Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not really a criticism is it, more of an observation. I think we're getting into the realms that any comments outside the 'party line' are jumped on. I don't think I've been that critical, I've posed an opinion on why we hadn't judged a 22 year old as being able to add to our squad - everyone seems to think the loan was the right thing to do, which is fine, I'm asking whether it's possible there are some questions being asked back at Lancing HQ 'why did we let this kid go last season?' Not really sure why that's the last thing anyone expected to see. Are we in full hyperbole on this subject now? I note you partly agree anyway...

If they came back on June 27, are you saying the Leeds deal was done in 3 days? Or Potter looked at him for say 2 days, said he can go out on loan, and the deal was done in a day?

:lol:

Having a different opinion is fine, but when you start postulating factually-incorrect bollocks (such as White taking no part in pre-season training last summer) I'm fairly likely to respond - it's a bit like a red rag to a bull!

Of course, I have no inside info on what actually happens at the football club, but I would expect a loan move such as White to Leeds would be at least days, and more likely weeks in the making (particularly as we now know there was to-ing and fro-ing about the terms of the deal, with Leeds wanting a right-to-buy option that Albion wouldn't give them).

Potter joined the club on May 20. He already knew of White from wanting to take him on loan to Swansea. I'm absolutely certain he was fully involved in the decision-making process that eventually took White to Leeds, and I have absolutely no reason to believe that he was disgruntled about it in any way. And I have absolutely no problem with you believing otherwise - just don't pervert the facts when you try to justify your ridiculous theory. :thumbsup:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'd try to pick him out in the training photos but I have no idea what he looks like, based on never hearing of him until leeds united made him the player he is today.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
:lol:

Having a different opinion is fine, but when you start postulating factually-incorrect bollocks (such as White taking no part in pre-season training last summer) I'm fairly likely to respond - it's a bit like a red rag to a bull!

Of course, I have no inside info on what actually happens at the football club, but I would expect a loan move such as White to Leeds would be at least days, and more likely weeks in the making (particularly as we now know there was to-ing and fro-ing about the terms of the deal, with Leeds wanting a right-to-buy option that Albion wouldn't give them).

Potter joined the club on May 20. He already knew of White from wanting to take him on loan to Swansea. I'm absolutely certain he was fully involved in the decision-making process that eventually took White to Leeds, and I have absolutely no reason to believe that he was disgruntled about it in any way. And I have absolutely no problem with you believing otherwise - just don't pervert the facts when you try to justify your ridiculous theory. :thumbsup:

I never suggested he was disgruntled. :shrug:

Only thing I got factually wrong was that he was at pre-season for 2 or 3 days. Blimey, doesn't take much of a red rag for you does it. :rolleyes:

Potter may well have known about White before arriving, but both of us are making an assumption whether he agreed the loan deal being made or not, or whether it was pretty much done anyway, I guess we'd have to ask him (which is what I had already stated numerous times, and as clear as I could state it was my opinion not backed by any facts - do I need to put it in bold in future?)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Maybe scarce on here, but still going on Twitter -

https://twitter.com/dd_lufc/status/1296846566242816000

Good lord it never ends does it. What on earth is going through their minds?

Sincerely. I mean I see a lot of Brighton fans on social media, and you get the odd nonsense but by and large we’re pretty damn humble, reasonable and level headed.

I’ve never seen anything like this behaviour and I thought Villa fans were bad. A poster above suggested there are issues with the education system up there, and jokes aside I think there is perhaps an element of truth to that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The Twitter quote I was trying to share was this:

"we are lead to believe , each time he rejected he contacted Orta , so we could prepare a bid ...yes i agree with negotiations ,its my business ! but even his own agent said whilst he was at Leeds he had turned down a revised new contract additional to the one he signed before us"

Not seen that reported before on here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The Twitter quote I was trying to share was this:

"we are lead to believe , each time he rejected he contacted Orta , so we could prepare a bid ...yes i agree with negotiations ,its my business ! but even his own agent said whilst he was at Leeds he had turned down a revised new contract additional to the one he signed before us"

Not seen that reported before on here.

That makes absolutely zero sense.

Shouldn't be surprised really, It's clear we have entered some kind of bizarre parallel dimension when leeds fans are offering financial conduct advice to a club their owner has publically stated is the model to follow, suggesting Leeds is a nicer place to live than that "Seaside shithole" and best of all claiming our youth prospect is somehow "leeds through and through" after a year on loan from us. You just could not make any of it up :lolol:

I'm almost sad that it's all coming to a close.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They have spent the past year convincing themselves that if they go up they'll sign White.

It's pretty difficult to take I suppose when the harsh reality doesn't agree.

From having seen Leeds fans’ social media comments on White throughout the season, I think you’re 100% correct. Even after recognising that they hadn’t been able to sort a buy clause at the end of the loan, they just assumed he’d be their player on promotion and Brighton wouldn’t have a say in it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Shouldn't be surprised really, It's clear we have entered some kind of bizarre parallel dimension when leeds fans are offering financial conduct advice to a club their owner has publically stated is the model to follow, suggesting Leeds is a nicer place to live than that "Seaside shithole" and best of all claiming our youth prospect is somehow "leeds through and through" after a year on loan from us. You just could not make any of it up :lolol:

Not to mention the paradoxical assertion that he’d be first pick for Leeds’ top ten side, but he’d be a bench warmer for Brighton’s supposed weaker side that are likely to get relegated.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Every close season NSC forgets it's raison d'etre. If you don't like it, just leave for a week or two. It will be back to normal soon enough.

It is no more boring than reading Plooks' sanctimonious drivel. We get it - Leeds threads are boring apparently. Well they won't be prominent forever and it will all be forgotten about in 3 weeks, so just leave for a while if you don't like it.

What else is as hot a topic as Ben White for Albion fans? I personally can't bring myself to keep reading about how utterly shit our government is because I find it so depressing, so apart from once (and one comment yesterday), guess what, I don't read those threads anymore.

Don’t recall it being as bad as this though Simster......

Perhaps my memory is just selective.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I have a theory that a lot of these leeds fan twitter users aren’t actually from leeds. In all likelihood they could have chosen any of four or five teams based on their geography but either they or their parents were attracted to the leeds ‘reputation’ over the others so the whole thing gets re-enforced. That dope killer whale wrote several long posts where it was clear he was turned on by the violence and hatred. I’m sure there are many more like him and combined they are a pretty toxic bunch of thickos. I feel a bit sorry for the embarrassment they must cause to the regular leeds fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here