Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I just can’t wait for #bielsaout to start trending [emoji56]

He'll have walked well before that happens. He won't stick around for a relegation battle. If they don't sign the players he feels would keep their heads comfortably above the parapet he'll be off before they've even started.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Now that the ignorant of Yorkshire have grasped the meaning of N and O when joined together in a word, we can give armchair quality opinions about how good BW is relative to our other defenders. The hype suggests he should be starting against Chelsea, possibly on his own in a back 1, I think it is more likely he is competing for the 3rd cb spot of sub/in a back 3. Assuming Dunk and Webster are ahead of him, that leaves BW competing with Veltman, BDB (assuming he isn't still moonlighting out on the left) then whoever else is still in the squad out of Clarke, Duffy and Østigård bringing up the rear. So at this point in time he is an important member of the squad but not guaranteed to be on the pitch or even on the bench. Of course Potter now has 3 weeks to make his own decisions but expect he will instead read this and go with it.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Now that the ignorant of Yorkshire have grasped the meaning of N and O when joined together in a word, we can give armchair quality opinions about how good BW is relative to our other defenders. The hype suggests he should be starting against Chelsea, possibly on his own in a back 1, I think it is more likely he is competing for the 3rd cb spot of sub/in a back 3. Assuming Dunk and Webster are ahead of him, that leaves BW competing with Veltman, BDB (assuming he isn't still moonlighting out on the left) then whoever else is still in the squad out of Clarke, Duffy and Østigård bringing up the rear. So at this point in time he is an important member of the squad but not guaranteed to be on the pitch or even on the bench. Of course Potter now has 3 weeks to make his own decisions but expect he will instead read this and go with it.

Peering into my crystal ball, Reckon he'll be on the bench for the opener.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Peering into my crystal ball, Reckon he'll be on the bench for the opener.

Almost guaranteed - he'll be gently and steadily integrated into what is a MUCH HIGHER standard of football (for the benefit of any lingering Northerners still lurking on here). So pleased he'll have Dunky next to him when he does start. Fantastic news.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

If we haven't bought a new striker by then, Potter might start him as centre forward! We know he can score.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I can't smell bullshit anymore. Where have all the Leeds fans gone?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the certainty of opportunity to form a partnership with his hero. I expect White to sign later today or tomorrow. The final bit of his contract puzzle is in place.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm getting used to expecting the unexpected with GP's selections now. Therefore, I fully expect Ben White to start the Chelsea game in goal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Almost guaranteed - he'll be gently and steadily integrated into what is a MUCH HIGHER standard of football (for the benefit of any lingering Northerners still lurking on here). So pleased he'll have Dunky next to him when he does start. Fantastic news.

That's also part of the last chance saloon delusion being perpetrated on WACCOE this afternoon. As the window closes 3 weeks after season opener and as White may start on bench, they can push him to hand in a transfer request before deadline and guarantee him a start. Yep, that's the latest fantasy!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The other is that Lewis Dunk 5 year contract means that White cant possibly be selected -I mean, its simply ludricous. I live just outside Leeds and I sweated on ensuring my daughter got into one of the very few good schools. You can see the effects of a poor education around these parts - especially south Leeds where most of the thickest and thuggish element of Leeds fan come from.

That's also part of the last chance saloon delusion being perpetrated on WACCOE this afternoon. As the window closes 3 weeks after season opener and as White may start on bench, they can push him to hand in a transfer request before deadline and guarantee him a start. Yep, that's the latest fantasy!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They have spent the past year convincing themselves that if they go up they'll sign White.

It's pretty difficult to take I suppose when the harsh reality doesn't agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It wouldn't surprise me if
Ben started as defensive mid
with The new dutch guy, Webster and Dunk behind.

Trying to guess a GP team and tactics is the way to madness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here