[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What, like the first one presented to him? Maybe the second.

Do you accept the first offer you receive when you're selling a property?

He's a young player on a modest contract who has seen his stock rise significantly over the last year or so (how could it not when he's been coached at close quarters by the best football coach in the whole wide world ever). He and his agent will be playing hardball on their next deal, and rightly so.

Holiday pay, days off on lieu for working bank holidays, working away allowance, car allowance, private health care the list goes on.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Arent we just assuming they are negotiating a new contract just now? This refused x times is just rumour passed off as fact. Might as well be written on the side of a bus for all the good it is...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Did Bielsa sign the first contract that was sent over to him this summer? Or has he sent it back time after time to iron out everything he wants perfectly? Or maybe he’s rejected them all because he wants to leave?

Which is it?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Oh Well, now Dunk has singed, looks like its over for us and Ben White. Always inevitable...... best of luck Ben!

wacko.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ben White

What, like the first one presented to him? Maybe the second.

Do you accept the first offer you receive when you're selling a property?

He's a young player on a modest contract who has seen his stock rise significantly over the last year or so (how could it not when he's been coached at close quarters by the best football coach in the whole wide world ever). He and his agent will be playing hardball on their next deal, and rightly so.

This. Time to do one, Orca. Byeeeee.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If he wants to stay, why doesn't he sign a new contract?

Surely that would be an indication of it?

I don't think any footballer has any loyalty to any club. None of them "want to" be anywhere. He will play for the biggest club for the highest wages he can. That is the long and short of it.

The argument between Brighton and Leeds over White makes me think of two bald men arguing over a comb.

A fun analogy, but not relevant in this case, unless of course one of the bald men had owned his treasured comb for a long time and the other man had borrowed but was refusing to hand it back.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
No you're right of course. No loyalty apart from today from one of the best centre backs in England has just signed a new contract with the club he's been with since a youngster amid rumours of a move to a big team.

Would that be the same Lewis Dunk who only figures twice in the Premier League top 20 players, in the various defending categories for last season then?

1. Fifth place for "Blocks" - behind 3 other Englishmen (I bet he f****** hates that Tarkowski fella)
2. Joint ninth for "Last Man Tackles" - at least in this one he managed to keep up with Shane Duffy but sadly couldn't quite match Steve Cook!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Would that be the same Lewis Dunk who only figures twice in the Premier League top 20 players, in the various defending categories for last season then?

1. Fifth place for "Blocks" - behind 3 other Englishmen (I bet he f****** hates that Tarkowski fella)
2. Joint ninth for "Last Man Tackles" - at least in this one he managed to keep up with Shane Duffy but sadly couldn't quite match Steve Cook!

Lols.
You lot have been utterly deranged about White but this takes the biscuit.
Come back to us after we've played you poppet. Poor old Bamford.
A polite reminder...your best defender last season started it as about our 6th best. Now your best defender is Liam ****ing Cooper.

Last edited:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston

Yes i believe these stats fall firmly in the category of one of the best centre backs in England as was stated. You're welcome.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Piffle.

I am not turned on by violence, quite the reverse, it sickens me. And I don't enjoy being hated. Who does?

But if you are, for the simple and irrational fact that you support a particular team what are you supposed to do? Support someone else?

It is hard to think of anything less enlightened and more bigoted than to make sweeping generalisations about someone;s character (whom you have never met and (don't) know from a few posts on an internet forum, based on their choice of football team. It is beyond absurd.

Man the harpooooons!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

still blubbing into your vimto then? you sad sack

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Wow. This is highly enriched, weapons grade BUFFOONERY. You're actually deriding an experienced Premier League centreback who would pretty much walk into any team outside of the top 6, and several within it. If Dunk was in your second division team, your chances of staying up would increase x3. But thats not gonna happen, and now you're not getting White, you've got a maHOOsive hole to plug back there. As well as up front, because if you're still playing that carthorse Bamford, you'll be down before the clocks go forward.

Fact.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Oh Well, now Dunk has singed, looks like its over for us and Ben White. Always inevitable...... best of luck Ben!

View attachment 127546

Yeah I still can’t wrap my head around the distorted logic of this one.

What does it mean exactly.

They think we can’t afford to keep both? That it has to be either or? Or.. no, I genuinely don’t understand. I think they just continue to manipulate facts to fit their narrative that Ben is going to join them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

It's the Lewis Dunk that shits on Liam Cooper for talent.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah I still can’t wrap my head around the distorted logic of this one.

What does it mean exactly.

They think we can’t afford to keep both? That it has to be either or? Or.. no, I genuinely don’t understand. I think they just continue to manipulate facts to fit their narrative that Ben is going to join them.

it's simply desperation, we should stop mocking, really

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
Yes i believe these stats fall firmly in the category of one of the best centre backs in England as was stated. You're welcome.

Ah I see..so the fact that he’s not in the top 20 at all in 5 of the 7 defending categories doesn’t count then

Got it now...thanks :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ah I see..so the fact that he’s not in the top 20 at all in 5 of the 7 defending categories doesn’t count then

Got it now...thanks :thumbsup:

As it stands, Leeds are going to get eaten alive in the PL. You really have no idea.

Time to walk the whippet ?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Feeling a bit fatigued with all this nonsense. We should just draw a line under this now, they can’t say they haven’t been warned. Just let the inevitable happen. The shiny new honeymoon period between Leeds and the Premier League won’t last long.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
It's the Lewis Dunk that shits on Liam Cooper for talent.

Possibly so but what has anything that I said got to do with Liam Cooper?

I was replying to the poster who said that Lewis Dunk was one of the top centre backs in England by pointing out that the Premier Leagues own stats would perhaps tend to suggest otherwise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports