be quality, that kid has got everything you need from a striker other than experience, he'll be a top player in the not too distant future.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
In fairness to him he was holding his groin for some 10 mins prior to going off.

Murrays 2nd goal was on 26', substitution on 30'.

Are you sure it wasn't nearer to 4 minutes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here