Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett's Field

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We sat for 50 minutes without moving after getting into our car, then a further 30 minutes of stop start edging out before we cleared the car park. FBS was behind us in his Disco, a couple of players were also trying to leave, all queuing for the best part of an hour and a half to exit the car park. It's not very good really is it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We sat for 50 minutes without moving after getting into our car, then a further 30 minutes of stop start edging out before we cleared the car park. FBS was behind us in his Disco, a couple of players were also trying to leave, all queuing for the best part of an hour and a half to exit the car park. It's not very good really is it?

Use the inclusive public transport then ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Use the university then - it's been mentioned once or twice before. I always get away from there with no waiting at all.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We're they using the same tactics as the team tonight to clear the car park?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Use the university then - it's been mentioned once or twice before. I always get away from there with no waiting at all.

That's what I've been doing all this season but I had a disabled friend with me tonight so thought it would be easier for him to get In and out of the ground if I used BF

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's what I've been doing all this season but I had a disabled friend with me tonight so thought it would be easier for him to get In and out of the ground if I used BF

Ah, fair enough.

I've never used BF but I'm not sure I ever would based on the reviews of the fine people of this site.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
First train out, and back in the city centre by 9.50. Did miss the goal however :facepalm: again. So I'm going to have to keep leaving early now, for the team.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
First train out, and back in the city centre by 9.50. Did miss the goal however :facepalm: again. So I'm going to have to keep leaving early now, for the team.

MissGull does sound like Missed Goal, so your username is pretty apt! :lol:

As for Bennetts Field, Village Way from the University had three lanes of traffic at one point. Absolute chaos thanks to the inept stewards and the brain dead drivers. :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've used Bennets Field as its an easier walk for y dad but now fed up with it. Tonight was just pure incompetence. Stewards clueless. Will be asking for a transfer in the morning. Lets hope Bruno does the same.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
First time there tonight and its madness! As soon as 2 parked cars in a row move off, all hell breaks loose! Cars who should be queuing in an orderly fashion all dart towards the open gap - the stewards notice it eventually and sometimes block a car in part way through the gap with a well placed cone. Said car then tries to reverse into the queue of traffic behind it.

Basically, if everyone just queued properly, it would be a lot quicker and a lot less frustrating for everyone. Not sure if ill use it again!!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Cycled. Home by 10. No goals missed. No Bennett, no field, no stewards. Recommend it.

Home by 10 cycling? Wherever you live, you may not have missed any goals but you must have left with a chunk of time still to play.

Well done on the quick journey home but REAL fans stay til the end and support the team. If everyone followed your advise we would have an empty stadium at 85 minutes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Home by 10 cycling? Wherever you live, you may not have missed any goals but you must have left with a chunk of time still to play.

Well done on the quick journey home but REAL fans stay til the end and support the team. If everyone followed your advise we would have an empty stadium at 85 minutes.

Or maybe he lives locally? :facepalm:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I've used Bennets Field as its an easier walk for y dad but now fed up with it. Tonight was just pure incompetence. Stewards clueless. Will be asking for a transfer in the morning. Lets hope Bruno does the same.

i hope you get some proper feedback
evening games are always bad in BF but tonight again was bloody pants,didnt get back to Worthing until 11.30 and the early start today makes me an unhappy bunny.
I take a wheelchair bound person to games so options are limited for parking,it really shouldnt be that hard to clear a car park within a reasonable time.......should it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This I can comfirm.

Final whistle, quick applause, off to CP2, straight out through 1, momentary wait on the bridge, home on the far side of West Sussex @ 10:25.
Newbie mate was so impressed with the club, stadium, seating, view, and transport.
T'was a shame about the footer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here