Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's Field

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
do all cars leaving bennets field have to go through the small railway tunnel? or is there another exit?

The exit is the same as where the buses and coaches exit, out onto Village Way.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Cycled. Home by 10. No goals missed. No Bennett, no field, no stewards. Recommend it.

All very well but I take my disabled father, and I live 70 miles away. Can't really cycle can I? Getting home at half past midnight is not ideal when I need to be up for work at 6am. Thankfully only one more Tuesday evening game this season at home

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Unless you leave early, the P&R at Mill Road is still very slow.

It's one of the reasons IMO that evening games are, by comparison poorly attended.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
First time there tonight and its madness! As soon as 2 parked cars in a row move off, all hell breaks loose! Cars who should be queuing in an orderly fashion all dart towards the open gap - the stewards notice it eventually and sometimes block a car in part way through the gap with a well placed cone. Said car then tries to reverse into the queue of traffic behind it.

Basically, if everyone just queued properly, it would be a lot quicker and a lot less frustrating for everyone. Not sure if ill use it again!!

Absolutely this

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thankfully only one more Tuesday evening game this season at home

Think that's how huge numbers of people feel about midweek games at the Amex now. The games themselves are fantastic as only floodlit games can be, but there's that sudden overwhelming sense of being stuck in the middle of bloody nowhere at quarter to ten at night vying for the same few transport options as 25,000 other souls who have to get up and do stuff early next morning. No fun.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Home by 10 cycling? Wherever you live, you may not have missed any goals but you must have left with a chunk of time still to play.

Well done on the quick journey home but REAL fans stay til the end and support the team. If everyone followed your advise we would have an empty stadium at 85 minutes.

I stayed to the end, clapped the team off, had a piss, had a quick chat with an NSCer while collecting my bike and was home by 10.00 too. Easily done

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Home by 10 cycling? Wherever you live, you may not have missed any goals but you must have left with a chunk of time still to play.

Well done on the quick journey home but REAL fans stay til the end and support the team. If everyone followed your advise we would have an empty stadium at 85 minutes.

I've never left before the final whistle and I didn't last night. It's true that I live in Brighton not that far from the Lewes Road, but it's also certainly true that I was home by 10 and, for what it's worth not out of breath. It's not for you to judge whether I'm a REAL fan or not, and I wasn't offering advice anyway, just describing my own experience which seemed a little more congenial than that experienced by the petrol heads fruitlessly idling their engines waiting to get out of Bennett's Field or wherever.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If you live in brighton.

A significant percentage of our fans don't.

Yes, but if more of those who do live in Brighton used other means of getting to the stadium than car, it'd make things less congested for those fans who have little choice but use their cars. I know a fair number of people who live in Brighton and Hove, and regularly drive to the stadium.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I've never left before the final whistle and I didn't last night. It's true that I live in Brighton not that far from the Lewes Road, but it's also certainly true that I was home by 10 and, for what it's worth not out of breath. It's not for you to judge whether I'm a REAL fan or not, and I wasn't offering advice anyway, just describing my own experience which seemed a little more congenial than that experienced by the petrol heads fruitlessly idling their engines waiting to get out of Bennett's Field or wherever.

Why did you say "no goals missed" then? Surely there was no need to say that unless you snuck out before the end and were just gloating that you didn't miss anything?

You also said you would "recommend it" which sounds like advise to me.

Mar 9, 2013
At that time of night they should have the lights on really long extended green phase. There is hardly any traffic going down the woodingdean road. It is really frustrating watching nothing pass down the road whilst village way is stuck on red

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Having said that when the honeymoon is well and truly over and the hardcore support of 12,000 is supplemented by those who still think its fashionable to watch the Albion, and the obligatory butterfly fans, it will be a cakewalk getting in and out of the stadium car parks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but if more of those who do live in Brighton used other means of getting to the stadium than car, it'd make things less congested for those fans who have little choice but use their cars. I know a fair number of people who live in Brighton and Hove, and regularly drive to the stadium.

I think the bottom line is that if you provide and charge for a service i.e. car-parking then you need to operate it sufficiently well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the bottom line is that if you provide and charge for a service i.e. car-parking then you need to operate it sufficiently well.

Considering the amount of diligence throughout the planning process with regards the transport policy, the club seems to have really neglected the operational aspect of the activities at the Amex after matches.

I've seen trains leaving the station with space in the carriages, the loading of buses has come in for criticism too, and BF, enough said. We get To the Amex fairly well, I've no real problems whether I use the train, or drive. Thinking about it, Southern (Brighton Station) are very good at getting as many people on the trains as possible pre-match, the P&R don't let the buses go till they're pretty much full, but after games the club seem to wash their hands of it. Those in Hi-Viz jackets, who are left after a game don't seem to have any remit, or enthusiasm, to assist in making the egress more efficient.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, I don't know what you are all worrying about...doesn't it get dug up over in the summer as the lease is up !

That will really be interesting.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pretty much last to leave my seat in WSU, shuffled down and queued for a pint. Sipped pint watching the results on the telly box. Then queued for about 5 minutes for Mithras PNR. Back over the downs in sunny haywards Heath by 1045. Early leavers, please continue to leave as early as possible. Makes my life so very easy. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here