Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's Field

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, I don't know what you are all worrying about...doesn't it get dug up over in the summer as the lease is up !

That will really be interesting.

I'm pretty certain it will still be used beyond the original 3 year planning permission.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Why did you say "no goals missed" then? Surely there was no need to say that unless you snuck out before the end and were just gloating that you didn't miss anything?

You also said you would "recommend it" which sounds like advise to me.

Mentioned no goals missed, because I was responding to another post which had referred to someone having missed the equaliser.

I think you mean "advice" surely?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, but if more of those who do live in Brighton used other means of getting to the stadium than car, it'd make things less congested for those fans who have little choice but use their cars. I know a fair number of people who live in Brighton and Hove, and regularly drive to the stadium.

While this is perfectly true, if there were a sudden increase in people cycling to the game, there'd be a lot of disappointed people looking for somewhere to park bikes.

The rack at Falmer station (the Lewes-bound side) is hardly used but that would only take about six more, the rack on the Brighton-bound side is inaccessible as it's blocked by the train queuers (made the mistake of leaving the bike there once, never again) and the racks at the ground are completely full 10 minutes before kick-off.

In theory, cycling to the Amex should be a doddle - it's relatively flat and there's a cycle lane all the way there; in practice, there's just enough room for the current bunch of cyclists, with some spare capacity, but it couldn't cope with another 100. And that's not going to make much dent in 25,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here