Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's Field

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This I can comfirm.

Final whistle, quick applause, off to CP2, straight out through 1, momentary wait on the bridge, home on the far side of West Sussex @ 10:25.
Newbie mate was so impressed with the club, stadium, seating, view, and transport.
T'was a shame about the footer.

Same time home, 20 odd miles away in Eastbourne. If you can afford it, the uni is great to park in.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
This I can comfirm.

Final whistle, quick applause, off to CP2, straight out through 1, momentary wait on the bridge, home on the far side of West Sussex @ 10:25.
Newbie mate was so impressed with the club, stadium, seating, view, and transport.
T'was a shame about the footer.

Not nitpicking, but seeing as we seem to live in roughly the same area (I'm Worthing) - I left on whistle and jogged to park and ride pick up. Straight on bus, straight out and off to Mithras house, in car, back in Worthing by 10:20

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not nitpicking, but seeing as we seem to live in roughly the same area (I'm Worthing) - I left on whistle and jogged to park and ride pick up. Straight on bus, straight out and off to Mithras house, in car, back in Worthing by 10:20

Stat Brother says he lives in 'the far side of West Sussex. Surely Worthing is the near side of West Sussex?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The mrs picked us up at the virgin club and the traffic flowed really quickly for a change despite the myriad of people parking next to the ground on village way ...in fact we drove around one dick head double parked so blocking a bus in!

Barber has obviously drastically reduced stewards on match days and so it was a bit of a free for all yesterday. But we were fortunate this time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised you can get out of Mithras in good time.
I was always quite happy with P&R, but work circumstances changed and I needed the guaranteed spot.
I wasn't doing down the other routes just echoing the ease of the Uni.
Financially I'd love to go back to P&R, but giving up the uni would be very difficult.

Stat Brother says he lives in 'the far side of West Sussex. Surely Worthing is the near side of West Sussex?
Border to the better half of Sussex - Worthing - me (the last true Albion outpost) - then the map ends :lol:.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come to think of it the Uni is shite.

I've only just got in
I had to sleep in the car
I've missed work
The car was vandalised
All the tyres were slashed
Someone poohed on the car roof.

I thought I'd parked in downtown LA.

I strongly advise nobody else parks at the uni, it's a hell hole.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Bennetts Field has car parking staff who are qualified in traffic management.....I know because they told us when we asked about proceedure. #barbercoveringallbases

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bennetts Field has car parking staff who are qualified in traffic management.....I know because they told us when we asked about proceedure. #barbercoveringallbases

Bennetts Field after an evening game, has NO staff, qualified or otherwise. There was not a soul in sight yesterday. The management of that car park is an absolute disgrace. And a dangerous one at that. Somebody is going to get hurt in there one day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bennetts Field after an evening game, has NO staff, qualified or otherwise. There was not a soul in sight yesterday. The management of that car park is an absolute disgrace. And a dangerous one at that. Somebody is going to get hurt in there one day.

Again, this is not news to you - swap to the Uni for a stress-free escape.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
do all cars leaving bennets field have to go through the small railway tunnel? or is there another exit?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the problems at the Racecourse P/R pre-match last night. We always use the Racecourse P/R and on a normal evening game we leave Sompting at 6pm and get to the racecourse at about 6:35, get straight on a bus (normally about 6 buses waiting) and arrive at the Amex at about 7pm. Last night the car park was nearly full when we arrived, no buses waiting and about 100 people queuing. Waited for 15mins for the next bus, by which time there were about 300 people queuing, and ended up only just making it to our seats in time for kick off.
There must have been a load of people who missed the start of the game. The club keep advising everyone to use (the apparantly under used!!) Racecourse P/R, and then when people take this advice they seem to have cut the number of buses on the route as well, brilliant!! I appreciate that a nearly full car park equates to a lot more people but there were definitely fewer buses as well. This is all getting a bit silly if it means we'll now have to leave at about 5:30 for a HOME game to be sure of getting to the ground at a reasonable time.That is the same time we left for an evening game at St Mary's Southampton, a couple of years back, and we were in the ground at 7:15.
And then watching last night's dire performance just added to my general feeling of being p****d off.
Thankyou, I feel a bit better now................................................but not by much.

:nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Again, this is not news to you - swap to the Uni for a stress-free escape.

It is pretty shit deal for disabled supporters though, as most of their parking is in Bennetts Field.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the problems at the Racecourse P/R pre-match last night. We always use the Racecourse P/R and on a normal evening game we leave Sompting at 6pm and get to the racecourse at about 6:35, get straight on a bus (normally about 6 buses waiting) and arrive at the Amex at about 7pm. Last night the car park was nearly full when we arrived, no buses waiting and about 100 people queuing. Waited for 15mins for the next bus, by which time there were about 300 people queuing, and ended up only just making it to our seats in time for kick off.
There must have been a load of people who missed the start of the game. The club keep advising everyone to use (the apparantly under used!!) Racecourse P/R, and then when people take this advice they seem to have cut the number of buses on the route as well, brilliant!! I appreciate that a nearly full car park equates to a lot more people but there were definitely fewer buses as well. This is all getting a bit silly if it means we'll now have to leave at about 5:30 for a HOME game to be sure of getting to the ground at a reasonable time.That is the same time we left for an evening game at St Mary's Southampton, a couple of years back, and we were in the ground at 7:15.
And then watching last night's dire performance just added to my general feeling of being p****d off.
Thankyou, I feel a bit better now................................................but not by much.

Increased prices all round, cuts to all services. The match day experience seems to be deteriorating rap[idly. I sometimes wonder if Barber will drive people away next season and will actually cost us money as opposed to make us more.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

You were unlucky then as I arrived at 6.30, car park half full, 3 buses waiting, on first one in ground by 6.55. Saw 2 buses heading back to Racecourse as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here